Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Hi soblue3 ...I am Mrs Selim and I won the appeal last Friday ....My husband also had a immigration officer that was nothing but rude and told my husband he don't believe all his shit he really said shit to my husband...After receiving the CAPE notes he wrote that my husband cant speak English and some other lies ,so at the appeal the ask me if my husband needed a interpreter I said no because my husband speak perfect English ,I brought the capes notes and read them in front of the appeal board and told them im very saddened by this kind of lies from a immigration officer...Needles to say we WON the appeal because the believed in us ,so never give up and bring everything with you on the day of you're appeal even if you have family to witnesses because I brought my parents and son but the never had to speak because my husband and I proofed we have a genuine marriage and the minister counsel made up her mind right there :) Good luck and if you ever need to ask me something about the appeal pls do so..

Reactions: Alicee

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
soblue3 said:
Hello, i just want to share my experience with the notes from the interview. and i was wondering how many other people have gone through this. Well i have filled the notice for appeal last month and just today i have received the notes.
first i just want to say that i have send with my application for the sponsorship of my husband to canada about sixty photos maybe half of it from the wedding and the rest from our honey moon and in all different situations and locations from my trip there. in addition i have sent close to 400 pages of our chats from msn, facebook, skype including screen shots from the beginning of our relationship till the time i filled out our application.
so in the notes today...the Visa officer who accused my husband of not talking english wrote that we had a wedding but there are no pitures. in another sentence she wrote that on the pictures she can see few family members ( i have included pictures with almost all different people in them and us). family members, friends and neighbours. Yet again in the notes she stated that there was no pictures from the wedding or my stay there. My husband right after the interview told me that she was looking at the pictures in front of him and nodding her head as he was talking about our wedding ceremony.
Next she wrote that there is no evidence of our communication..i have included so many pages...i took samples of our chat and few whole conversations from the day we met till the time i send my application. about 400 pages and screenshots with dates of us chatting on skype. She also wrote that he told he he had proof but not with him. He brought additional 200 pages at least but she refused to take them and told him that she believed that part and did not need more proof.
i dont know what to make of this...is this some kind of a joke? can they do that? can they somehow destroy our evidence? I have the receipt of sending the application and i think sine it was a registered express mail there should be weight on it so they can estimate how many pages there were.
then she wrote in the notes the wrong name of the site on which we met...but i have screenshots.
then she got wrong his education level while we included the certificates of his degrees in the original file.
she said he was confused and did not say we had any plans together. she said he did not know anything about my past 2 marriage? i was married only once and its in the application and also he knows. and how about her telling him there is no drugs in canada when he told her that my past relationship fell apart due to substance abuse.
so although there seems to be only 3 differences in what he remembered happened and what she is writing happened the stuff about the photos and lack of evidence of conversation is a blunt lie on her part.
besides that all that was in the interview were her thoughts...she was wondering if i had relationship with somebody younger before, she questioned whether i was coming there again and questioned him asking her when he can get the notes. she also stated that he is confused about my job when he knows exactly what i do and where and how because we mention something about our jobs daily and on my weekend job we are able to chat on skype so he even talked to my coworkers and seen exactly what i do.
then she concluded that from the above she doubts his intentions. I am just shocked and feel sick to my stomach? all that work i put into that application..reading printing getting staff organized and she is saying we have no proof of communication and no pictures? really i am shocked. and the notes are in french when the interview was in english and then also he used arabic english translator.
Has anybody else experienced that? is there a possibility they lost some of our file? but he saw the pictures and big stack of paper on her desk. He does not even know about the notes yet... poor guy he already feels bad about all this stuff i have to go through.
So sorry...our notes were full of lies and/or inventions too :(

I really don't know what is their problem... I thought we were an isolated case.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
It happens a lot..

