February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
taj p said:
hi ,
what does this mean??

The file is awaiting the initiation of the assessment of eligibly, security & criminality verifications.
I think this means that they are doing background and security checks right now and is waiting for the results to come back to the visa officer that is dealing with your file......

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
client2014 said:
thanks for helping... Maddants when they will inform that they have got appeal notice with package.. our lawyer did fax and sent through coriour at 5 February 2016 ...we sent we few chat and emails with my in laws with appeal of Notice..now we will give them more proofs like pix with relatives...etc
Ok... the lawyer did not have to send in any evidence with the appeal application. But do what you have to do and collect as much evidence as possible. Try to go and visit your spouse also if you can before the appeal hearing showing that you are still visiting your spouse and extended family.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
In January 2016 there were complication with the pregnancy and we lost our baby. The stress of this situation is unbearable for me here in Canada and my wife in Pakistan. I have been informed that hearing dates take two years in Toronto . Is there any way I can get early hearing dates.

Any help and advise will be appreciated from members.

Thanks in advance

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
neepk said:
In January 2016 there were complication with the pregnancy and we lost our baby. The stress of this situation is unbearable for me here in Canada and my wife in Pakistan. I have been informed that hearing dates take two years in Toronto . Is there any way I can get early hearing dates.

Any help and advise will be appreciated from members.

Thanks in advance
It took me 2 years to get an appeal date in Toronto. They might give you an earlier date if your case does not need a full day hearing like mine did.

Hopefully you can get an earlier date. Just keep calling them and see what they can do.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
yes Maddants,my husband will visit me soon...now we will give them more proof

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
client2014 said:
yes Maddants,my husband will visit me soon...now we will give them more proof
yes that good my friend..... that will help you out alot for sure

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Maddants said:
Hey ajarupan.... How can the immigration ask for a police record from a certain date... That dont sound right at all. When you get the request for police record. They should not have a specific date on there when you should get it at all. So if i was you i would not worry about it because the day you go and get it should not matter as long as they requested it and you did not wait until the time they gave you to send it in expired or the police record itself expired...... Can you post the letter you got from the embassy on requesting your documents..

Hi Maddants,

This is the questions they asked me.

HUSBAND's file

> IMM 0008 Application: A newly completed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with updated information.

> Schedule A: Newly and properly completed schedule A form (Background Declaration form - IMM 5669) for yourself with updated information. Please note that we require complete information since 18 years of age to present, without any period of gaps. (ie, from 1998/07 to present without any period of gaps). All questions in this form should be answered. Please note, your Schedule A form will not be accepted, if gaps found for the entire period we have requested.

> Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures.

> Travel History Info Form: Newly completed IMM 5562 form for yourself. (Your travel info form). Please visit the following link to get the above forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/

> Police Certificate: Updated Sri Lankan police clearance certificate for you which covers the period from 11/07/2013 to present.

> Communication, proof: Current proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor.

> Client Information: Current e-mail address of you for communication.

MY FILE

> Employment records: An original and recent letter of employment indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.

> Notice of Assessment: A latest copy of the Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of tax Assessment.

> Funds, proof: Current bank statement printouts for the last three months.

> Client Information: Proof of travel to Sri Lanka since you left Canada after your marriage.

This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/27

I don't know why they asking us so many questions.

linapp123

Jul 20, 2015
How long does it take to receive the letter after hearing? We had a hearing on January 12. The dudge said the decision would be made within one month. But by now, no further information. Thank you all!

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
linapp123 said:
How long does it take to receive the letter after hearing? We had a hearing on January 12. The dudge said the decision would be made within one month. But by now, no further information. Thank you all!
Hey linapp123 how are you doing. You can wait up to 3 months for a decision for your appeal. So just pray that the judge is on your side and allowed your appeal. I hope this help

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ajarupan said:
Hi Maddants,

This is the questions they asked me.

HUSBAND's file

> IMM 0008 Application: A newly completed Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with updated information.

