AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
We have an appeal coming up in 3 weeks. I am very nervous. Our lawyer said that our file did not miss nothing and the only reason they refused us was because i am older than him. Well this waiting is not easy but i am happy for all of you who have won the appeal already. i wish we were there but i am scared. Who knows how that will go.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
soblue3 said:
We have an appeal coming up in 3 weeks. I am very nervous. Our lawyer said that our file did not miss nothing and the only reason they refused us was because i am older than him. Well this waiting is not easy but i am happy for all of you who have won the appeal already. i wish we were there but i am scared. Who knows how that will go.
Hi soblue, my husband is going to attend the ADR in Vancouver on the 10th, Sep at 10:30am, i wonder when is yours, and in which city? our refusal big reason is he is much older than me, but we have been living together over 4 yrs. I saw some of us didn't make the adr pass, i feel so sorry and also worried. right now, we are both living in China, my homecountry, and on the 6th, sep, we will fly from hongkong to seattle, he will go to vancouver from seattle to attend the adr hering, then he will come back to seattle with his car, we plan to have a 2-week, US west coast road trip together as our honeymoon. Really hope adr will pass (i have this hope for everyone here), and if not, we will try our best not to let the immigrition thing spoil our trip.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
AnnieDonald said:
Hi soblue, my husband is going to attend the ADR in Vancouver on the 10th, Sep at 10:30am, i wonder when is yours, and in which city? our refusal big reason is he is much older than me, but we have been living together over 4 yrs. I saw some of us didn't make the adr pass, i feel so sorry and also worried. right now, we are both living in China, my homecountry, and on the 6th, sep, we will fly from hongkong to seattle, he will go to vancouver from seattle to attend the adr hering, then he will come back to seattle with his car, we plan to have a 2-week, US west coast road trip together as our honeymoon. Really hope adr will pass (i have this hope for everyone here), and if not, we will try our best not to let the immigrition thing spoil our trip.
How much older than you (if you don't mind me asking).

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Oa said:
Hi Lenchik I think there is something really wrong with this scenerio. You should demand answer from your mp they are suppose to intervene if the case is taking so long after appeal. Go with your daughter every other day to his office and tell him or her that you need answer on your file, not that it's in process but a actual update. The other thing is to contact Toronto star.
Hi.
First of all i dont have time to go to the office every other day. I have a 2 yr old plus have full time job.
second they told me that their time range is 6 to 16 months.
MP and lawyer told me that immigration can do whatever they want so no point of demanding something.

I just soo tiered of all this. I love Canada but Immigration system is sucks big time.

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Lenchik said:
Hi.
First of all i dont have time to go to the office every other day. I have a 2 yr old plus have full time job.
second they told me that their time range is 6 to 16 months.
MP and lawyer told me that immigration can do whatever they want so no point of demanding something.

I just soo tiered of all this. I love Canada but Immigration system is sucks big time.
Hi Lenchik, your 16 month are very near too. Hopefully it happens for you and your within next couple of months. I never thought or heard that it takes so long after winning appeal. In last couple of years I think it's three or four cases that have taken this long on this forum. Anyway I hope and pray for you that you and your daughter get reunited with your spouse soon. Take care.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:
hi wintersnow, its okay to ask, my husband was born in 1948, and i was born 1987, so, lets say, 39 yrs older.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
AnnieDonald said:
hi wintersnow, its okay to ask, my husband was born in 1948, and i was born 1987, so, lets say, 39 yrs older.
Read this case in CANLII (case 96630 if the link does not work).

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2013/2013canlii96630/2013canlii96630.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQBB7a-A7bCc7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCW7a-A7bCT7a-A7bCc7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCW7a-A7bCTOTY2MzAAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

The judge in this case was very good.

