+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

HAMADA_EGYPT

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Mrs Selim said:
YAY good luck Hamada and also for your sweet wife she all ready told me about your appeal date I am soooo happy for the two of you...
Thanks A lot Des
I know it was a long wait , since we heard from them
I hope u reunite with ur husband too
he should start packing lol

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:
Hi MrsTrejo,

I read your story. I was wondering ... why did you wait 2 years before sponsoring your husband? Also, you say your husband cannot work because he is married to a Canadian. Was he unable to work for the 2 years before you sponsored him?
Hi Wintersnow, since we have about the same timeline, I wonder have you heard anything from Appeal Division yet about your hearing date ? For us, nothing yet. We called last week, and was told nothing arranged yet. Thank you.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
AnnieDonald said:
Hi Wintersnow, since we have about the same timeline, I wonder have you heard anything from Appeal Division yet about your hearing date ? For us, nothing yet. We called last week, and was told nothing arranged yet. Thank you.
No I haven't heard anything from them. I received the blue book in late March.

Vincygirl

Feb 15, 2015
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2013
Doc's Request.
13/02/2014
Med's Done....
07/03/2015
Interview........
04/04/2014
Passport Req..
10/08/2015
LANDED..........
21/10/2015
hey guys!

we had a successful ADR in november 2014, file was sent to ottawa. i received a request for medical and RPRF in February. Does anyone know how long before PPR?

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
wintersnow said:
Hi MrsTrejo,

I read your story. I was wondering ... why did you wait 2 years before sponsoring your husband? Also, you say your husband cannot work because he is married to a Canadian. Was he unable to work for the 2 years before you sponsored him?
We waited 2 years to put in the sponsorship because - to put it frankly - what happened with my friend when she brought her husband to Canada and how he took off moments later scared me. My husband understood that, he wasn't pleased with my decision of waiting because he wanted to be with me to help ease my worries and stress, but he did. Of course I wanted to be with my husband more than anything, but I think having a marriage fraud happen so close to home really effected my mind at that time. I felt that if we waited more time, it would help show immigrations that our relationship was genuine and that my husband was not using me just to get to Canada as fast as possible, since we got "married so quickly".

Yes he was unable to work in his profession while being married to me. Firstly because I travel to Cuba every 3 months for 2 weeks to a month, and as a professor he cannot take that time off. Second because I am a Canadian. Because of the communist government there, even if he could find a job no one would hire him because they wouldn't want to be in trouble with the government. It's a sticky situation there when being married to a foreigner.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
MrsTrejo said:
We waited 2 years to put in the sponsorship because - to put it frankly - what happened with my friend when she brought her husband to Canada and how he took off moments later scared me. My husband understood that, he wasn't pleased with my decision of waiting because he wanted to be with me to help ease my worries and stress, but he did. Of course I wanted to be with my husband more than anything, but I think having a marriage fraud happen so close to home really effected my mind at that time. I felt that if we waited more time, it would help show immigrations that our relationship was genuine and that my husband was not using me just to get to Canada as fast as possible, since we got "married so quickly".

Yes he was unable to work in his profession while being married to me. Firstly because I travel to Cuba every 3 months for 2 weeks to a month, and as a professor he cannot take that time off. Second because I am a Canadian. Because of the communist government there, even if he could find a job no one would hire him because they wouldn't want to be in trouble with the government. It's a sticky situation there when being married to a foreigner.
That is a reasonable explanation. Make sure this is explained in the full court hearing. If you explained this properly in the ADR ... well ... I just can't understand what the point of refusal was.

Your case scares me! I met my wife online in May, went to visit her in September and married her in January. I sent in the sponsorship documents in March. So, it was very quick. I don't understand how they can still question your relationship after the 4 years you have been together. Especially since you go to see your husband every 3 months.

It's just ridiculous. I was under the impression the IAD was more effective than CIC. Almost everyone on this site is here because some VO had a bad day, or dislikes "foreigners", or assumes everyone is lying ... or in many cases bring their perception of what a "genuine" relationship is to the table. They completely ignore the facts and make unreasonable decisions ... without regard to the people they are affecting.

To hear the IAD may have similar issues scares me.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
MrsTrejo said:

Also ... it sounds better if you say:

We waited 2 years to put in the sponsorship because - to put it frankly - what happened with my friend when she brought her husband to Canada and how he took off moments later scared me

than if you say:

I felt that if we waited more time, it would help show immigrations that our relationship was genuine and that my husband was not using me just to get to Canada as fast as possible, since we got "married so quickly"

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:
No I haven't heard anything from them. I received the blue book in late March.
Thank you Wintersnow, same here, we have received the blue booklet in later March.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
wintersnow said:
That is a reasonable explanation. Make sure this is explained in the full court hearing. If you explained this properly in the ADR ... well ... I just can't understand what the point of refusal was.