> Schedule A: Newly and properly completed schedule A form (Background Declaration form - IMM 5669) for yourself with updated information. Please note that we require complete information since 18 years of age to present, without any period of gaps. (ie, from 1998/07 to present without any period of gaps). All questions in this form should be answered. Please note, your Schedule A form will not be accepted, if gaps found for the entire period we have requested.

> Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures.

> Travel History Info Form: Newly completed IMM 5562 form for yourself. (Your travel info form). Please visit the following link to get the above forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/

> Police Certificate: Updated Sri Lankan police clearance certificate for you which covers the period from 11/07/2013 to present.

> Communication, proof: Current proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor.

> Client Information: Current e-mail address of you for communication.

MY FILE

> Employment records: An original and recent letter of employment indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.

> Notice of Assessment: A latest copy of the Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of tax Assessment.

> Funds, proof: Current bank statement printouts for the last three months.

> Client Information: Proof of travel to Sri Lanka since you left Canada after your marriage.

This must be received at this office by: 2016/02/27

I don't know why they asking us so many questions.
Hey ajarupan thank you for sharing the letter you got requesting more documents..... You see the time they asking for your police record is from your last police record your submitted back in 2013. so the record you sent them now should be ok because it should show that you have not got into any trouble at all since your last police record........ Just like what i said before just send in every thing they ask for even if they already have it in there possession already...

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Maddants said:
Hey ajarupan thank you for sharing the letter you got requesting more documents..... You see the time they asking for your police record is from your last police record your submitted back in 2013. so the record you sent them now should be ok because it should show that you have not got into any trouble at all since your last police record........ Just like what i said before just send in every thing they ask for even if they already have it in there possession already...
Thank you Maddants. Looks likes you know everything after the appeal. :D Your advise made me feel good after all.. I was worried. Thanks.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Hi ajarupan,
I really, really hope I'm wrong... but the documents they requested from you - for me this list indicates that they are looking for another ground for refusal. Like "you did not prove that you're going to reside in Canada after your husband's PR approved."
I don't know where you live now. If you are currently living in Canada, this is not a problem at all. just send them what they requested. But in case you don't, be very careful and submit as much proof of your residential ties in Canada as possible.
I am paranoid, I know. But sometimes this helps. :D
Again - I really hope I'm wrong, and all this is just a routine check.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ajarupan said:
Thank you Maddants. Looks likes you know everything after the appeal. :D Your advise made me feel good after all.. I was worried. Thanks.
You are welcome ajarupan.. I sure dont know everything because im still learning as i go on. You see when i got the letter from Ottawa they ask for things that we have already done from back when we first applied for sponsorship.... When my wife call cic they told her that is just a general letter they sent to her and we should just send in what we have... So im saying that this would be the same thing for you. It a general email requesting documents and if you have it just send it. Dont worry about it too much my friend.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Vlil said:
Hi ajarupan,
I really, really hope I'm wrong... but the documents they requested from you - for me this list indicates that they are looking for another ground for refusal. Like "you did not prove that you're going to reside in Canada after your husband's PR approved."
I don't know where you live now. If you are currently living in Canada, this is not a problem at all. just send them what they requested. But in case you don't, be very careful and submit as much proof of your residential ties in Canada as possible.
I am paranoid, I know. But sometimes this helps. :D
Again - I really hope I'm wrong, and all this is just a routine check.
Vlil how are you doing. I dont think it is an indication that they are looking to turn him down again at all. Every visa office have some different types of generic emails or letter that they send to ppl requesting documents. So the only thing could mess them up would be if her fill out his updated forms and he change something on his application that was not on the original then they would want to question it and that could be time consuming.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
WaitingSince2012 said:
It took me 2 years to get an appeal date in Toronto. They might give you an earlier date if your case does not need a full day hearing like mine did.

Hopefully you can get an earlier date. Just keep calling them and see what they can do.

Thank you Waitingsince2012. I called hundred times but the person who is assigned to my file does not want to answer the phone and receptionist does not tell you any thing.