Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Does anyone know a good courier service that can deliver to Srilanka from Canada in 4-5 days? I need to send the documents before it's too late. I only have 2 weeks left.

Splinterz420

Jan 28, 2015
Vlil said:
Congratulations, it's a big move! I'm waiting for my scheduling conference on March 1. May I ask if anything at all was mentioned, except setting the hearing date? And did they say anything about personalities, who will be hearing you appeal from IAD, and CBSA lawyer?
No mostly talked about things I already knew. That I will need 2 calling cards with 1 hour each, if my spouse is not present. Any new docs must be submitted to both IAD and CBSA. Spouse is not aloud to hear any of my testimony which is why you want to be on the same page as per Maddants comment. Want a Table of Contents and a Cover Letter on those new docs being submitted. All I wanted after that bs half hour talk was the appeal date. I am not afraid and I am ready, followed all of the rules and nothing is fake about us together...

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ajarupan said:
Does anyone know a good courier service that can deliver to Srilanka from Canada in 4-5 days? I need to send the documents before it's too late. I only have 2 weeks left.
Hey ajarupan, Check out to see if the have fedex or dhl there....Those are the best to ship something with that will get your package in canada within 3-5 days....I hope that help

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Karan751 said:
THX FOR REPLY
BUT I AM LIVING IN INDIA AND JUST COZ OF BAD IMMIGRATION OFFICER I HAD TO STAY AWAY FROM MY SON .
HE IS 4 NOW.
I HOPE THEY SENT ME PASSPORT REQ SOON.
I understand what you are saying but you cant look at the bad side of things because what if you would of gone to canada from back then and something tragic would have happen to you... then what.... It was not your time to go to canada when you first apply. God is working all the time and god see something that we have not see. So just stay humble and think of the positive things of your life... You will soon reunite with your family.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Splinterz420, thanks a lot. Yes, sounds like nothing new... and like they think of themselves as of no less than the Supreme Court of Justice. 8) :D

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Karan751 said:
THX FOR REPLY
BUT I AM LIVING IN INDIA AND JUST COZ OF BAD IMMIGRATION OFFICER I HAD TO STAY AWAY FROM MY SON .
HE IS 4 NOW.
I HOPE THEY SENT ME PASSPORT REQ SOON.
I can totally relate to your situation. My son is 3 years 4 months and my husband barely had any time with him except for when we visited on vacations. It is very hard to stay away from your child but know that you will be here for him when he needs you the most. Just hang in there and have patience. It is not an easy process but it will all be over soon. Take care and goodluck. We are all in the same boat. I am hoping for passport request for my husband soon too. Its already 4 years since he has been away.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
olorvi said:
@wintersnow

I am in Newmarket Ontario, and I have already emailed my MP's office with all the details as well as the immigration office, and the PM too.

I have also spoken with a lawyer and will most certainly be appealing whatever decision this heartless monster comes to. She thinks she can just run an interview this way and it is ok to do it, well I do not and I want my husband with me. I realize they have a job to do, but this so called interview was more then absurd, and the woman should not hold such a job when she conducts interviews this way.

I am still waiting for the email to be sent from them, with the decision, even though I know what it is......this decision was made way before my husband even entered the building. I guess she will take as long as she pleases to send us that too.

I just can't believe that someone can be that nasty and have no compassion at all for the separation we are forced to endure.

and to think you pay money to go through this biased process and wait for months and months, then you finally hear something from them!

only to be told a bunch of nonsense and to be looked at like you are nothing but liars and cheats only because she thinks this not because of proof of it.
Most people on here were refused because of heartless case officers. We can feel your pain as well.
Don't worry your hearing will be in Canada and if you win (and I hope to god you do) there is nothing the VO in Ghana can do to overturn the judge's decision here. What ever decision the judge made here is what stands. Once you get the blue book go over everything and make notes on all the points you that you disagree with and go over everything with your husband. Make sure you guys are on the same page. Everything will work out for you. Goodluck.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
any one from Pakistan whose application refused and they applied for appeal??????please tell after submitting appeal what will happen???how much time I will have to wait for reply

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
WaitingSince2012 said:
Most people on here were refused because of heartless case officers. We can feel your pain as well.
Don't worry your hearing will be in Canada and if you win (and I hope to god you do) there is nothing the VO in Ghana can do to overturn the judge's decision here. What ever decision the judge made here is what stands. Once you get the blue book go over everything and make notes on all the points you that you disagree with and go over everything with your husband. Make sure you guys are on the same page. Everything will work out for you. Goodluck.
Some of what you stated is incorrect. A visa officer can still refuse after successful appeal as long as they refuse on a different matter and not the one addressed under appeal and initial reason for refusal.

Let's say an application is refused because the office doubts the relationship, so an appeal can be filed to prove the relationship is genuine. Appeal can be allowed and won on this basis at which time file goes back to the visa office for processing. At this stage the visa officer can still reject the application on another matter, let's say on misrepresentation they find. This can go on and on.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
jomz said:
Some of what you stated is incorrect. A visa officer can still refuse after successful appeal as long as they refuse on a different matter and not the one addressed under appeal and initial reason for refusal.

Let's say an application is refused because the office doubts the relationship, so an appeal can be filed to prove the relationship is genuine. Appeal can be allowed and won on this basis at which time file goes back to the visa office for processing. At this stage the visa officer can still reject the application on another matter, let's say on misrepresentation they find. This can go on and on.
Well I would think what ever ground they refuse it on is the very same grounds you will be appealing on. So I can't see why they would find something else that was not originally stated to refuse your application again.

I am aware they can still refuse your application once you won the appeal but I think that's for extreme cases.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
WaitingSince2012 said:
Well I would think what ever ground they refuse it on is the very same grounds you will be appealing on. So I can't see why they would find something else that was not originally stated to refuse your application again.

I am aware they can still refuse your application once you won the appeal but I think that's for extreme cases.
In the OPs statement, the officer said they will never grant the applicant a visa even if they appeal. I think the officer is taking it to the extreme. If the OPs appeal is allowed I would try to somehow get the reprocessing done in another visa office.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
jomz said:
In the OPs statement, the officer said they will never grant the applicant a visa even if they appeal. I think the officer is taking it to the extreme. If the OPs appeal is allowed I would try to somehow get the reprocessing done in another visa office.
Yea good idea, but sometimes it is difficult especially if there is only one visa office that deals with your country. It seems more of the officer being the issue rather than the application. I hope after the appeal the file goes back to a different officer for processing.

When my husband went for his interview, the VO told him that she had no doubt about our marriage/relationship, that she can tell it is a genuine marriage (I visited him 5 times plus I was there for the interview and we have a son who was also there as well). Yet when we receive the decision she said she did not believe it was a genuine marriage and that it was entered primarily for immigration purpose. Some of the VO can be quite unsympathetic almost seems like they are out to get you lol.

Riplevis

Sep 19, 2015
To ajarupan from gango is waitinging

Hi Ajarupan, gango asked me to give this message to you as she could not log in she said me to tell you to use FEDEX service to send your package to SriLanka

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
client2014 said:
any one from Pakistan whose application refused and they applied for appeal??????please tell after submitting appeal what will happen???how much time I will have to wait for reply
Why they refuse your application , what was the reason , and what they ask you during your interview ,
dont mind telling us

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
I know its all under god will.
Have ur husbands medicals done if yes how long.
For our case we r in 6 th month after medical.
Our visa officer refused our case saying tht i am more educated than me wife and y u filled ur file so quick after marriage.
Bullshit officers.took our precious 5 years