4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
gango girl said:
no dear your husband get a client id number & after the file transferred to the visa post in your country you get another different client id. both numbers show your ecas updates
but when you use your husband's client id, use your husband's details to fill in the blanks and when you go with your client id number go with your details to fill in the blanks
good luck....!!
Thank u gango girl n Ankit sonam. :-*

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Vijender_Rana said:
you mean Passport request after ecas changes to "Decision Made "??
Ya passport request after decision made. Its a different process after you win your appeal. Its not like that they will take your passport and keep it for months. So they request you at the last stage.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
mikeymyke said:
Joan, my dear, nobody's assuming things, only CIC assumes things because they do not have a crystal ball, so they have to make assumptions based on what they see.

Maybe you're just feeling nervous because the interview is coming up soon, if you and your husband really feel so strongly about your relationship as you mentioned, then really this interview should be a piece of cake, because you should be able to easily counter every single red flag the interviewer will present, so try not to worry so much. One lesson I've learned in life, is that don't worry about what others think, just worry about what you think.

I'll be waiting patiently on this forum to see how you guys did on the interview, and seeing as how strongly you support your relationship, I'm confident you guys will pass it with flying colors. Good luck.
dont address me as your dear please...thats very uncanadian and patronizing. but seriously i wish cic actually did look at things a bit differently, unfortunately just because of the criteria they use to determine what is genuine or not ..it may not be judged so. That is why i am on this forum. because AFTER submitting my application i came across it and realized that the so called red flags, which were not red flags for us can cause problems with our application. As i mentioned before i was hoping for some valuable advice, not judgemental prejudiced remarks from the likes of you. I would prefer if you did not address me ..even though you were sneaky enough to snoop out my name... but i am not naive enough to make my info public anywhere on the net..lol. i am still not sure at all how age or location can determine whether relationship is genuine or not. while i am completely sure our relationship is genuine..unfortunately i was not on this forum for 2 years preparing my application..therefore my relationship is not staged for immigration purposes and our situation may cause us some problems anyway. and i am not worried so much what some people think...only those that i respect.

M

mikeymyke

I seriously dont get it, I feel like Im trying to reassure u a little bit and you blast me for it, yet steerpike says to you "Are you going to whine to the govt when he dumps u", you dont even lift a finger, what he said was pretty offensive but u just let it go

Your reply to his post, seems rather timid reply against someone who says something like that:

Hello steerpike
i am not sure where you coming from with that comment. all i know is that i truly feel my relationship is genuine. I dont believe anybody would enjoy spending 2 hours everyday for 2 years with somebody just for the heck of it. and if he would leave once he gets here...by now i know him enough so that i dont believe that for one moment...but if he should it will be he whom i would blame not the government....if you have some explanation to your comment please let me know.

You take things way too seriously and stressing out over nothing. I even said Im confident you will pass because you were so sure abt ur relationship, well if steerpike can make that kind of remark and u dont defend urself with full force but get agitated when someone is trying to help u a little (maybe not in the way u prefer), then honestly I just leave whatever happens to ur hubby at the interview in God's hands now. good luck

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
mikeymyke said:
I seriously dont get it, I feel like Im trying to reassure u a little bit and you blast me for it, yet steerpike says to you "Are you going to whine to the govt when he dumps u", you dont even lift a finger, what he said was pretty offensive but u just let it go

Your reply to his post, seems rather timid reply against someone who says something like that:

You take things way too seriously and stressing out over nothing. I even said Im confident you will pass because you were so sure abt ur relationship, well if steerpike can make that kind of remark and u dont defend urself with full force but get agitated when someone is trying to help u a little (maybe not in the way u prefer), then honestly I just leave whatever happens to ur hubby at the interview in God's hands now. good luck
now here is couple of quotes from your posts addressed to me

Usually the younger, non-Canadian spouse has a greater incentive to enter Canada, and c an more easily manipulate an older Canadian spouse, than could a younger Canadian spouse, because an older Canadian spouse feels his/her life is shortening and wants to quickly find a life partner
A much older Canadian spouse who marries abroad, is very likely not to marry someone his own age, rather someone much younger, because in Canada, he does not want to marry an old woman, but he knows he cannot get a younger woman either due to his age. But a younger woman abroad who desires to come live abroad, will take up that opportunity.

