New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
gsize said:
there are many. Best for you to call them and go with your gut feeling. They will all tell you how successful they are and gladly take your money.
I happen to speak with Roy Kellog, (416) 292 7295, he sounded good, but as of now, I didn't hire him, as I do not have any date so far.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
hello everyone,

today i finally was able to get hold of a person at the cic help line. i just wanted to ask them what is the processing time after the appeal. what they told me that since the decision was previously made and we were refused so now even though our appeal was allowed there is no maximum processing time. i just dont understand..does that mean we can wait forever? the person on the phone kept on telling me there is no processing time and if any more information is needed they will contact us. our appeal was in september..ottawa received our file early october. this is so hard and really after talking to this person today i feel little sad.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
soblue3 said:
hello everyone,

today i finally was able to get hold of a person at the cic help line. i just wanted to ask them what is the processing time after the appeal. what they told me that since the decision was previously made and we were refused so now even though our appeal was allowed there is no maximum processing time. i just dont understand..does that mean we can wait forever? the person on the phone kept on telling me there is no processing time and if any more information is needed they will contact us. our appeal was in september..ottawa received our file early october. this is so hard and really after talking to this person today i feel little sad.
Coincidentally, I just received an email from CIC today after submitting a Canada Case Specific Enquiry 10 days ago. Says the same thing:

"Please note that the processing times provided to you on our website are an approximation. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application."

I guess that is there new answer to our questions. gobbledygook!!

It sounds to me like the previous government left the system in complete disarray. Probably thousands of appeals in the queue .. because so many people were refused for the same stupid reason ... not genuine.

Now, the current government has overextended itself with the Syrian refugee issue ... to compound the issue.

I spoke with someone at the IAD and she said she had received a number of calls from people who had waited 6 months to even get the initial request for medical.

You are lucky ... Ottawa has not even received our file. Our ecas is still not back up.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
wintersnow said:
Coincidentally, I just received an email from CIC today after submitting a Canada Case Specific Enquiry 10 days ago. Says the same thing:

"Please note that the processing times provided to you on our website are an approximation. Currently, your file is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application."

I guess that is there new answer to our questions. gobbledygook!!

It sounds to me like the previous government left the system in complete disarray. Probably thousands of appeals in the queue .. because so many people were refused for the same stupid reason ... not genuine.

Now, the current government has overextended itself with the Syrian refugee issue ... to compound the issue.

I spoke with someone at the IAD and she said she had received a number of calls from people who had waited 6 months to even get the initial request for medical.

You are lucky ... Ottawa has not even received our file. Our ecas is still not back up.

I am really sorry ..i dont understand why Ottawa would still not have received your file. Even though, it does not seem to make a difference...they received our file early October...i feel kind of helpless now...there is nothing at all i can do. It feels we are at the mercy of a visa officer...probably not a different one than the one who refused us initially without even reading our application. So many people just waiting...while the new applications in Ottawa seem to be processed within couple of month even for some new applicants. I wish there was anybody who had the power to scrutinize what they are doing there in the visa offices. They are getting paid with our tax money..it is so unfair. It almost feels like we are being punished for having the appeal allowed and there is not much we can do about it.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
soblue3 said:
I am really sorry ..i dont understand why Ottawa would still not have received your file. Even though, it does not seem to make a difference...they received our file early October...i feel kind of helpless now...there is nothing at all i can do. It feels we are at the mercy of a visa officer...probably not a different one than the one who refused us initially without even reading our application. So many people just waiting...while the new applications in Ottawa seem to be processed within couple of month even for some new applicants. I wish there was anybody who had the power to scrutinize what they are doing there in the visa offices. They are getting paid with our tax money..it is so unfair. It almost feels like we are being punished for having the appeal allowed and there is not much we can do about it.
soblue ... don't despair. I don't think it is a conspiracy.

It is just the usual government bureaucracy. Governments have no good processes. They are notorious for being inefficient.

What I don't understand is why we even have to wait at all. I mean, the sponsor qualified when the application was submitted. The applicant passed the medical and police check. The reason for the refusal was rejected. Just give us the visa!!

On the bright side, my consultant has told me that a different VO will continue processing the file.

tofan-ram

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
Aug, 2011
LANDED..........
in my wild dream :)
SV670 said:
I happen to speak with Roy Kellog, (416) 292 7295, he sounded good, but as of now, I didn't hire him, as I do not have any date so far.

Thanks

tofan-ram

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
Aug, 2011
LANDED..........
in my wild dream :)
Does anyone know where to send documents for the purpose of hearing and how many copies do i need.