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Hello friends I need some advice urgently.my ADR date was fixed on 18 Nov 2014 they also send me a letter about the date of ADR hearing.i was sent my all documents to my lawyer some day ago.till today we don't file reply . bcz last date is file for reply is 8 Nov 2014 i means ten days ago before hearing.but today my lawyer says they are not satisfied with my case.they said this case is not fit for ADR.
They said this case is fit for full hearing.what is this if my case was not fit for adr why they send me a adr hearing letter.any suggestion pl.what can i do ?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Habibti said:
So sorry...our notes were full of lies and/or inventions too :(

I really don't know what is their problem... I thought we were an isolated case.
Hey Habibti. Hows it going ? How is the adjustment ?

everything here is good........seems like the 5 year nightmare CIC put us through has made our relationship a lot stronger ! :)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
soblue3 said:
Hello, i just want to share my experience with the notes from the interview. and i was wondering how many other people have gone through this. Well i have filled the notice for appeal last month and just today i have received the notes.
first i just want to say that i have send with my application for the sponsorship of my husband to canada about sixty photos maybe half of it from the wedding and the rest from our honey moon and in all different situations and locations from my trip there. in addition i have sent close to 400 pages of our chats from msn, facebook, skype including screen shots from the beginning of our relationship till the time i filled out our application.
so in the notes today...the Visa officer who accused my husband of not talking english wrote that we had a wedding but there are no pitures. in another sentence she wrote that on the pictures she can see few family members ( i have included pictures with almost all different people in them and us). family members, friends and neighbours. Yet again in the notes she stated that there was no pictures from the wedding or my stay there. My husband right after the interview told me that she was looking at the pictures in front of him and nodding her head as he was talking about our wedding ceremony.
Next she wrote that there is no evidence of our communication..i have included so many pages...i took samples of our chat and few whole conversations from the day we met till the time i send my application. about 400 pages and screenshots with dates of us chatting on skype. She also wrote that he told he he had proof but not with him. He brought additional 200 pages at least but she refused to take them and told him that she believed that part and did not need more proof.
i dont know what to make of this...is this some kind of a joke? can they do that? can they somehow destroy our evidence? I have the receipt of sending the application and i think sine it was a registered express mail there should be weight on it so they can estimate how many pages there were.
then she wrote in the notes the wrong name of the site on which we met...but i have screenshots.
then she got wrong his education level while we included the certificates of his degrees in the original file.
she said he was confused and did not say we had any plans together. she said he did not know anything about my past 2 marriage? i was married only once and its in the application and also he knows. and how about her telling him there is no drugs in canada when he told her that my past relationship fell apart due to substance abuse.
so although there seems to be only 3 differences in what he remembered happened and what she is writing happened the stuff about the photos and lack of evidence of conversation is a blunt lie on her part.
besides that all that was in the interview were her thoughts...she was wondering if i had relationship with somebody younger before, she questioned whether i was coming there again and questioned him asking her when he can get the notes. she also stated that he is confused about my job when he knows exactly what i do and where and how because we mention something about our jobs daily and on my weekend job we are able to chat on skype so he even talked to my coworkers and seen exactly what i do.
then she concluded that from the above she doubts his intentions. I am just shocked and feel sick to my stomach? all that work i put into that application..reading printing getting staff organized and she is saying we have no proof of communication and no pictures? really i am shocked. and the notes are in french when the interview was in english and then also he used arabic english translator.
Has anybody else experienced that? is there a possibility they lost some of our file? but he saw the pictures and big stack of paper on her desk. He does not even know about the notes yet... poor guy he already feels bad about all this stuff i have to go through.
Rather than writing a long post. I would just like to say, im sorry they are putting you (and so many people) through this. It is disgusting to see how they manipulate and get away with it.

I know exactly how you feel. Best to talk it out with people/therapist. Maybe they will give you ADR....this will cut down the wait time a lot. Unfortunately, they made us suffer for 5 years.

