+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I submit pcc and all forms on 27 January 2019 to cpc- Ottawa while medical done on 9th January But still upto now I can’t hear nothing even in gckey also they still says documents required and BGC still not start
I was hear that Ottawa is faster then LVO but I don’t think it’s real
They don't seem to update the online status regularly. Even after more than 2 months of submitting the updated forms, PCC and medicals the online status is the same. We did receive invitation to pre-arrival services mail 3 weeks ago.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Please anyone know how long it takes or wts the next step after u submit police certificate and updated forms and medical
Average 4 to 5 months. You don't need to do anything now. Just wait for the passport request. In between you will get invitation to pre-arrival services mail. Don't attach much importance to that mail as passport request can take a few days to a few months thereafter.

Shahzad latif

Sep 7, 2017
A
They don't seem to update the online status regularly. Even after more than 2 months of submitting the updated forms, PCC and medicals the online status is the same. We did receive invitation to pre-arrival services mail 3 weeks ago.
and which day you submit your forms and pcc
And your case also process from Ottawa???

Ana Paula

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
some questions they ask in the hearing.
1) When did you first come to Canada?
2) Under what category?
Previous Relationship
3) Have you been previously married or in a common law relationship?
4) If so, to whom and when?
5) When did you separate? Why?
6) When did you get divorced? Why?
7) Do you have children from your previous marriage? If so, what are their names and ages?
8) Do you have any contact with your ex-husband or common law partner?
Current Marriage
9) When did you meet your current spouse?
10) Describe the circumstances of your first meeting.
11) Who contacted who first? How?
12) When did you first meet in person?
13) Describe your first date?
14) Why were you attracted to your spouse?
15) What type of activities did you do together?
16) When did you meet his family and his friends?
17) When did he propose? How?
18) What did you say?
19) Was there an engagement ceremony? If so, please describe? If not, why not?
20) When did you get married?
21) Describe your wedding.
22) How many people were present?
23) Did you go on a honeymoon? When, where?
24) Did you ever live together? How long and where?
25) Describe a typical day with your husband?
Communication
26) How many times did you visit your spouse after wedding? Provide with dates.
27) When you are apart, how do you communicate with each other?
28) What do you talk about?
29) Do you send each other gifts or money? If so, what and how much?
30) What are your plans once your spouse moves to Canada?
31) Where will you live?
32) Are you planning on having children?
33) What do you like about your spouse?
34) What do you not like about your spouse?
35) When is his birthday?
36) What are his parent’s names?
Spousal Sponsorship Application and Interview
37) Why do you think your spousal sponsorship application was refused?
38) How did that make you feel?
39) What happened at the interview?
40) If this appeal was dismissed, what would you do?
41) Do you think your spouse married you in order to be able to come to Canada? If not, why?
42) Do you want to add anything else?

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Thankyou my dear friend Without your help I /we would not be in this place today We are so happy that finally we have the VISA at long last. You were right hubby would be here at the beginning of summer ;) Woo hoo!!! The Happy Dance is a great place to be finally!!! YA HOOOOOOOO!!!! :D XOXOXOXO Love you so much!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

how are you doing?

gsa77

Feb 20, 2019
I received refusal for my wife application yesterday. I did not sleep tonight reading this thread. I wish I new about this forum before.

She is from Dominican Republic. I am Canadian citizen originally from Russia. We met when I was in DR in December 2016, engaged in June 2017, married November 2017 and applied April 2018.

I have been to DR 11 times since we met.

I am 15 years older than her. She is 27 I am 42. She has a daughter whose father ran to Germany.

My parents could not come to the wedding - they live in Russia and are too old to travel that far. So we had guests only from her family at the wedding.

Before applying for sponsorship I applied for her visitor visa which was refused (they did not believe she would come back). She was married to a Canadian before who divorced her after her visitor visa to see him in Canada was refused for the same reason.

Refusal for our sponsorship application is that they think marriage is not genuine:

In coming to this conclusion I have considered your lack of shared language, your limited knowledge about your husband’s personal life in Canada and lack of common-interests or explanation as to what makes you compatible with your husband. Before arriving at my decision, I advised you of the specific concerns that I had identified in your case regarding your relationship with your sponsor, and asked you to address these issues. You were unable to provide a response that satisfied my concerns.

At the interview she could not tell them the name of the city I live in Canada (she has never been here - they did not let her visit me). Also she could not tell details how I came to Canada which I never told her. She speaks limited English and I speak limited Spanish, but I guess 400+ pages of Whatsapp chat transcript were not enough to prove that we can communicate.

I used a lawyer for the application.

Does it worth to appeal or should we just reapply? Should I use a lawyer for appeal?

Also if there is a hearing for appeal - is she supposed to come for it or do they call her during the hearing?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
I received refusal for my wife application yesterday. I did not sleep tonight reading this thread. I wish I new about this forum before.

She is from Dominican Republic. I am Canadian citizen originally from Russia. We met when I was in DR in December 2016, engaged in June 2017, married November 2017 and applied April 2018.

I have been to DR 11 times since we met.

I am 15 years older than her. She is 27 I am 42. She has a daughter whose father ran to Germany.

My parents could not come to the wedding - they live in Russia and are too old to travel that far. So we had guests only from her family at the wedding.

Before applying for sponsorship I applied for her visitor visa which was refused (they did not believe she would come back). She was married to a Canadian before who divorced her after her visitor visa to see him in Canada was refused for the same reason.

Refusal for our sponsorship application is that they think marriage is not genuine:

In coming to this conclusion I have considered your lack of shared language, your limited knowledge about your husband’s personal life in Canada and lack of common-interests or explanation as to what makes you compatible with your husband. Before arriving at my decision, I advised you of the specific concerns that I had identified in your case regarding your relationship with your sponsor, and asked you to address these issues. You were unable to provide a response that satisfied my concerns.

At the interview she could not tell them the name of the city I live in Canada (she has never been here - they did not let her visit me). Also she could not tell details how I came to Canada which I never told her. She speaks limited English and I speak limited Spanish, but I guess 400+ pages of Whatsapp chat transcript were not enough to prove that we can communicate.

I used a lawyer for the application.

Does it worth to appeal or should we just reapply? Should I use a lawyer for appeal?

Also if there is a hearing for appeal - is she supposed to come for it or do they call her during the hearing?
My case is very similar to yours. I appealed against the refusal and won without any help from a lawyer.
I think it's better to appeal rather than reapply. Visa officer may refuse again over one or two so called red flags. But success in an appeal is almost assured for genuine couples though the process is slow and may take a couple of years.
Spouse is contacted on phone during the hearing. If you are granted alternate dispute resolution conference your spouse won't be contacted at all. But the chances of success in ADR conference are only 50 percent.
I know how shattering is to get refusal letter. But keep persevering and you will definitely succeed.

Mozilla123

Feb 20, 2019
Hello
Don’t be so stressed I went through the same thing and I just won my appeal I did not use a lawyer .Your best bet is to get an immigration consultant if you are in Calgary I can give you the number of my immigration consultant,she is very professional and has never lost an appeal
Hello

Please i need help, we just got refused lastweek reasons "marriage not genuine" i am currently 7 months pregnant, i cant afford a lawyer right now please can i get the consultants number i live in Calgary/Edmonton.
Thank you