+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Good morning (or afternoon depending where you are!) everyone!

I need some help. I posted before but haven't really gotten all my questions answered.. I'm not using a consultant and I'm doing everything on my own with good research and faith in my relationship.

I have my ADR hearing for November 19th so I want to get everything prepared very early so I can send it in. So I have a few questions that I hope all of you knowledgeable people can help me with!!

1. What type of questions should I be prepared for? Just like a lot of people my husband was refused because of suspected non-genuine relationship. (Even though in my sponsorship file reading the notes it says that there is enough proof we have been in a relationship for over 2 years that they should do an interview for "quality assurance".)

2. Also what things I should be sending in before my hearing? I have printed off calls from since I put in our sponsorship (March 2013) and after the refusal, I have all my flight itinerates from sponsorship date/after refusal, lots of pictures, letters from friends and family.

3. I got letters from family in Cuba that are in Spanish. Do they need to be translated by a professional?

4. I understand a cover letter should be sent with the package. Does anyone have any advice on how that should be written?

I hope these aren't too many questions! I feel confident enough doing the ADR alone. I just want to make sure all my bases are covered and that I am providing the correct and sufficient proof.

yes alla should be in either in English neither in French otherwise should be translated by a sworn translator (somebody recommended as a valid translator in your country)

you should make a cover letter to show them that how genuine your marriage is and you write your story briefly from the day you met your spouse till today. but be careful when you write those bcoz, they compare everything with letters, documents, and all the other papers which you have submitted to the CIC till now. if you have made a different story which were not in your previous letters, documents they will reject you. and also you should answer them with a very good confidence. if you have skyped with your spouse, get some screen shots with your spouse and her\his family members when you skype with them. not only once take screen shots everyday. if you have a fb, get screen shots of pics you shared, comments other people wrote about you two who commented both of yours family and friends, and name them and show the relationship with you to them. then you can show that your and your friends and family know about your relationship.
The IAD has sent us a letter saying "we do not have any issue with your genuineness of your marriage". bcoz that i sent enough pics, documents, fb, skype pics and 'skypelogviews' so, as much as you have with you to show your genuineness, send those to them.
when you send pics, send them you two have taken pictures with your spouse's and yours friends and family. print them all on A4 sheets and name each paper(describe). you can put 2 pics on 1 A4 sheet and describe underneath the picture.
when you write your cover letter dont think that should make your letter only for 2-3 pages. dnt worry you write all of your feelings about your genuine marriage life. show how hard you and your spouse live without you two each other. they dont worry about your number of pages of your letter. believe in me I did all the paperwork for our whole process from the application filling till now. so, our covering letter was about 10 pages. but they took care of it. actually we were refused for a financial reason but i sent more and more evidences to show my genuine relationship. and then only they have mentioned in a letter that "we do not have any issue with your genuineness". and also doesn't matter what ever if we send enough proofs to show our true , correct documents they treat us fairly. and also you have to send them in a manner i mean in a very neat way. then they can go through clearly. dont make them confused. put consecutive numbers to all the 3 sets of documents and keep i set for you and the other two for the IAD and to the Ministers counsel. so, all the documents should be neat and tidy.

if they are satisfied with your documents they will ask you and your wife which are in the documents and the letter you sent to them. if you and your spouse have given the same answers then they conceive and come to a decision.
and also you have got an ADR so, it means your case is not in a dangerous position and you have not submitted enough documents to them show your genuine relationship. so, send enough proofs and also keep this in your mind, show your and your spouses financial ability also with these bcoz, sometimes visa post may refuse you again after you win this appeal under the financial ground. so, dont let them to put you down in any way of they can. if you were released from all the grounds from IAD and the minister's counsel, the visa post cannot do anything.
I hope these will help you. you have only less time be careful, you have to send the extra documents 20 days before the IAD. check your letter.
I think if i'm wrong somebody will correct me.
but I have gone through this twice so, i believe that all the details i have given here is correct.
So, GOOD LUCK dear dont worry............ keep both of yours minds carm & clear to answer them carefully....