You say you have lived with each other for 4 years. You need to prove to them you are not just room mates (for instance). You only have an hour at the ADR to prove to the MC that your relationship is genuine. As in my case, I am pretty sure he/she has already decided it isn't. Unfortunately, in my case, she left it to the last minute to ask me the one question she was concerned about. I answered and she did not ask for me to elaborate on why I thought my wife was not taking advantage of me. You must elaborate.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2013/2013canlii96630/2013canlii96630.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQBB7a-A7bCc7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCW7a-A7bCT7a-A7bCc7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCZ7a-A7bCW7a-A7bCTOTY2MzAAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

You say you have lived with each other for 4 years. You need to prove to them you are not just room mates (for instance). You only have an hour at the ADR to prove to the MC that your relationship is genuine. As in my case, I am pretty sure he/she has already decided it isn't. Unfortunately, in my case, she left it to the last minute to ask me the one question she was concerned about. I answered and she did not ask for me to elaborate on why I thought my wife was not taking advantage of me. You must elaborate.
hi wintersnow, thank you very much for this input, i will tell my husband to pay attention on this issue. Best wishes.

M

mikeymyke

wintersnow said:
That worries me a bit. Although, for us, the main reason isn't language. They don't trust her motives. She understands me with simple sentences, but I don't think she could answer questions from the MC. We communicate very well, using a video application with a built in translator. And when we are physically together we seem to understand each other better ... but we do use translation software on our cell phones.

We have a full hearing in November, I wonder if we should postpone it until she can get some language course.
Hi wintersnow, I've been following your case closely. I'm sorry about what you and your wife had to go through. Although it is a bit of a red flag to go on a dating site to look exclusively for foreigners, I feel that your wife's explanation for that was more than adequate, as in most Asian countries it is a huge social stigma to be a single mom.

I don't think it's necessary for your wife to get some language course, unless you both have huge difficulties communicating beyond simple sentences.

Are you guys able to talk (without translation software) to each other about things such as what you want to do in the future, what is your opinion/view on _____, etc, in other words, more complex topics?

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
wintersnow said:

The judge in this case was very good

Hi wintersnow, he indeed is very nice judge, the best.

Wife0210

Aug 19, 2015
Hello. My time line is
April 2012 apply for sporship outside Canada
Jun 2012 my husband was approve to be my sponsor
Feb 2013 I had the interview and they denied
March 2013 we get the letter
March 2013 we appeal
July 2015 we had full hearing appeal.

The judge did not make the decision inmediatly and the lawyer says we have to wait between 1 to 3 months to get the decision letter. Can someone please tell me about your experience and how long have to wait for the decision.
Thanks.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
mikeymyke said:
Hi wintersnow, I've been following your case closely. I'm sorry about what you and your wife had to go through. Although it is a bit of a red flag to go on a dating site to look exclusively for foreigners, I feel that your wife's explanation for that was more than adequate, as in most Asian countries it is a huge social stigma to be a single mom.

I don't think it's necessary for your wife to get some language course, unless you both have huge difficulties communicating beyond simple sentences.

Are you guys able to talk (without translation software) to each other about things such as what you want to do in the future, what is your opinion/view on _____, etc, in other words, more complex topics?
To be honest, the translation software has been so effective we haven't really tried to speak in English all that often. I have asked my lawyer to "test" her English and we will make an effort to not use the software from now on.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:

hi wintersnow and everyone, the following is the input from my husband, i wonder, in your opinion, how is it? thank you very much.
Genuineness of marriage

how the relationship developed;

gradually, over time

the intent of the parties to the marriage;

to live together as husband and wife in a legal, emotional and physical relationship

the length of the relationship;

Since December 2009

the amount of time spent together;

by far and away the majority of the time since December 2009

conduct at the time of meeting, at the time of an engagement and/or the wedding;

meeting – cordial and professional

engagement – a bit of an unusual situation, I think; about when I began divorce proceedings

wedding – shared the celebratory evening with friends in Zhengzhou, Henan

honeymoon – hoped to share some time in Canada, exploring and camping. UNFORTUNATELY Canada would not grant Xianghua a visa, so we can ONLY go exploring and camping in the States around the time of this hearing. As we speak, Xianghua is waiting for me in Seattle.

