+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
PC0827 said:
You can do the next process on your own. After I won my appeal back in June/2016. I hired my lawyer again to fill out my updated forms. I paid them $3000 just to fill out simple forms that I could have done myself. I hired them at the time thinking I couldn't take any chances now since I've been waiting since August/2012 to reunite with my husband in Canada. I also thought at the time having a lawyer represent my husband and I would make things a bit faster. But it didn't and we are still waiting for a passport request. It's very fusrating because everything was moving fast once we won our appeal, as in getting the medical and police clearance request within a few weeks after winning our appeal. But now it seems as things have slowed down again. So I would suggest the next step do it on your own if u feel confident and comfortable. Save yourself some money.
Thanks so much for replying me...PC0827 and wait_so_long. But what will be the next step . I mean will i be getting a letter of decision made or my husband will be getting a letter or what will be the next step.

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
Tina dhaliwal said:
Hello Every one...i need the help of the senior members please. We won our appeal on Dec 14th 2016. Now what will be the next step. I had a lawyer. He said if i want further paper work to be done with him i can make an appointment with him . I am sure he is going to charge me heavy fee for the further paper work as well ..i am already in very tight financial condition. So if some one can guide me please for the further process and if me and my husband can do that without the help of the lawyer that will be really appreciable. Please do reply senior members.
The process here after is pretty simple . You don't have to pay any lawyer.
Next step in about a month or so they will ask applicant to submit background information form, medical and police clearance.
Sponsor will receive post mail at given address and applicant will receive email for the same.
Incase cic ask you to do something unusual, then you can always get lawyers help at that time when needed. For now just wait for cic to contact you.

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
jaycee4sweet said:
Hey guys I got an email for medical pcc new application updated forms and passport bio metric page with in 60 days but medical in 30 days. So m so happy and relieved dat it's moving now at least. I ll keep updating and Gud luck everyone.
Congratulations a little bit relief
Best of luck

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Thanks J.J every one for replying me. That is really very helpful. I do have question about the right of landing fee ,we did not ask to get it back when my husband's visa was refused ,now I don't remember about the receipt . Can I get the receipt from CIC and if yes I will I do that. If some one knows about it please help.

Thanks a lot.

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
Tina dhaliwal said:
Thanks J.J every one for replying me. That is really very helpful. I do have question about the right of landing fee ,we did not ask to get it back when my husband's visa was refused ,now I don't remember about the receipt . Can I get the receipt from CIC and if yes I will I do that. If some one knows about it please help.

Thanks a lot.

I had to re pay them the landing fee. I had proof that I paid it before but my lawyer told me it was returned to me. Which it wasn't. I paid it twice when I was waiting in 2012, by mistake and one fee was returned to me. I had receipts for both times I paid. At this point I didn't care and just wanted everything to be over. So I had to repay the fee again.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Hi everyone. Sorry to keep asking questions I just have a lot on my mind.
1) How common is it that the judge does not give an answer on the day of full hearing and you still win appeal?
2 ) What is the likelihood of the judge being on my side and allowing appeal if minister council said she does not believe it's genuine.? Minister council said this on full hearing day.
3) If the judge was on minister council side in not allowing appeal would she have most likely agreed and said no that day?
4) My lawyer submitted case laws at the end of the hearing of similar cases to mine that were won. Should this help?
I have been to visit my husband 5 times in 3 years should that not be enough to prove our love...?Like really!! I appreciate everyone and their feed back. Thanks so much. God bless .

Reactions: Ana Paula

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Tina dhaliwal said:
Thanks for replying PC0827 ,Can i know please how much is the right of landing fee,i don't even remember the amount we paid before.
Hi I think the landing fee is $490.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
NKT0817 said:
Hi everyone. Sorry to keep asking questions I just have a lot on my mind.
1) How common is it that the judge does not give an answer on the day of full hearing and you still win appeal?
2 ) What is the likelihood of the judge being on my side and allowing appeal if minister council said she does not believe it's genuine.? Minister council said this on full hearing day.
3) If the judge was on minister council side in not allowing appeal would she have most likely agreed and said no that day?
4) My lawyer submitted case laws at the end of the hearing of similar cases to mine that were won. Should this help?
I have been to visit my husband 5 times in 3 years should that not be enough to prove our love...?Like really!! I appreciate everyone and their feed back. Thanks so much. God bless .
Every case is different, and must be considered on its own merits. From other people's reports, unless it is very clear cut, it sounds like the judge (IAD member) may take as long as 60 days before rendering a decision. Here is an interesting read, with some interesting, but certainly not common, ways things can go sideways on you after the appeal hearing:

http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/immigration-appeal-rights-and-process/?p=2

"The IAD member may, at the end of the hearing, give you the decision orally. In most cases though, the IAD member will send you the decision and the reasons by mail at a later date ... If you are not happy with the decision, you may apply to the Federal Court for judicial review. However, you must first ask for the Court’s permission, and in most cases, the Court does not grant permission ... if you win at the IAD, the Minister’s Counsel may also try to challenge the decision at the Federal Court ... the applicant has to show that some legal errors had been made in the case. The Court will not let you win the case even though the judge may disagree with the initial decision."