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Gango is waiting said:
yes alla should be in either in English neither in French otherwise should be translated by a sworn translator (somebody recommended as a valid translator in your country)

you should make a cover letter to show them that how genuine your marriage is and you write your story briefly from the day you met your spouse till today. but be careful when you write those bcoz, they compare everything with letters, documents, and all the other papers which you have submitted to the CIC till now. if you have made a different story which were not in your previous letters, documents they will reject you. and also you should answer them with a very good confidence. if you have skyped with your spouse, get some screen shots with your spouse and her\his family members when you skype with them. not only once take screen shots everyday. if you have a fb, get screen shots of pics you shared, comments other people wrote about you two who commented both of yours family and friends, and name them and show the relationship with you to them. then you can show that your and your friends and family know about your relationship.
The IAD has sent us a letter saying "we do not have any issue with your genuineness of your marriage". bcoz that i sent enough pics, documents, fb, skype pics and 'skypelogviews' so, as much as you have with you to show your genuineness, send those to them.
when you send pics, send them you two have taken pictures with your spouse's and yours friends and family. print them all on A4 sheets and name each paper(describe). you can put 2 pics on 1 A4 sheet and describe underneath the picture.
when you write your cover letter dont think that should make your letter only for 2-3 pages. dnt worry you write all of your feelings about your genuine marriage life. show how hard you and your spouse live without you two each other. they dont worry about your number of pages of your letter. believe in me I did all the paperwork for our whole process from the application filling till now. so, our covering letter was about 10 pages. but they took care of it. actually we were refused for a financial reason but i sent more and more evidences to show my genuine relationship. and then only they have mentioned in a letter that "we do not have any issue with your genuineness". and also doesn't matter what ever if we send enough proofs to show our true , correct documents they treat us fairly. and also you have to send them in a manner i mean in a very neat way. then they can go through clearly. dont make them confused. put consecutive numbers to all the 3 sets of documents and keep i set for you and the other two for the IAD and to the Ministers counsel. so, all the documents should be neat and tidy.

if they are satisfied with your documents they will ask you and your wife which are in the documents and the letter you sent to them. if you and your spouse have given the same answers then they conceive and come to a decision.
and also you have got an ADR so, it means your case is not in a dangerous position and you have not submitted enough documents to them show your genuine relationship. so, send enough proofs and also keep this in your mind, show your and your spouses financial ability also with these bcoz, sometimes visa post may refuse you again after you win this appeal under the financial ground. so, dont let them to put you down in any way of they can. if you were released from all the grounds from IAD and the minister's counsel, the visa post cannot do anything.
I hope these will help you. you have only less time be careful, you have to send the extra documents 20 days before the IAD. check your letter.
I think if i'm wrong somebody will correct me.
but I have gone through this twice so, i believe that all the details i have given here is correct.
So, GOOD LUCK dear dont worry............ keep both of yours minds carm & clear to answer them carefully....
Thank you Gango for lots of good feedback.

I was told in the ADR they will not be contacting my husband, so it is all rested on my shoulders.

When I sent in my appeal I already sent them a letter to go a long with it. This was told to me by the MLA here in Edmonton. She told me to write a letter saying why I think the refusal was wrong. So I did that. Do you think I should write a new one? I do still have a copy (somewhere in a file) in my house of this letter. So I am sure they will bring that letter with them for my ADR. But maybe it will be a good idea to write another?

I received a new letter of employment stating my annual salary. Should I send this to them too even though they did not say we were refused based on finances? My husband has not been able to work since he married me. At the time the law in Cuba was that if you marry someone from another country you cannot work. Now it has changed, but since he is a professional (university teacher) and I travel back and forth every 3 months he cannot work because they will not give him the time off. And of course because it is a communist country, he needs to be teaching/believing in communism but being married to someone from Canada.... that makes it a little difficult for him to get a job when all jobs are government communist jobs lol.

My husband is in Cuba, and in Cuba internet is very difficult to use. So we communicate mostly by phone and text messages every single day. So I do have all my phone records, flight itinerates, lots of photos, letters from friends and family in Canada that know my husband, and letters from friends and family of his in Cuba that know me and our relationship. I am hoping all this is going to be enough proof.

I am just trying to prepare. I know to be very honest with them. But I worry for what I do not know will happen lol.

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Thank you Gango for lots of good feedback.

I was told in the ADR they will not be contacting my husband, so it is all rested on my shoulders.

When I sent in my appeal I already sent them a letter to go a long with it. This was told to me by the MLA here in Edmonton. She told me to write a letter saying why I think the refusal was wrong. So I did that. Do you think I should write a new one? I do still have a copy (somewhere in a file) in my house of this letter. So I am sure they will bring that letter with them for my ADR. But maybe it will be a good idea to write another?

I received a new letter of employment stating my annual salary. Should I send this to them too even though they did not say we were refused based on finances? My husband has not been able to work since he married me. At the time the law in Cuba was that if you marry someone from another country you cannot work. Now it has changed, but since he is a professional (university teacher) and I travel back and forth every 3 months he cannot work because they will not give him the time off. And of course because it is a communist country, he needs to be teaching/believing in communism but being married to someone from Canada.... that makes it a little difficult for him to get a job when all jobs are government communist jobs lol.

My husband is in Cuba, and in Cuba internet is very difficult to use. So we communicate mostly by phone and text messages every single day. So I do have all my phone records, flight itinerates, lots of photos, letters from friends and family in Canada that know my husband, and letters from friends and family of his in Cuba that know me and our relationship. I am hoping all this is going to be enough proof.