behaviour subsequent to a wedding;

living as husband and wife, because Xiang Hua works, I do much of the housework but not all. Share a lot of this(housework) also. I clean up in the kitchen, make breakfast every day, often we share doing the laundry. I sweep, mop, fix things ( toilet, rice cooker,…) help with organization (scrounge shower curtain rings, bend scrounged wire to make hooks, sew loops on wash cloths for hanging, maintained bicycles, fix umbrellas, sharpen knives, scrounge small magnets from earbuds to hang metal spoons, knife, bottle opener), clean scrounged pots, pans shelves, coffee table, cutting boards, luggage…,

the level of knowledge of each other’s relationship histories;

this is Xiang Hua’s first relationship, and my past relationships are known to her but I don’t say a lot. I want to live in the now, not the past and that is what I feel when I discuss the past. Let it go, look to the future is what I think.

levels of continuing contact and communication;

auditory -VERY FREQUENT, direct speech, body language, skype, e-mail, messaging, pictures, WeChat

tactile – holding hands, kissing, giving massage, squeezing zits, braiding hair, SEX

visual – complete body scan – false nipples, scar in crotch, top front of scalp

olfaction – our pheromones excite each other

emotional – I supported Xianghua when she had to return to her hometown to help

the palliative care her mother needed. She helps me to laugh, see the funny side of life and cope with some of the difficulties one meets living in China.

the provision of financial support;

initially – none, a bit change began our first time in Shenzhen and I began a plan to give her a degree of financial security by giving a significant portion of my salary because I had no need and I wanted to be helpful and supportive. This year we are purchasing a home in China for use by her family or as a safety net for Xianghua, with intention to buy a house in Canada. So, presently Xianghua is providing for our daily living expenses and accommodation and I am contributing to the new house fund.

the knowledge of and sharing of responsibility for the care of children brought into the marriage; no children brought in and none in the process yet. We are presently working on combining DNA

the knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties;

extensive visits by her family to Shenzhen – one nephew, a sister with her son and daughter, another sister and parents (who lived with us for about 4 months with no problems or conflicts, they all have been very friendly, her dad tried valiantly to give me some education about political divisions in China and her mom was so good about cooking and cleaning)

my kids (30&32 years old) are busy working and don’t have the time nor the finances to come over. I was hoping to be driving over to Duluth so my son could come down from Thunder Bay, but right now he is attending police college and our planned meeting won’t happen this time.

level of knowledge about each other’s daily lives.

Pretty high, I frequently walk her to work, when time permits I meet her after work, we sometimes have lunch together Monday to Friday. If I have been working in the evening, she will have some supper ready for me. Sometimes she lets me prepare enough breakfast for her too but, honestly she never liked the oatmeal but with the addition of yogurt, her attitude has changed. She doesn’t snore, likes to sleep on the side of the bed away from the wall, likes to have a cover on and sleeps in the buff, brushes her teeth twice a day and prefers to take a shower in the morning. I think she teases kitty a little too often, but she always treats our cat well, after all I don’t bother with the fleas but Xianghua is very good at paying attention to them, hunting them down and killing them.

Ultimately – Xianghua has never fantasized about going to Canada. I tried to motivate her to go on line and learn the material for her beginner’s driver’s licence, but to little avail. Nothing in the years that we have been together have ever hinted that she is in this relationship to get a free pass to Canada. Quite the contrary, she does express concerns about dealing with the cold. Can I read people? After being a teacher for more than 35 years I think I can do a pretty good job.I sincerely believe this is a true marriage we share.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
wintersnow said:
hi wintersnow,
mine is also in vancouver but ours is not the adr but a full hearing. they question the genuity of our marriage so they need to interview him. ours is also in early september. well i wish you good luck with yours...i am a bunch of nerves...i wish we also had an adr but no such luck. well this waiting is horrible and i pray we all get through this with flying colors.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Hi everyone.

I just had my full hearing today, August 19, 2015. The officer was very rude. She told that my husband is inadmissible to Canada. And I hired my lawyer, he gave so many good proves. The officer wasn't nice. She tries to dig all mistakes she can. Now I am worried. Judge told to wait for decision letter. Now what is going to happen? Does anyone have any idea? I don't know what hell going to happen. I feel sick thinking about this. Since it's a misinterpretation, my husband can't put new application for another 5 years. :(

How long usually takes for decision for IAD? Anyone have any idea?