As for a younger Canadian spouse, he/she wouldn't choose to marry a much older spouse abroad when he/she can just simply find a younger companion in Canada. But that's usually not the case for an older Canadian spouse because they either don't want to find someone "old" like themselves, or they know they have no chance getting a 20 year old girlfriend in Canada.

i am very curious how do you imagine you are helping anybody here? what you implying to me since you are addressing me...is what exactly? that i am old and my husband is using me for opportunity to come to canada? or that i am not able to find somebody in my country? you also marrying out of the country ..do you see any constructive advice in the above quotes? i already know what cic is looking for and what they are considering red flags...and also i am sure you are aware that nobody considers your theories on why older people marry younger people as help with the immigration process...lol. i am almost sure you know exactly what you doing..and if you are not then you need more good luck than me.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
soblue3 said:

Usually the younger, non-Canadian spouse has a greater incentive to enter Canada, and c an more easily manipulate an older Canadian spouse, than could a younger Canadian spouse, because an older Canadian spouse feels his/her life is shortening and wants to quickly find a life partner
A much older Canadian spouse who marries abroad, is very likely not to marry someone his own age, rather someone much younger, because in Canada, he does not want to marry an old woman, but he knows he cannot get a younger woman either due to his age. But a younger woman abroad who desires to come live abroad, will take up that opportunity.

As for a younger Canadian spouse, he/she wouldn't choose to marry a much older spouse abroad when he/she can just simply find a younger companion in Canada. But that's usually not the case for an older Canadian spouse because they either don't want to find someone "old" like themselves, or they know they have no chance getting a 20 year old girlfriend in Canada.

i am very curious how do you imagine you are helping anybody here? what you implying to me since you are addressing me...is what exactly? that i am old and my husband is using me for opportunity to come to canada? or that i am not able to find somebody in my country? you also marrying out of the country ..do you see any constructive advice in the above quotes? i already know what cic is looking for and what they are considering red flags...and also i am sure you are aware that nobody considers your theories on why older people marry younger people as help with the immigration process...lol. i am almost sure you know exactly what you doing..and if you are not then you need more good luck than me.
soblue I think you are misunderstanding what mikeymike was saying int he above quotes. He was just giving a general idea on the subject. You should not take it personally because he did not address it to you personally.

As for your situation, your chances of approval are about 50/50. Age difference alone does not make your CIC immigration case weak, but what adds to it is that you married on first meeting, different religious and cultural background. I am not saying anything about your marriage (yours may be the best marriage in the world) but from immigration's standpoint they will assess on probability of marriage of convenience.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
my dear friends here is a link which was in our letter from IAD to find the Minimum Necessary Income. but it doesnt show well.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/tribunal/iadsai/adrmar/Pages/guide_revenu_add.aspx.

please guide me to find the MNI for 2014. please i need it now and have no much time. i tried tried tried but couldnt find the correct one still for 2014. replies are much appreciated......... thanks
rathika i think you may know this dear... please help soon

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
soblue3 said:

As for constructive advice. I can only give you one.
At some point you have said that the reason why you married quickly on the first visit is because you could not have been alone with him because his family is very traditional. Now...whatever he does he should definitely not use this as the excuse for a quick marriage in his interview, think of something else. I will explain. So if his family is really that traditional, they would not allow him to marry someone who (a) is "much older" (your words) (b) someone who was married before and has kids (c) is not muslim (d) someone who's family they never met. By logic the VO would question this. The VO will be quite knowledgeable about what traditions exist in Tunisia. They will know that if family is traditional they would certainly not allow for your and his marriage to go ahead. Even in this day and age parents in that culture have a big say who their child marries (even if he/she is 30+), they cannot force them to marry someone but they can certainly oppose and the child 99% of the time will accept the parents' opposition and move on.

