15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
RUPI said:
Taj p....don't go after brand name some of these lawyers charge you like crazy. They should not charge you $500 for consultation. That is very high amount for nothing, just to see that this person take your case or not it's ridiculous. There are lawyers who don't charge you anything and they can tell you whether they can take your case or not. If you go and study some of the appeal decisions some of these best lawyers can't even win the straight forward case. Anyway this is my experience. You can check around and see for your self. You have enough time don't worry and take your time to find a good lawyer. Inbox me if you need any help

I'm very glad tht u took time to read my post n reply to it, I am having a really tough time finding a good lawyer , dont knw how to check if they are good or not if they will win my case or not , I don't think it's complicated at all my case is very simple but I don't have enough knowledge to deal with it myself, I read few review of few lawyers n few of them were very new reviews and good , but how do we trust that it's not framed by the lawyers itself. This very confusingplease if you knw any good lawyers who may have given service to anyone u knw please advise me . I would be very much thankfull to you.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
taj p said:
I'm very glad tht u took time to read my post n reply to it, I am having a really tough time finding a good lawyer , dont knw how to check if they are good or not if they will win my case or not , I don't think it's complicated at all my case is very simple but I don't have enough knowledge to deal with it myself, I read few review of few lawyers n few of them were very new reviews and good , but how do we trust that it's not framed by the lawyers itself. This very confusingplease if you knw any good lawyers who may have given service to anyone u knw please advise me . I would be very much thankfull to you.
Micheal Crane is a good lawyer. His number is 416 351 8600 ext 221 - He deals with immigration cases. He doesn't take any fees for consultation, but only for full case appeal.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Newbie01 said:
Hi,
Does anyone know how how long do you have to wait for the PPR request after it shows medical received online? I have no idea how long of a wait. Someone please kindly respond.
Hang in...your so close !

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ RUPI

I agree 100% with you. Shopping around is a good idea and there are many good, experienced lawyers out there. I think it's good to check them out and get a feel for how they work, how available they will be to answer questions, and how your personalities fit. Even this lawyer admits he can't win every case. He has been practicing for 50 odd years and has about 80% success rate. There are so many stories on here of people being taken advantage of by lawyers. I would say don't be afraid to meet several and ask lots of questions. This is a crazy, unpredictable process, no one can guarantee success.

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
ajarupan said:
Micheal Crane is a good lawyer. His number is 416 351 8600 ext 221 - He deals with immigration cases. He doesn't take any fees for consultation, but only for full case appeal.

What is his fees ?

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Hi habeeb
We were also denied visa because of age difference and culture differences so immigration officer made up his mind right away NO VISA..
any ways my husband and I started to worried off course but we never gave up hope and so we started to apply for the appeal and about 5 weeks before appeal I went to visit my husband ( was suggested by immigration for more proof ) we had his fam and friends write letters and so did my friends. we made much pictures and a letter that we wrote together ...When I came back to Canada I sent all this too the appeal board in Vancouver ..I had my appeal Oct 31 2014 I had my parents and son there with me ,the interviewed me first and asked about my son about his education and his health and then asked if my husband and I slept in the same bed when we met the first time and many more detailed questions the interview took 45 minutes,,Then the called my husband on speaker phone and asked him the same questions and off course he answered them all the same like I did ,my husband and I talk about everything and have no secrets ...and then the immigration judge told us we won the appeal :)
I also think it helped that I had my parents and son with me for support and that's what the judge told me too..

Reactions: Alicee

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
Mrs Selim said:
Hi habeeb
We were also denied visa because of age difference and culture differences so immigration officer made up his mind right away NO VISA..
any ways my husband and I started to worried off course but we never gave up hope and so we started to apply for the appeal and about 5 weeks before appeal I went to visit my husband ( was suggested by immigration for more proof ) we had his fam and friends write letters and so did my friends. we made much pictures and a letter that we wrote together ...When I came back to Canada I sent all this too the appeal board in Vancouver ..I had my appeal Oct 31 2014 I had my parents and son there with me ,the interviewed me first and asked about my son about his education and his health and then asked if my husband and I slept in the same bed when we met the first time and many more detailed questions the interview took 45 minutes,,Then the called my husband on speaker phone and asked him the same questions and off course he answered them all the same like I did ,my husband and I talk about everything and have no secrets ...and then the immigration judge told us we won the appeal :)
I also think it helped that I had my parents and son with me for support and that's what the judge told me too..

you won adr ??? or full hearing??? whats the name of your lawyer?

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Hi taj p
No lawyer we did it all on our own...we had a full hearing..

Reactions: Alicee

Squad3

Jan 8, 2015
are you using a lawyer and can you recommend him. I filed an appeal in Vancouver 1 week ago. My husband was nervous in the interview and the officer was very difficult. She would not let him finish his sentences.

I would like to find a good lawyer or a consultant.

Cheers and thanks

BLOOMINGFLOWER

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
June 2010, March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2010, March 2012
Interview........
Interview queue since Oct 2010, Interview dec 8, 2011
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
hi everyone...

my appeal hearing happened this past wednesday. The judge who was female had said at the end that she liked both the counsel and my lawyers submission and that she will go to her office and after going through the notes will make a decision. any idea how long this will take? wish me luck and lots of prayers....

Mary_Sol

Jan 18, 2015
@MrsSalem,

Hi, I'm new in here, i've also sponsored my common-law partner since nov 2012, we received result just january 2015 and he is been declined to come here...reason is as follow: Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and Paragraph 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and refugee Protection Regulations. last june 2013, we received a letter for me and him to explain why i was not able to include him on my application when i file my nomination. we sent them an affidavit stating the reasons, which I claim it's my honest mistakes. and now the decision is he been declined to come here. on the same letter they said that i can file an appeal within 30 days, i'm planning to send it tomorrow... do you think i can win this appeal, because, i already explained to them through my affidavit which i send to them last June 2013. do i need to seek help for an immigration lawyer? now i'm confused...

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
our lawyer will file appeal today... pls pray cuz er are filing it after 3 months of the refusal letter cuz my husband was not in canada at the time of refusal letter.

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
taj p said:
HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET REFUSAL LETTER FROM NEW DELHI??? AND IF WE WIN ADR HOW LONG IS THE WHOLE PROCESS PLS ADVISE ?
it depends on mailing process in your country & you dont need to wait till it comes to canada & get a copy of the refusal letter which your spouse already got & download the appeal form from internet and apply for appeal.

And if you get an ADR, & if you win by that, you'll get your visa by 6-7 months from the date you won the ADR...
good luck... & ready with your paper work from now & keep busying .... you'll definitely get through dont worry ..... do it with clear mind........ ;) ;) ;)

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
BLOOMINGFLOWER said:
hi everyone...

my appeal hearing happened this past wednesday. The judge who was female had said at the end that she liked both the counsel and my lawyers submission and that she will go to her office and after going through the notes will make a decision. any idea how long this will take? wish me luck and lots of prayers....

good luck to you & god bless..... you are in my prayers ....!!!!!!!!!