habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone hear had their appeal (full hearing) by video conference? Due to unfortunate events had to postpone my original date which was with Minister's counsel in person in Toronto and now I'm to appear for hearing by video conference in Toronto with minister's counsel in Ottawa. I don't know if it's better or worse. Please anyone with experience let me know thanks.

appealsp

Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JYC said:
Just curious, did you hire a lawyer?

And from the forum members, any good recommandation of a good immigration lawyer in Toronto, thx!
I have hired IRCC consultant.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
habeeb said:
Has anyone hear had their appeal (full hearing) by video conference? Due to unfortunate events had to postpone my original date which was with Minister's counsel in person in Toronto and now I'm to appear for hearing by video conference in Toronto with minister's counsel in Ottawa. I don't know if it's better or worse. Please anyone with experience let me know thanks.
My ADR is being held in Halifax Nova Scotia by Teleconference Dec 20,2016 from Immigration office Montreal Quebec.
Will let you know how it goes

Reactions: Alicee

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
wait_so_long said:
What do you mean by cancel? Abandon your application before any kind of decision has been rendered by the visa office? Not proceeding with the appeal? Or abandoning the appeal?

If they haven't even reviewed your application yet, you are still allowed to send in additional evidence for them to consider.

I believe there has to be substantive changes in your circumstances before you re-apply, or the visa office won't even accept your application. Remember also, that they will still have your old application on file, and any inconsistencies with your new application will probably have to be explained.

This following article explains why you may want to think about re-applying vs appealing:

http://canadaimmigrationlawyers.ca/sponsorships/what-options-do-you-have-when-your-overseas-spousal-sponsorship-has-been-refused/

Going with the appeal process, it could take as long as three years, sometimes longer, before you get your visa, assuming the appeal is allowed.
Hi wait_so_long, I have seen you quoted from this site http://canadaimmigrationlawyers.ca a few times, just wondering if you have used them for your appeal?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
JYC said:
Hi wait_so_long, I have seen you quoted from this site http://canadaimmigrationlawyers.ca a few times, just wondering if you have used them for your appeal?
No, we have hired a local immigration lawyer to help us with our appeal. Just liked the simple way that the firm explains the options after your application has been refused, reasons for pursuing an appeal, and consequences of appealing or re-applying.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
JYC said:
Just curious, did you hire a lawyer?

And from the forum members, any good recommandation of a good immigration lawyer in Toronto, thx!
Patricia Wells is a good lawyer , you can search her on Google

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
wait_so_long said:
No, we have hired a local immigration lawyer to help us with our appeal. Just liked the simple way that the firm explains the options after your application has been refused, reasons for pursuing an appeal, and consequences of appealing or re-applying.
Thx wait_so_long, do you have any suggestion of immigration lawyer in Toronto?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
JYC said:
Thx wait_so_long, do you have any suggestion of immigration lawyer in Toronto?
No, I am afraid I don't, as I do not live in the Toronto area. It's better to have a lawyer in the area where your hearing will be held. Not only to save on travel costs, but so that you can have face-to-face meetings with them. You can tell a lot about a person by their body language. They also have the advantage of knowing the minister's counsels that work for CBSC in the area, and know which ones tend to be hard-a##es, and have some insight into the specific biases (both good and bad) of the minister's counsel, their favoured lines of questioning, etc.

Choosing a lawyer for your hearing is not the time to cheap out, as losing the appeal may potentially set you back a few years (e.g. we've lost 4 years of our lives together due to the decision of a single visa officer, 4 years that we'll never get back), and now you'll also have a lost appeal on your record, which may make future applications more difficult. That being said, I've also seen a lot of people on this forum that successfully represented themselves. So I guess it depends on how complex your case is, and probably on your organizational and social skills.

I wish you the best of luck, and success with your appeal.

Edited to add: Not intended to be an endorsement of any kind, but this poster hired a law firm from Toronto and seemed to be quite pleased with them, albeit before the hearing:

tony000 said:
We have sent in Notice of Appeal in July 2016 and waiting for BlueBook. I would recommend you Niren & Associates they are one of best law firm in Canada and award winning as well.. They also have flat rates, does not matter how difficult your case will be they wont cost you more . Currently our case is under Niren & Associates's supervsion. These Guys are very co-operative, not money Lovers, Understand that its not only Appeal but the matter of lives, fast and Efficient in replying to your queries.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
wait_so_long said:
No, I am afraid I don't, as I do not live in the Toronto area. It's better to have a lawyer in the area where your hearing will be held. Not only to save on travel costs, but so that you can have face-to-face meetings with them. You can tell a lot about a person by their body language. They also have the advantage of knowing the minister's counsels that work for CBSC in the area, and know which ones tend to be hard-a##es, and have some insight into their specific biases (both good and bad) of the minister's counsel, their favoured lines of questioning, etc.

Choosing a lawyer for your hearing is not the time to cheap out, as losing the appeal may potentially set you back a few years (e.g. we've lost 4 years of our lives together due to the decision of a single visa officer, 4 years that we'll never get back), and now you'll also have a lost appeal on your record, which may make future applications more difficult. That being said, I've also seen a lot of people on this forum that successfully represented themselves. So I guess it depends on how complex your case is, and probably on your organizational and social skills.

I wish you the best of luck, and success with your appeal.

Edited to add: Not intended to be an endorsement of any kind, but this poster hired a law firm from Toronto and seemed to be quite pleased with them, albeit before the hearing:
Thanks for your tips wait_so_long, I will keep that in mind.

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
Guys cnu naka experience na nawalanung 2,3,4 line sa Sponsorship Side sa ECAS ... eto nalang ang nakalagay dun

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxxxxxxx on October 11, 2016.

stressful

Aug 3, 2013
soblue3 said:
Hi all finally some good news..14 months after winning the appeal got ppr email this morning. and i just called the immigration information line 2 days ago and they told me that background checks are still being done and then application will be transferred to Paris. I am just overwhelmed. I have not been active on here the past month or two because i was just getting too depressed and thinking my husband will never get to come or that they will make us wait much longer for some unknown reason. Well i just wish all of you here that you will get your ppr soon.
I'm so happy to here your good news, Finally you will be seeing him soon, i'm in the-same situation as you. twelve months gone after Remedical and police check has been done i'm still waiting, thought i will be spending the Christmas together unfortunately i'm in the same position but i'm still hoping.

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
Any news for People waiting for PPR, I submitted all updated forms end of November,how we know they will receive my ducumects?. Anybody has idea when they will send passport request.Please advise.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Canada has asked for our Remedical, police clearance and other forms.
Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.

· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Help; do we email these, or letter post, and where we send in canada?

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Dhaksha said:
Guys i was refused on Aug 26th we appealed on sept 10th immediately in 15 days i got a letter to submit documents for them to decide so we sent documents related against our refusal to iad and minister councel they told minister councel wil write us back in 28 days now its more than 30 days we got our bluebook which again says submit doucuments. Pls help i dropped our lawyer also since he dint help us much
It was a week or more past the 30 calendar days when we got a response back.