Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
Hina 123 said:
tunisianbride said:
Hi Hina. Do you have a lawyer or consultant helping you? Anyways, my lawyer told me that it's not that 'quantity' of proof, but the 'quality'. I didn't have a lawyer when I first submitted my application back in 2009, and since I thought that 'more' was better, I sent in everything I could get my hands on, which ended up being well over 1,000 pages! When I hired my lawyer after refusal and he saw how much proof I had sent in, he almost had a freakin' heart attack! As my lawyer, he is required to read through everything, and he was none too happy about this. The MC and Tribunal Member has to read it all too and maybe this is one reason it took 3 years to finish my appeal. ::) So my advice to you is to choose maybe one page of chat from each day that you talked. Sending them a bunch of chats where the 2 of you are saying 'I love u' and 'I miss you' is ok in small doses, but this is not really good proof or what they are looking for to prove your marriage is real. Try and choose chats where the two of you are talking about somewhat important or deeper things, like future plans, making decisions together, working out problems, 'anything' that proves that you are a genuine couple. Try and remember that it is the 'applicant' (the foreign spouse) that they generally don't believe, so it's her/his love that you need to try and prove more than your own. Family support is also important, so if you can get some of your family members to attend the full hearing, then this will help. Things like a life insurance policy naming your spouse as beneficiary and vice versa, a Will, proof of money transfers to your spouse and your spouse to you, anything that shows you are a real couple are all good proofs. Future plans are really important too. Have a plan for if you win, and a plan if you lose. This is all I can think of right now but if there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask and I will try and help.

Thank u soo much it wil really help me alot . we hired a lawyer n she is too much expensive but she didnt tell us that what we have to do for our proofs. she just said first go to pakistan for a visit (where i live) actually we r waiting for our papers from embassy . i received my rejection letter end of March 2013 so may b i will get my papers in August. so its mean proof should be quality wise good rather than quantity wise and one more thing last 3 months proof should be attached or what ?
Yes, keep collecting proof right up to the day you plan on submitting it (20 days before). And yes, going to Pakistan before your appeal, is definitely good! The more real time spent together, the better! Get lots of 'natural' (not posed, if possible) photos of you and your spouse together, and with family and friends. Keep all receipts, plane tickets, boarding passes, copy your visa stamps in your passport, and try & get more supporting letters from people who know both of you and know your marriage is real, because they have witnessed it.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
tunisianbride said:
Once my file when to scheduling, my lawyer informed me within 2 weeks our appeal date, since they had to arrange the date with him, not me. If you don't have a lawyer, they would contact you directly, of course, with the date.
hey first of all congrats....

and thankyou for replying....just have a question...how did u find out it went to scheduling? did you call iad to find out? cause you mentioned you were informed with in 2weeks..that's y I asked...I have a lawyer as well...can u guide me a little for me to get prepared well...

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
rathika2011 said:
hi rathika, my hubby used to call and call and they used to tell him to wait that its in line for scheduling date, and finally he got date foe sept, he had sent in appeal letter in dec 2011,we in toronto area, you should be getting a letter soon, they had called our lawyer to schedule date, and she told them she not working for toronto client, so they called my hubby, and he took the date and now he got the letter, and he going and see a lawyer

im reposting this..anyone can amswer this?

its been 1year and 7months sinced I appealed.. no word...till I started to call my case worker direct and started to ask her what's with my file for the past 2months? she always tell me nothing you just got to wait wait wait that's all she tells me ...but on Friday when I called her she said call her on Monday she will see if she can send my file to scheduling department...so today Monday I called her finally she said i'm gona send your file over to scheduling department..omg i'm so happy..but guys how long you guys think it will take the scheduling department to contact me with a appeal date? please answer with your experiences.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey thanks for ur reply...and wish u all the best for ur appeal...

how long ur husband had to wait after the file was with the scheduling department before he got the date?i also appealed my file in December 16 2011

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
rathika2011 said:
hey first of all congrats....

and thankyou for replying....just have a question...how did u find out it went to scheduling? did you call iad to find out? cause you mentioned you were informed with in 2weeks..that's y I asked...I have a lawyer as well...can u guide me a little for me to get prepared well...
Yes, I called IAD and they told me it went for scheduling. They have to choose a date when your lawyer is available, and sometimes, this could take time depending on how busy your lawyer is. Your lawyer will call you as soon as a date has been set, plus you will get a Notice of Appeal in the mail.