Visiting your husband 5 times in 3 years doesn't really prove anything ... there are case where a marriage is deemed to be not genuine, despite the couple having a child together! Hopefully you had more evidence than just boarding passes and passport stamps.

It sounds like there is something about your case that is not that straightforward.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/12/17/couple-accused-of-having-fake-marriage-despite-their-child.html

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
wait_so_long said:
Every case is different, and must be considered on its own merits. From other people's reports, unless it is very clear cut, it sounds like the judge (IAD member) may take as long as 60 days before rendering a decision. Here is an interesting read, with some interesting, but certainly not common, ways things can go sideways on you after the appeal hearing:

http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/immigration-appeal-rights-and-process/?p=2

"The IAD member may, at the end of the hearing, give you the decision orally. In most cases though, the IAD member will send you the decision and the reasons by mail at a later date ... If you are not happy with the decision, you may apply to the Federal Court for judicial review. However, you must first ask for the Court’s permission, and in most cases, the Court does not grant permission ... if you win at the IAD, the Minister’s Counsel may also try to challenge the decision at the Federal Court ... the applicant has to show that some legal errors had been made in the case. The Court will not let you win the case even though the judge may disagree with the initial decision."

Visiting your husband 5 times in 3 years doesn't really prove anything ... there are case where a marriage is deemed to be not genuine, despite the couple having a child together! Hopefully you had more evidence than just boarding passes and passport stamps.

It sounds like there is something about your case that is not that straightforward.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/12/17/couple-accused-of-having-fake-marriage-despite-their-child.html
Thank you for your responce. Yes we have alot of evidence not just boarding passes and passport stamps. I was just a little stressed and wanted some answers from others. My lawyer does seem to be confident I guess it's for me just the fear of the unknown. Thanks again so much.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
NKT0817 said:
Thank you for your responce. Yes we have alot of evidence not just boarding passes and passport stamps. I was just a little stressed and wanted some answers from others. My lawyer does seem to be confident I guess it's for me just the fear of the unknown. Thanks again so much.
Your lawyer, who knows all the specifics about your situation and what evidence you had submitted, and have hopefully argued sucessfully in many appeal cases, would have a much better idea of your chances of success than any of us on this forum, who know nothing of your case. Hopefully you can find strength in your lawyer's confidence. The Minister's Counsel has seen it all as well, and the fact that the MC is still not convinced of your husband's intentions is a bit worrisome.

In a previous post, you had said that the adjudicator will have a decision made in about 90 days. So probably don't sweat it until you're closer to the 90 days. If they're taking longer, hopefully it means that they are carefully weighing the evidence and the arguements. Every case is different, and must be judged on its own merits.

If it came down to it, would you be willing to uproot your life and move to your husband's country to be with him? Is he open to that possibility as well?

Good luck.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
wait_so_long said:
Your lawyer, who knows all the specifics about your situation and what evidence you had submitted, and have hopefully argued sucessfully in many appeal cases, would have a much better idea of your chances of success than any of us on this forum, who know nothing of your case. Hopefully you can find strength in your lawyer's confidence. The Minister's Counsel has seen it all as well, and the fact that the MC is still not convinced of your husband's intentions is a bit worrisome.

In a previous post, you had said that the adjudicator will have a decision made in about 90 days. So probably don't sweat it until you're closer to the 90 days. If they're taking longer, hopefully it means that they are carefully weighing the evidence and the arguements. Every case is different, and must be judged on its own merits.

If it came down to it, would you be willing to uproot your life and move to your husband's country to be with him? Is he open to that possibility as well?

Good luck.
Yes if it came down to it i would move to his country. It would be alot to adjust to but I will move to be with him. Thanks again

M

mikeymyke

That's fine, but your husband also has to be open to that possibility as well.

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
Where is this application? Details Help
Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Help
A background check is needed Not started help Help
Final decision Not Started.

Hello guys I want to ask when they review my documents ?even it's emty nothing write it.i submitt all ducumects on 30 November,only medicle is update is pass.
Thx plz reply as soon as possible

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
hii guys....my hearing after 3 weeks ....my mom get tourist visa to canada to be as wetness on the court....is this gonna make any difference on the case????