Your case scares me! I met my wife online in May, went to visit her in September and married her in January. I sent in the sponsorship documents in March. So, it was very quick. I don't understand how they can still question your relationship after the 4 years you have been together. Especially since you go to see your husband every 3 months.

It's just ridiculous. I was under the impression the IAD was more effective than CIC. Almost everyone on this site is here because some VO had a bad day, or dislikes "foreigners", or assumes everyone is lying ... or in many cases bring their perception of what a "genuine" relationship is to the table. They completely ignore the facts and make unreasonable decisions ... without regard to the people they are affecting.

To hear the IAD may have similar issues scares me.
I thought when I had my ADR I did explain it well enough but I guess to the Ministers Counsel she didn't agree. At the same time this happened, my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and I explained also to her that with both of those reasons I put a halt on the sponsorship because I was the main caregiver for her. As well as the only person with an income, having to support her, myself, and my husband made things more difficult. She didn't care. She seemed to only be interested in hearing that the friend and husband split since my friend and her husband were acquaintances of my husband. It was garbage. Her exact words were "I believe that you love your husband, but I still have questions for him. For this reason I am not going to say we can resolve this today." She didn't ask how we met, how our relationship progressed, she didn't touch any of the evidence. It makes me so mad to think about all this. :mad:

Also how I understand her, instead of adding up all the time in between that we were in a relationship (speaking over the phone, texting, emailing, etc) she only considered the time we spent IN PERSON BEFORE we got married. It didn't matter to her the total time we've been together now. I've gone every 3 months, and actually just returned from a month long stay. She didn't seem to understand how people could have a relationship continue over the phone, texting, email, etc. Regardless that I am there everything 3 months.

It is true. My husband had a terrible VO. She didn't ask barely information, and did not ask him for proof of our relationship even when he brought a suitcase full of pictures, letters, emails, flight records, phone records, text records, etc. I too thought IAD would be a little more effective.

Thank you for advice with my response about why I waited. Is it better to leave it at just that, and not to add that waiting more time we thought it would help?

I am still waiting to hear when my full court hearing will be. I am in Edmonton so I know that the hearing is normally held in Vancouver. So if I were to go to Vancouver I would like to make arrangements. My ADR was in November, and the DRO said it would take at least a year - around end of Summer, beginning of Fall - for a full hearing. However it is impossible to get a hold of anyone at the appeal office. I keep getting the machine over and over.

Do you mind if I ask what happened in your case?

maple23

Sep 30, 2014
Hello everyone. I am reposting a question i had. Someone who has been asked to submit new applications after winning a hearing, please respond quickly. Thanks.

"Hello everyone,

I need some info..when new forms are requested by the visa office..must only the forms be sent or supporting documents mentioned in the checklist as well? For example marriage certificate and proof of contact? I figure since appeal has been approvd they dont need these. Please let me know asap."

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
MrsTrejo said:
I thought when I had my ADR I did explain it well enough but I guess to the Ministers Counsel she didn't agree. At the same time this happened, my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and I explained also to her that with both of those reasons I put a halt on the sponsorship because I was the main caregiver for her. As well as the only person with an income, having to support her, myself, and my husband made things more difficult. She didn't care. She seemed to only be interested in hearing that the friend and husband split since my friend and her husband were acquaintances of my husband. It was garbage. Her exact words were "I believe that you love your husband, but I still have questions for him. For this reason I am not going to say we can resolve this today." She didn't ask how we met, how our relationship progressed, she didn't touch any of the evidence. It makes me so mad to think about all this. :mad:

Also how I understand her, instead of adding up all the time in between that we were in a relationship (speaking over the phone, texting, emailing, etc) she only considered the time we spent IN PERSON BEFORE we got married. It didn't matter to her the total time we've been together now. I've gone every 3 months, and actually just returned from a month long stay. She didn't seem to understand how people could have a relationship continue over the phone, texting, email, etc. Regardless that I am there everything 3 months.

It is true. My husband had a terrible VO. She didn't ask barely information, and did not ask him for proof of our relationship even when he brought a suitcase full of pictures, letters, emails, flight records, phone records, text records, etc. I too thought IAD would be a little more effective.

Thank you for advice with my response about why I waited. Is it better to leave it at just that, and not to add that waiting more time we thought it would help?

I am still waiting to hear when my full court hearing will be. I am in Edmonton so I know that the hearing is normally held in Vancouver. So if I were to go to Vancouver I would like to make arrangements. My ADR was in November, and the DRO said it would take at least a year - around end of Summer, beginning of Fall - for a full hearing. However it is impossible to get a hold of anyone at the appeal office. I keep getting the machine over and over.

Do you mind if I ask what happened in your case?
Yes ... definitely do not say you thought it would look better for IAD if you waited. It makes your intent seem less genuine.