Reactions: Alicee

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
MofC2014 said:
As for constructive advice. I can only give you one.
At some point you have said that the reason why you married quickly on the first visit is because you could not have been alone with him because his family is very traditional. Now...whatever he does he should definitely not use this as the excuse for a quick marriage in his interview, think of something else. I will explain. So if his family is really that traditional, they would not allow him to marry someone who (a) is "much older" (your words) (b) someone who was married before and has kids (c) is not muslim (d) someone who's family they never met. By logic the VO would question this. The VO will be quite knowledgeable about what traditions exist in Tunisia. They will know that if family is traditional they would certainly not allow for your and his marriage to go ahead. Even in this day and age parents in that culture have a big say who their child marries (even if he/she is 30+), they cannot force them to marry someone but they can certainly oppose and the child 99% of the time will accept the parents' opposition and move on.
Hi thanks for your advice. You are absolutely right ..if his family was traditional..i think i said the society there is traditional..his family are not so much. i included some articles which i found on the internet which talk that in his country it is dangerous for unmarried couples to spend time alone. we would not have the chance to get to know each other even if i spend much time there because we would not be able to be alone. You know i am sure the Vos know that...if they know the culture there they are fully aware that people have been arrested even raped when found with a person whom they are not married to. Also, if the VO knows anything about muslim culture then of course they are also aware that muslim people are allowed to marry people of the book and also that the prophet of islam also married woman who was older than him. yet they give people hard time on those issues. yes in our application i have not addressed much of those issues because i did not even think those things were issues as i spend lot of time getting to know my husband and feel he is completely genuine. But i wrote the letter to the immigration that my husband is taking to the interview which addresses each of our issues and gives our point of view and some additional proofs regarding our situation. Just now i worry because i read here that sometimes the visa officers refuse to even look at extra evidence. With my application i submitted samples of our continued talking for the period of 2 years, screenshots, pictures from my visit there and letters from people who have talked to him on skype like friends and family. he is also taking additional printouts from the time we submitted our application till now and letters from his family. i really hope they give him the visa but if not we will go to appeal. We have so much evidence i have hard time imagining that somebody could think our relationship is not genuine. But of course i worry mostly about what kind of person will interview him..because after reading other peoples experiences it seems to me they can refuse just because of their personal feelings. and this is what sucks. he is going to take a translator with him to the interview just so he can have another person in there with him. He will answer what he can himself but i think its a good idea to have somebody with him. I also asked him to ask the officer at the end of the interview if and where he can get the notes...just to ensure the officer knows we will want the notes and writes them then not month later.
we have waited one year to meet because we wanted to know if our relationship survives. during that time we got to know each other as much as one can online and talked to each others friends and family on skype. His family talked to me before i went there and he said that although at first when he told them about me his mom was worried about him but after time they accepted the situation. she was also worried about him leaving the country and that she will not see him again. she said he can have a good life there why he wants to leave. They know life here is not as easy as some people imagine. they have family in europe. but really when i was there i felt like i was part of that family already ...they made me feel so comfortable i had no doubts about marrying him. It was hard to not have my own family and friends there but those were not regular circumstances and we hope to make another celebration here if he is allowed to come.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Is there a reason you are taking things personally? If someone talks about age(in general), you assume they are talking about you. If you are confident about your relationship(age, religion, culture, etc) why do the opinions/experiences of others bother you so much? The visa officers are not on this forum, so the people here are not the ones you need to convince. If I were you, I would take the red flags pointed out by others, work with your sposue to ensure you are both ready(if there is an interview) and let the chips fall where they may.

soblue3 said:
dont address me as your dear please...thats very uncanadian and patronizing. but seriously i wish cic actually did look at things a bit differently, unfortunately just because of the criteria they use to determine what is genuine or not ..it may not be judged so. That is why i am on this forum. because AFTER submitting my application i came across it and realized that the so called red flags, which were not red flags for us can cause problems with our application. As i mentioned before i was hoping for some valuable advice, not judgemental prejudiced remarks from the likes of you. I would prefer if you did not address me ..even though you were sneaky enough to snoop out my name... but i am not naive enough to make my info public anywhere on the net..lol. i am still not sure at all how age or location can determine whether relationship is genuine or not. while i am completely sure our relationship is genuine..unfortunately i was not on this forum for 2 years preparing my application..therefore my relationship is not staged for immigration purposes and our situation may cause us some problems anyway. and i am not worried so much what some people think...only those that i respect.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
SenoritaBella said:
Is there a reason you are taking things personally? If someone talks about age(in general), you assume they are talking about you. If you are confident about your relationship(age, religion, culture, etc) why do the opinions/experiences of others bother you so much? The visa officers are not on this forum, so the people here are not the ones you need to convince. If I were you, I would take the red flags pointed out by others, work with your sposue to ensure you are both ready(if there is an interview) and let the chips fall where they may.
the reason is those comments were addressed to me. and were not productive in any way. i just think if a person can not add something positive maybe they dont need to comment. i am not trying to convince anybody here just talking about my situation and facts. experiences of others do not bother me unless they are bad experiences or unfair ones because i do have empathy. but sexist, ageist, or racist talk bothers me much. does it not bother you?

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
While the last 3 pages were an interesting read, y'all do realize this thread is for those appealing their case....

Not those that want to give their opinions on other people's relationships, those waiting for an application they supposedly don't care is denied or not, and someone waiting for an interview.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Becki567 said:
While the last 3 pages were an interesting read, y'all do realize this thread is for those appealing their case....

Not those that want to give their opinions on other people's relationships, those waiting for an application they supposedly don't care is denied or not, and someone waiting for an interview.
yes you are right, the reason i posted here because i feel i am heading for appeal..thought maybe people who have been through the process have some good suggestions, did not mean for it to get out of hand..sorry about this.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
soblue3 said:
yes you are right, the reason i posted here because i feel i am heading for appeal..thought maybe people who have been through the process have some good suggestions, did not mean for it to get out of hand..sorry about this.
If you want some help/suggestions then I would start my own thread. Also, on the top right of the forum there is a search key that can be useful. Try searching some key words and you will be able to view lots of posts related to that.

Also, try and be positive. :) Good Luck to you