I am just trying to prepare. I know to be very honest with them. But I worry for what I do not know will happen lol.
hi dear
thats good that you have enough proofs of communication between you two but you better mention that about the internet problem in your husband's country bcoz normally everybody is using skype so, you show why you two are unable to skype. and also i have seen in some of camlii's that when the people against the decision of the CIC, the ministers counsel start with saying the appeal should be dismissed. so, better we show our ability and and the enough proofs without going to against with them. i wrote our letters and never mention that we are against the decision and we showed our ability. i'm sorry dear i'm not going to put you down but its better to keep them good and show strong evidences. how long ago you sent a letter to the IAD & ministers counsel? if its time ago and if you have new evidences its better you write another letter to upgrade your evidences. they will only deal with you not with your husband but if you have sent enough proofs they ask only what were in your letters and evidences to check whether you have sent fake documents and also you should know the dates and the names of your husbands family.
and dear i like and i've learnt that if you want to climb up to 5 feet you have to target to climb even 8-9 feet then only you can reach your real target. so, girl i made everything ready like for a full hearing for an ADR. so, my husband said that it was so, easy with them and they were very good to my husband and everything is on ministers counsel bcoz only she\he is arguing with you so, he said they asked only what were in the papers and the letters. and allowed the appeal. but your case is denuiness of marriage but dear you got an ADR its seems like there is no big issue with that with them. otherwise you would get a full hearing. but i suggest you to read more and more canlii cases. All are full hearings but if you prepare for a full hearing like it'll be good for your ADR. and i think you can get more ideas what are the stuff you prepare with. the link below is under the financial and genuineness too. but you can see that they have dismissed some cases under the genuineness though they were good with financial. so, i hope that you read these and get a good courage to face to your successful ADR by your self with good confidence and pray for you so.
here is the link
http://www.canlii.org/en/#search/type=decision&ccId=cisr&dateRange=l3y&page=5&all=under%20section%2039

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Gango is waiting said:
hi dear
thats good that you have enough proofs of communication between you two but you better mention that about the internet problem in your husband's country bcoz normally everybody is using skype so, you show why you two are unable to skype. and also i have seen in some of camlii's that when the people against the decision of the CIC, the ministers counsel start with saying the appeal should be dismissed. so, better we show our ability and and the enough proofs without going to against with them. i wrote our letters and never mention that we are against the decision and we showed our ability. i'm sorry dear i'm not going to put you down but its better to keep them good and show strong evidences. how long ago you sent a letter to the IAD & ministers counsel? if its time ago and if you have new evidences its better you write another letter to upgrade your evidences. they will only deal with you not with your husband but if you have sent enough proofs they ask only what were in your letters and evidences to check whether you have sent fake documents and also you should know the dates and the names of your husbands family.
and dear i like and i've learnt that if you want to climb up to 5 feet you have to target to climb even 8-9 feet then only you can reach your real target. so, girl i made everything ready like for a full hearing for an ADR. so, my husband said that it was so, easy with them and they were very good to my husband and everything is on ministers counsel bcoz only she\he is arguing with you so, he said they asked only what were in the papers and the letters. and allowed the appeal. but your case is denuiness of marriage but dear you got an ADR its seems like there is no big issue with that with them. otherwise you would get a full hearing. but i suggest you to read more and more canlii cases. All are full hearings but if you prepare for a full hearing like it'll be good for your ADR. and i think you can get more ideas what are the stuff you prepare with. the link below is under the financial and genuineness too. but you can see that they have dismissed some cases under the genuineness though they were good with financial. so, i hope that you read these and get a good courage to face to your successful ADR by your self with good confidence and pray for you so.
here is the link
http://www.canlii.org/en/#search/type=decision&ccId=cisr&dateRange=l3y&page=5&all=under%20section%2039
Thanks Gango, I will definitely check out Canlii. I have been doing a lot of reading with cases from Cuba so it is good to have more research.

I am very organized and keep everything, and have lots of pictures, letters, call logs, etc.

The letter that I wrote to them was a kind letter and in good standing. I got it read by my MLA first to make sure it was okay. It was more like "these are the reasons why my husband should be given the visa, and why our relationship is genuine". I knew not to be rude about it. The reasons why my husband were refused were ridiculous too so I had to at least write to them saying why I think and hope they will change their decision.

I haven't sent in my proofs yet because my hearing is not until November, so I still have time to collect call logs and text logs. So once I have everything prepared I will be sending it away!

My papers though don't have computer printed numbers. Can I number them by hand? Or even place sticky tag things for them to easily flip through?