It is unfortunate but I don't think the Minister's Counsel was being completely unreasonable. It sounds to me like she believes your intent but she does not trust your husband with the facts that were presented. So, she wants to talk to him ... and that means a full hearing.

As you prepare for the full hearing ... you must make sure that your husband is ready to prove he really loves you and is not just marrying you to get into Canada. You must look for things he says and does that really prove he loves you. You must also try to prove the credibility of your husband. Find evidence that he is an honest man and would never try to deceive anyone.

I can understand why my case was refused. There were several red flags ... age difference, short courtship, language issues. Considering this, the VO was obligated to question if our relationship was genuine. However, like you, I prepared several hundred pages of chats and proof of support for my wife when she went to interview. She also brought hundreds of photos. And, like you, the VO did not even look at it. There is a lot of evidence of an ongoing real relationship but he did not even consider it.

I was naive. I never expected my wife would be refused. I know better now. I have hired someone to help me prepare the case ... hoping they can lend an objective eye to our case. It is hard to understand how people look at your case when you are involved ... because you know you love your partner. It is hard to understand what evidence others need to convince them of what you already know.

The downside with hiring someone is there are a lot of incompetent lawyers and consultants out there. There are many stories of that on this site ... and I know many consultants did not know their stuff when I was interviewing them.

I understand you cannot afford a consultant at this time. I recommend you follow Gango's advice to look at the CanLII site for examples of cases that went to full court. It might help you better prepare your case.

http://www.canlii.org/en/#search/type=decision&ccId=cisr&dateRange=l3y&all=under%20section%204

Mrs. Malek

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
28-07-2013
Interview........
20-05-2014... Failed
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-11-2015
suzanne2014 said:
does age difference give you denial? I been with my husband 8 years and he is 27 years older then me we have proof that we are genuine and true .. I haven't submitted my application yet but should I be worried??
neither one of us have criminal record but he did get sent back on an exclusion order for over stay for a year..
just wondering what people have been experiencing if age difference matters??
thanks
Hi Suzanne,
Just provide them all the proof. Lease or property together, foreign trip together, emails, phone bills and gifts receipts. Its long period, hopefully you will not get any problems. Best of Luck!

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Maddants said:
Hello everyone, i have a question for all those ppl that ever had a full hearing case...... can you please tell me how long your full hearing case last for....I would love to know if anyone case every took 4 hrs Straight or more.....please shed some light on this question please.
My full hearing took only about 2 hours and the judge took a decision right then and there it was a positive decision ..

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
Hi, My lawyer filed appeal on january 20, 2015.. last week we got blue book. i need to ask what would be the next steps?

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
wintersnow said:
Yes ... definitely do not say you thought it would look better for IAD if you waited. It makes your intent seem less genuine.

It is unfortunate but I don't think the Minister's Counsel was being completely unreasonable. It sounds to me like she believes your intent but she does not trust your husband with the facts that were presented. So, she wants to talk to him ... and that means a full hearing.

As you prepare for the full hearing ... you must make sure that your husband is ready to prove he really loves you and is not just marrying you to get into Canada. You must look for things he says and does that really prove he loves you. You must also try to prove the credibility of your husband. Find evidence that he is an honest man and would never try to deceive anyone.

I can understand why my case was refused. There were several red flags ... age difference, short courtship, language issues. Considering this, the VO was obligated to question if our relationship was genuine. However, like you, I prepared several hundred pages of chats and proof of support for my wife when she went to interview. She also brought hundreds of photos. And, like you, the VO did not even look at it. There is a lot of evidence of an ongoing real relationship but he did not even consider it.

I was naive. I never expected my wife would be refused. I know better now. I have hired someone to help me prepare the case ... hoping they can lend an objective eye to our case. It is hard to understand how people look at your case when you are involved ... because you know you love your partner. It is hard to understand what evidence others need to convince them of what you already know.

The downside with hiring someone is there are a lot of incompetent lawyers and consultants out there. There are many stories of that on this site ... and I know many consultants did not know their stuff when I was interviewing them.

I understand you cannot afford a consultant at this time. I recommend you follow Gango's advice to look at the CanLII site for examples of cases that went to full court. It might help you better prepare your case.

http://www.canlii.org/en/#search/type=decision&ccId=cisr&dateRange=l3y&all=under%20section%204
Thank you for all your input and your eye on my situation, it is much appreciated!

I have been studying a lot on Canlii, especially cases with cuban spouses. In the circumstances I am in right now it would be difficult to hire a consultant. So I'm hoping that I can prepare the best I can.

I still have not heard anything from them for a date and whatnot. Better of course to be safe than sorry so I am preparing now. I try to read up and think of the questions they will ask in the full hearing, not only to prepare myself but to prepare my husband. We both know regardless of any decision we are still staying together. Whether I have to move there, or we find another country where we both can work.

Are you still waiting for your hearing?