Many thanks in advance!

atobiju

May 12, 2016
I applied to sponsor my husband i live in Canada application was transfered to Ghana last year May i got an email refusing my husband on the grounds that a letter was sent to him in Nigeria in Sept 2015 asking him to clarify some concerns the said letter was not received by either of us the application was then refused according to them that the marriage is not geniue i was told i can appeal and the forms were sent to me.

My question is do i attach picture and other evidence of our relationship to this appeal form or do i just fill it out and send it as i have 30 days i already sent an email to them asking them to send the said letter but i don't know when they will respond pls help!!!

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
atobiju said:
I applied to sponsor my husband i live in Canada application was transfered to Ghana last year May i got an email refusing my husband on the grounds that a letter was sent to him in Nigeria in Sept 2015 asking him to clarify some concerns the said letter was not received by either of us the application was then refused according to them that the marriage is not geniue i was told i can appeal and the forms were sent to me.

My question is do i attach picture and other evidence of our relationship to this appeal form or do i just fill it out and send it as i have 30 days i already sent an email to them asking them to send the said letter but i don't know when they will respond pls help!!!
you dont need to attach nothing right now..you will have to do that later. right now just fill out the letter and send whatever they ask for to them. later, once you receive your blue book and once they give you the date for the hearing, they will send you a letter which gives further instructions but that will be in a few months.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Guys I have Rec GCMS Notes after more than 60 days of my Interview (March, 09, 2016).. I also Ordered Notes back in Jan 2016 Before My Interview as well , In both notes I found alot of Difference ...

Notes Before Interview ;

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibilty : In Progress
Securtiy :
HIV :
Criminality : Pass
Organised Crime :
Medical : Passed (Expired)

The Notes I Ordered after interview to See if I have Passed interview or not . I found thr is NO ANY ASSESSMENTS , i could not find anything on Notes about if I have passed interview , In notes I did not find a single thing about my Interview, I found

Application Assignment
Assigned to : EM0094
Assigned by : RO0316
Due date : 2016/03/18

that means some body work on my file on 03/18/2016 after my interview ... My question if some body work on file after interview and before I ordered Note , why Notes does not tell anything about My interview ? All I know is Some body look into file and now it is undergoing background checks since last 2 months .

Pls share you thoughts

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
That's really weird... the latest edition must have all the info from the previous one. Are you sure you went through all (whatever) pages? And how many pages in both versions, BTW? Did you order notes directly from CIC or through someone else?
The information is never deleted from the notes, there is simply no way to do so in their system. It can only added. I.e., in addition to "Eligibilty - In Progress" record there must be one more (if they made up their mind): "Eligibility - Passed" (or "Not Passed"... but hopefully this is not your case). And full interview trascript must be there as well (how accurate - this is a different story). ususally close to the end, last few pages.
"Assingnment" simply means that you application is reassingned to another officer for further processing. This doesn't matter much.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Vlil said:
That's really weird... the latest edition must have all the info from the previous one. Are you sure you went through all (whatever) pages? And how many pages in both versions, BTW? Did you order notes directly from CIC or through someone else?
The information is never deleted from the notes, there is simply no way to do so in their system. It can only added. I.e., in addition to "Eligibilty - In Progress" record there must be one more (if they made up their mind): "Eligibility - Passed" (or "Not Passed"... but hopefully this is not your case). And full interview trascript must be there as well (how accurate - this is a different story). ususally close to the end, last few pages.
"Assingnment" simply means that you application is reassingned to another officer for further processing. This doesn't matter much.
Vlil that's Really Werid I agree . I went to All the pages .. in Previous version thr were 37 pages and this time it is only 23 pages . I ordered Noted Direct From CIC . You know what In these notes even the Word Eligibility is not thr .. I m worry what does that means..

some body work on my File after My interview and My file is now undergoing Background , I know about i sent Enquiry and found that my file is undergoing background checks, May be the officer who work on my File after interview Pass My Eligibility and request for Background checks .. ( just a thought )

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
I can only suggest to email ATIP and ask them - WTF? Not in these words, of course... ::) It simply cannot be like this, or at least requires some explanation. New version cannot be shorter than a previous one.
Unless they changed the system, and information now can be deleted... which I really doubt.

xuande

May 14, 2016
Got my ADR on may 11, it was a success!
but make sure that you guys bring your passport and some identification card with you.

ADR on toronto
74 Victoria Street
Ontario M5C 3C7