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Thanks Gango, I will definitely check out Canlii. I have been doing a lot of reading with cases from Cuba so it is good to have more research.

I am very organized and keep everything, and have lots of pictures, letters, call logs, etc.

The letter that I wrote to them was a kind letter and in good standing. I got it read by my MLA first to make sure it was okay. It was more like "these are the reasons why my husband should be given the visa, and why our relationship is genuine". I knew not to be rude about it. The reasons why my husband were refused were ridiculous too so I had to at least write to them saying why I think and hope they will change their decision.

I haven't sent in my proofs yet because my hearing is not until November, so I still have time to collect call logs and text logs. So once I have everything prepared I will be sending it away!

My papers though don't have computer printed numbers. Can I number them by hand? Or even place sticky tag things for them to easily flip through?
ok dear i hope that you have done everything and everything will be fine.
you can number them by hand thats no problem with that and try send the stuff before 20 days the date given
good luck..

manisonu

Jun 11, 2014
hi everyone
I have ADR on 28 November plz tell me what type of document I have to callect .i have first marriage and have a 11 months baby .i am going to leave her in India .
plz help me
Thanks

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
hi all..

my visa office is london and my ecas status changed on 12 sept 2014 to decision made and got got refusal letter on 18 sept fom cic. How can i appeal and what is the total timeline. will they send appeal papers to my husband cuz he is the sponsor.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yana said:
hi all..

my visa office is london and my ecas status changed on 12 sept 2014 to decision made and got got refusal letter on 18 sept fom cic. How can i appeal and what is the total timeline. will they send appeal papers to my husband cuz he is the sponsor.
Hi yana,

They will send the appeal documents to your husband with a copy of the refusal letter. He needs to send in the appeal within 30 days. Once he sends in the appeal they will send him the blue book. They have 120 days to do that. After you receive the blue book it depends on what office the appeal hearing is for how long it takes to get a date. They all differ. I got my blue book in May, got my ADR notice in July and got my ADR hearing date in September for November. I am with the Vancouver office.

Sending you good vibes and hope everything goes fast and smoothly for you and your husband

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Yana said:
hi all..

We appealed April 2010
Hearing date August 2012 (Toronto)
Landed April 2014

immigration is sometimes a very bumpy ride.

make sure you send appeal within 30 days.

Best wishes

Mrs.Elanzaoui

Sep 29, 2014
Hi everyone... My husband is from Morocco and was denied in Feb of this year I have a scheduled ADR conference wednesday and have no idea what to expect.. what im suppose to take, say or do and what happens after could someone please help to answer some of these questions for me im extremely nervous and having a hard time to find out anything but the basic information.... thank you in advance

Reactions: Alicee

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Mrs.Elanzaoui said:
Hi everyone... My husband is from Morocco and was denied in Feb of this year I have a scheduled ADR conference wednesday and have no idea what to expect.. what im suppose to take, say or do and what happens after could someone please help to answer some of these questions for me im extremely nervous and having a hard time to find out anything but the basic information.... thank you in advance
under which ground you were refused?
and if "genuineness" you should take more stuff to show that your marriage is genuine if you have not submitted the proofs to the IAD before 20 days or 10 days you can take the proofs with you when you attend to the ADR. if so, you have to make 3 sets of your proofs to give 1 set for the Panel, 1 set for the Ministers Counsel and 1 set for your self.
if you were refused under the "Financial" you have to show youe financial ability to take care of your husband once he comes to Canada or he should able to show his financial ability while he is in Canada like you can show his income there, his bank savings and any assets to transfer to canada. like if he has properties which can be sold and bring the money to Canada then it'll be a good proof for that.
So, what ever dear you are in the last moment of your time of ADR. so, dont know whether you have all of these with you to face to the ADR. if you have time be prepared with strong evidences. you are still not too late to make these documents. be confidence to answer clearly with them. and I hope that you can do it. Good luck.............
if you need more information i'll try to help you or somebody else will answer you here in this forum. this is a very helpful forum. I also was succeeded bcoz of this forum........

Mrs.Elanzaoui

Sep 29, 2014
Thank you i appreciate ur reply... from what i understand he was denied because of his body language. .. the woman interviewing him stated that his body language didnt really show her he loved me... i did send in more proof.. videos pictures conversations but wasn't sure if i was able to take more when i go to the meeting... which is a video conference... is that normal? Most things i have read have said an in person conference but mine is on video... does anyone know like what questions they ask and how long the conference usually is... i sent in letters from my family but didnt sendnone in from myself didnt think i should where i was doing the conference but now im regretting it... should i write something and take it with me? Again thank you i appreciate the help

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
my husband is in Pakistan to visit me and our daughter. After his arrival i received refusal letter. can we file appeal from pakistan?