Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
The wait depends on which office you appeal goes to so if you live in the Maritimes as I do it went to the Montreal appeal office and it took 9 months to get the date of the appeal for an ADR. A full hearing I understand I would have waited 2-3 years. I was lucky as my application got an ADR which took less than an hour to resolve.

Reactions: Alicee

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Do you know how long you need to wait to get the answer of weather or not appeal is allowed after full hearing? Thanks

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
hi there guys.. hope you are well and happy new year to you all

short background-- APPLIED PR AND SOWP WITH A LAWYER
IM A BRITISH BANGLADESHI, BORN IN BANGLADESH AND NATURALIZED IN THE UK. CAME TO CANADA JULY 2016 AND MARRIED LONG TERM GF AND CANADIAN CITIZEN OCT 2016. APPLIED IN NOV 16TH 2016.

BRITISH GETS 6MONTHS VISA UPON ENTRY AND THAT RUNS OUT MID JAN 2017

MY QUERIES:
LAWYER SAID NO NEED TO APPLY FOR VISIT VISA EXTENTION ONCE IT RUNS OUT IN JAN... IS HE RIGHT?
LAWYER SENT ME AN EMAIL WITH A FILE NUMBER, WHICH IS BASICALLY A LETTER BY CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE APPLICATION... IS THIS THE 1ST AOR OR 2ND AOR?
HOW LONG FOR WORK PERMIT TO COME?
LAWYER HASNT YET GIVEN ME ANY LETTER FROM CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPLICATION FOR SOWP!!!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE .. OH BTW NO CRIMINAL RECORDS AND SECOND MARRIAGES FOR BOTH OF US

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
NKT0817 said:
Do you know how long you need to wait to get the answer of weather or not appeal is allowed after full hearing? Thanks
Some people get a decision right away at the hearing. Other people have waited as long as 90 days for a decision, maybe more.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
MyMaple said:
hi there guys.. hope you are well and happy new year to you all

short background-- APPLIED PR AND SOWP WITH A LAWYER
IM A BRITISH BANGLADESHI, BORN IN BANGLADESH AND NATURALIZED IN THE UK. CAME TO CANADA JULY 2016 AND MARRIED LONG TERM GF AND CANADIAN CITIZEN OCT 2016. APPLIED IN NOV 16TH 2016.

BRITISH GETS 6MONTHS VISA UPON ENTRY AND THAT RUNS OUT MID JAN 2017

MY QUERIES:
LAWYER SAID NO NEED TO APPLY FOR VISIT VISA EXTENTION ONCE IT RUNS OUT IN JAN... IS HE RIGHT?
LAWYER SENT ME AN EMAIL WITH A FILE NUMBER, WHICH IS BASICALLY A LETTER BY CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE APPLICATION... IS THIS THE 1ST AOR OR 2ND AOR?
HOW LONG FOR WORK PERMIT TO COME?
LAWYER HASNT YET GIVEN ME ANY LETTER FROM CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPLICATION FOR SOWP!!!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE .. OH BTW NO CRIMINAL RECORDS AND SECOND MARRIAGES FOR BOTH OF US
I think you are in the wrong message thread. This one is for people whose spousal application have been refused, and is in appeal.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
immappeal1 said:
Hello everyone,
I'd like to know please if I have to have a lawyer in order to appeal or can my Canadian wife represent our case without needing a lawyer since we can't afford one.
Thanks in advance
It really depends on your particular case, and how complex it is. What were the reasons for refusal?

Many people have successfully represented themselves at the appeal hearing. If you are lucky, you might even have the chance to get it resolved at ADR, and it wouldn't even need to go to hearing.

Your wife should be able to spare the time to sit in on a couple of hearings to get a feel for what they are like - sometimes they are over in an hour, sometimes they take the full day. Most immigration lawyers and consultants are also willing to provide a brief consultation for a small fee, usually around $250 or so.
==============
I went back and took a look at your older posting from earlier this week, and it sounds like your application has yet to be refused, and the Visa Office is asking for additional evidence to support your case, is that right? Has that window of opportunity already passed, or have you thrown in the towel and resigned yourself to the fact that it will be refused, and that you will argue your case in appeal?

It sounds like you had the chance to provide more evidence, and you were at a lost as to what else you could give them, and when someone pointed you to the appeals forum for research and you found it too daunting. If that is true, then maybe it's not such a good idea to represent yourself. By going into appeal, I guess it'll give you another two years or so to put together your case. Try and sit in on a few hearings where the circumstances are similar to yours. See what types of questions they tend to ask; what works, and what doesn't.

Unless you can go back in time, some of things that they take issue with can't be changed. With others, for example the thing with the friends and extended relatives, I suspect they would suspect you of manufacturing evidence to fit the narrative if you produced it all of a sudden. They can't accept the fact that not all relationships fit their model of a genuine marriage.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck, whichever road you decide to take.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
wait_so_long said:
Some people get a decision right away at the hearing. Other people have waited as long as 90 days for a decision, maybe more.
Thank you wait_so_long

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
WE WERE NOT ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOU USING INFORMATION PROVIDED.

This is the message when I try to check my status online. I have checked it many times in the past and have never got this message. I had my full hearing mid november and still don't have a answer but I'm unsure as to why I'm getting this message. Any thoughts on why or is anyone else having this issue? Thanks so much

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
I just called cic 1888 242 2100. After we won our appeal cic asked for my application # and was able to pull up the person working on my file at IAD. Cic gave me the persons number directly.

brookslakeside said:
Where can we find the number of the assigned person who is working on our file after a successful appeal? Thanks if you can guide me on this.
When I checked my ecas using both mine and my partner's UCI, we got no file. I'm also hopeful because at the end of our Full Hearing the judge and the Minister 's counsel advised my partner that the processing will take four months. So we will see.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
when ur file reaches Ottawa they will reopen it and then u can check it on ECAS.

brookslakeside said:
Where can we find the number of the assigned person who is working on our file after a successful appeal? Thanks if you can guide me on this.
When I checked my ecas using both mine and my partner's UCI, we got no file. I'm also hopeful because at the end of our Full Hearing the judge and the Minister 's counsel advised my partner that the processing will take four months. So we will see.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
preity said:
My husband is a Canadian PR and I am in India. If I apply for an open work permit along with my PR application, how long does it take for the work permit to be approved? Also once approved, does it allow me to enter Canada? Or should I wait for my PR approval to come through before I can enter?

For open work permit you have to be inland spousal sponsorship. And outland

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:
got our request for passport today ... almost exactly one year after we won the appeal

PC0827 ... there is no rhyme or reason to how CIC processes cases. Some get PPR 4 months after successful appeal, others much longer.

Be patient ... and just be happy you won the appeal
Hi Wintersnow, so happy to hear your good news.and i am also very surprised that you only got it now. We are flying on the 16th, Jan to vancouver for first time landing before it gets expired in April, stay for 20 days then come back for about one more year in China.

Best luck for you and everyone.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
AnnieDonald said:
Hi Wintersnow, so happy to hear your good news.and i am also very surprised that you only got it now. We are flying on the 16th, Jan to vancouver for first time landing before it gets expired in April, stay for 20 days then come back for about one more year in China.

Best luck for you and everyone.
thanks Annie. Ya ... like I say there is no logical explanation as to how CIC processes files.