There are many fine people who will help you through this. Best wishes ::)

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
Mrs Selim said:
Hi soblue3 ...I am Mrs Selim and I won the appeal last Friday ....My husband also had a immigration officer that was nothing but rude and told my husband he don't believe all his *censored word* he really said *censored word* to my husband...After receiving the CAPE notes he wrote that my husband cant speak English and some other lies ,so at the appeal the ask me if my husband needed a interpreter I said no because my husband speak perfect English ,I brought the capes notes and read them in front of the appeal board and told them im very saddened by this kind of lies from a immigration officer...Needles to say we WON the appeal because the believed in us ,so never give up and bring everything with you on the day of you're appeal even if you have family to witnesses because I brought my parents and son but the never had to speak because my husband and I proofed we have a genuine marriage and the minister counsel made up her mind right there :) Good luck and if you ever need to ask me something about the appeal pls do so..
I need some answers about appeal as my wife has a hearing next month plz help us.by sharing some of ur experience.i will appreciate that

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
haritsharma said:
Hello friends I need some advice urgently.my ADR date was fixed on 18 Nov 2014 they also send me a letter about the date of ADR hearing.i was sent my all documents to my lawyer some day ago.till today we don't file reply . bcz last date is file for reply is 8 Nov 2014 i means ten days ago before hearing.but today my lawyer says they are not satisfied with my case.they said this case is not fit for ADR.
They said this case is fit for full hearing.what is this if my case was not fit for adr why they send me a adr hearing letter.any suggestion pl.what can i do ?
Hi ,

Oh my god I can't believe this happened to you. I was also selected for an ADR on November 17, 2014. So far I have heard nothing from my lawyer. Hopefully things work out for you. take care.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Siva said:
Hi ,

Oh my god I can't believe this happened to you. I was also selected for an ADR on November 17, 2014. So far I have heard nothing from my lawyer. Hopefully things work out for you. take care.
Mine as well. I am selected for ADR for November 19th (odd how we are all one day after the other). I haven't heard anything that it has changed either. Though I am doing it myself and have already sent in my paperwork and nothing has come back saying it's a full hearing.

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
MrsTrejo said:
Mine as well. I am selected for ADR for November 19th (odd how we are all one day after the other). I haven't heard anything that it has changed either. Though I am doing it myself and have already sent in my paperwork and nothing has come back saying it's a full hearing.
Mrs Trejo let's keep our fingers crossed that it won't go to a full hearing and that we win the appeal in the coming weeks. Good luck.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Siva said:
Mrs Trejo let's keep our fingers crossed that it won't go to a full hearing and that we win the appeal in the coming weeks. Good luck.
Thank you Siva I am crossing my fingers for you as well. I think if it went to full we would know by now as it is getting very close. Good luck and let us know how your ADR goes.

nancyzm

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
nancyzm said:
I need some advice urgently. I'm in Qatar with my husband and daughter. I'm currently appealing my husbands visa rejection for misrepresentation. Some people have told me to go to Canadian embassy in Qatar to see if anything can be done. I'm only here for 2 more weeks so I need to decide now whether I should go to the embassy. Do you think it will help our case? Would it be worth it? Anyone have experience???
Anyone have advise?

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Hi Friends,

I was called for ADR for December 8, 2014. :) Can anyone tell me know how many hours ADR interview will take? I am nervous myself. ??? I don't know what they going to ask and how it goes. My refusal was regarding misinterpretation on the application. Thanks.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ajarupan said:
Hi Friends,

I was called for ADR for December 8, 2014. :) Can anyone tell me know how many hours ADR interview will take? I am nervous myself. ??? I don't know what they going to ask and how it goes. My refusal was regarding misinterpretation on the application. Thanks.
Hi ajarupan,

In the letter I received I believe and all that I have read it lasts about an hour.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nancyzm said:
Anyone have advise?
You can go to the Canadian Embassy and ask them what they think the best thing for you to do is, but it seems like once they have made their decision that's all there is to it. In my opinion you are best just to appeal, because if you go in there saying that the visa officer is wrong, chances are they aren't going to listen to you because they stand behind their officials decisions. You're going to need to appeal to prove them wrong either way.