March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
gsize said:
Hi. We called my partner at his home with interpretor. Spoke with him for about 20 minutes.
We might be getting an interpreter, too. My wife's English is okay but she lacks vocabulary and grammar so we are thinking an interpreter for long or tough questions.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
gsize said:
-they misplaced file for several months
-there were work slow downs at many embassies
-problems getting request for police certificate.

the process after wining appeal was more difficult. Hope it goes smoothly for you.!
dayum. That must have been hard. Nearly 2 years added after winning.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Newbie01 said:
They can bring up some questions from the embassy and you will need to clarify the answer. They will then ask your spouse the same questions and your answer that was at the hearing will need to be matched with your spouses answer. just be prepared to be asked anything. My husband was asked to describe my drive to work. What kind of view I have, how long is my drive to and from work, what I do on my drive to work, is my highway safe etc. do I have a blue tooth in the car etc. it's all about how well you know each other and daily routine.
Thank you so much newbie for your reply...this will sure help us out and everyone that have to do a full hearing.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Hello121 said:
dayum. That must have been hard. Nearly 2 years added after winning.
Disgusting is more like it !! (and it was a simple case----no kids, ex's) 5 years in total !

I used to be proud of my Canadian heritage. After going through the nightmare and seeing such incompetence, im not so proud anymore !

Best of luck to all those going through the nightmare of appeal ----through Toronto (Vancouver wait times are acceptable)

28 months to get hearing date is not acceptable ! I wish they would stop telling people the wait is 12-18 months ---not nice !!

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
gsize said:
Disgusting is more like it !! (and it was a simple case----no kids, ex's) 5 years in total !

I used to be proud of my Canadian heritage. After going through the nightmare and seeing such incompetence, im not so proud anymore !

Best of luck to all those going through the nightmare of appeal ----through Toronto (Vancouver wait times are acceptable)

28 months to get hearing date is not acceptable ! I wish they would stop telling people the wait is 12-18 months ---not nice !!
It took me 21 months to get a hearing date in Vancouver!!!! Disgusting is right! Makes me mad that the innocent are suffering. They need to get their facts right before making such a serious decision. Not only has my life been on hold for 3 years but the mental stress my spouse and I had to go through has no value.

We are basically guilty until proven innocent!!!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Newbie01 said:
It took me 21 months to get a hearing date in Vancouver!!!! Disgusting is right! Makes me mad that the innocent are suffering. They need to get their facts right before making such a serious decision. Not only has my life been on hold for 3 years but the mental stress my spouse and I had to go through has no value.

We are basically guilty until proven innocent!!!
you are absolutely right ! Thank you for the timeline for Vancouver. You are the first person I have read that had to wait so long in Vancouver.

Cost to us was over $40.000.00 and God only knows how it has affected our health !

To think they have let in so many lunatics while denying so many honest people is not acceptable ! These VO"S should be held accountable and those who have many denials should be moved to another position.

We can do better !

Reactions: Alicee

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Hi everyone!

So far my "cover letter/love story" about how our relationship started, has progressed, what our relationship is like, etc, is about 8 pages.... Is that going to be too much do you think? :p
I am almost done preparing to send all my stuff for the ADR and this is the last thing! Just want to make sure I am not going overboard hehe.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
hi all... im freaking out I just noticed that in the letter with my appeal date there is a form to be checked off and sent with my new pictures and letters etc. but I did sent a cover letter with it and with all my info on it I hope this is good enough..

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Question for all the people who went to a IAD how did it go and did you bring witnesses I have my IAD end of this month and will bring my parents and my son who all support my husband and me so much and I hope it helps with my case..

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Hi everyone!

So far my "cover letter/love story" about how our relationship started, has progressed, what our relationship is like, etc, is about 8 pages.... Is that going to be too much do you think? :p
I am almost done preparing to send all my stuff for the ADR and this is the last thing! Just want to make sure I am not going overboard hehe.
dear, 8 pages are ok but make sure that you have written only the love story there :p i meant that you have to make them feel that your story is genuine and also both of you have future plans. my husband's letter was more than 10 pages. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Mrs Selim said:
Question for all the people who went to a IAD how did it go and did you bring witnesses I have my IAD end of this month and will bring my parents and my son who all support my husband and me so much and I hope it helps with my case..
hi dear,
i'm not sure the time frame (my husband guesses that its 10 days before the ADR), because when he had the ADR, he took his son to the ADR Hearing and the panel has told him that he couldnt allow the son to come inside as he has not informed them that he is bringing the son.
so, if you want to take witnesses with you, call the IAD and ask what you should do if you want to bring the witnesses with you to the ADR.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
oh the know I bring them because I had a pre meeting last july and she ask me if I bring witnesses so yah the know..

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Gango is waiting said:
dear, 8 pages are ok but make sure that you have written only the love story there :p i meant that you have to make them feel that your story is genuine and also both of you have future plans. my husband's letter was more than 10 pages. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thanks Gango! You have become a great friend with all of this! hehe.
I have 10 pages now. So I hope that is good!

I put in there how we met, how we fell in love, when we knew were in love, our future plans together, about our common interests, personalities, etc. So I hope that helps! :-\

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Gango is waiting said:
hi dear,
i'm not sure the time frame (my husband guesses that its 10 days before the ADR), because when he had the ADR, he took his son to the ADR Hearing and the panel has told him that he couldnt allow the son to come inside as he has not informed them that he is bringing the son.
so, if you want to take witnesses with you, call the IAD and ask what you should do if you want to bring the witnesses with you to the ADR.
I had no idea that you could bring a witness to the ADR hearing. I thought it was just for full hearings? This is something new to me! If it is possible I have many witnesses who would come.