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Hi All,

Still waiting for any kind of response from the IRB office. Applied for appeal in August 2012, I received the record in February 2013. My lawyer has sent a request to schedule an ADR, but no response yet.

I will be going through the Vancouver office, but reside in Manitoba.

Can anyone provide a phone number i can call to find out if my file has been sent to scheduling?

Thanks Everyone.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
rathika2011 said:
i dont know when it went, so i would not be able to say how long it took, my appeal was file just around that same time with you, you should be hearing soon, they had called my lawyer with a date, and my lawyer told them she doesnt work for toronto clients, then they called my hubby and he took the date, so we have to work around that date now,do you have a lawyer? goodluck on hearing from them

hey thanks for ur reply...and wish u all the best for ur appeal...

how long ur husband had to wait after the file was with the scheduling department before he got the date?i also appealed my file in December 16 2011

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hi All,

Still waiting for any kind of response from the IRB office. Applied for appeal in August 2012, I received the record in February 2013. My lawyer has sent a request to schedule an ADR, but no response yet.

Can anyone provide a phone number i can call to find out if my file has been sent to scheduling?

Thanks Everyone.

Hi...I will also be going through the Vancouver office. I appealed in September 2012. Got my blue book in March 2013 and still waiting for an ADR date. They said it was with the scheduling department and my lawyer said its not normal to wait this long for a date. Confused why its taking so long. And lawyer won't follow up. Not sure if I should go over his head and send them a letter requesting for a date??? Someone please give me advise.

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
Does anyone have a number for the ADR department in Vancouver. I keep getting a recording but once got through and someone actually answered.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hi All,

Thanks Everyone.
IAD Vancouver:
Telephone: 604-666-5946 or 1-866-787-7472
Fax: 604-666-3043 (ID, RPD, IAD)

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
Newbie01 said:
Does anyone have a number for the ADR department in Vancouver. I keep getting a recording but once got through and someone actually answered.
I think you want the tel. number for IAD Vancouver. You can call them and ask for scheduling dept. 'if' you can get thru at either of these 2 numbers. I'm giving you a fax if you want to fax them too.

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
Hi all,

When I treid to phone the Vancouver office number i only recieved the automated message. How do you guys get in touch with the scheduling department or know that your file is sent to the scheduling department.

Thanks

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
tunisianbride said:
I think you want the tel. number for IAD Vancouver. You can call them and ask for scheduling dept. 'if' you can get thru at either of these 2 numbers. I'm giving you a fax if you want to fax them too.

Thank you so much!!

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hi all,

When I treid to phone the Vancouver office number i only recieved the automated message. How do you guys get in touch with the scheduling department or know that your file is sent to the scheduling department.

Thanks
I got through once and now I keep getting the automated message. They won't pick up anymore!!

eeza

May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013,package resent due to no med,24-02-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
tunisianbride said:
Hi Hina. Do you have a lawyer or consultant helping you? Anyways, my lawyer told me that it's not that 'quantity' of proof, but the 'quality'. I didn't have a lawyer when I first submitted my application back in 2009, and since I thought that 'more' was better, I sent in everything I could get my hands on, which ended up being well over 1,000 pages! When I hired my lawyer after refusal and he saw how much proof I had sent in, he almost had a freakin' heart attack! As my lawyer, he is required to read through everything, and he was none too happy about this. The MC and Tribunal Member has to read it all too and maybe this is one reason it took 3 years to finish my appeal. ::) So my advice to you is to choose maybe one page of chat from each day that you talked. Sending them a bunch of chats where the 2 of you are saying 'I love u' and 'I miss you' is ok in small doses, but this is not really good proof or what they are looking for to prove your marriage is real. Try and choose chats where the two of you are talking about somewhat important or deeper things, like future plans, making decisions together, working out problems, 'anything' that proves that you are a genuine couple. Try and remember that it is the 'applicant' (the foreign spouse) that they generally don't believe, so it's her/his love that you need to try and prove more than your own. Family support is also important, so if you can get some of your family members to attend the full hearing, then this will help. Things like a life insurance policy naming your spouse as beneficiary and vice versa, a Will, proof of money transfers to your spouse and your spouse to you, anything that shows you are a real couple are all good proofs. Future plans are really important too. Have a plan for if you win, and a plan if you lose. This is all I can think of right now but if there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask and I will try and help. ;)
hi ....just wanna ask..wont the VO ask for some more proofs before they reject the application?.. I mean if they are not satisfied, wont they request for other documents?..