+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

MhissKris

Dec 27, 2018
Hello
Don’t be so stressed I went through the same thing and I just won my appeal I did not use a lawyer .Your best bet is to get an immigration consultant if you are in Calgary I can give you the number of my immigration consultant,she is very professional and has never lost an appeal
Can you let me know what to expect?

I've just sent off on Monday so I'm wondering, do they send an acknowledgment that they've received it? What should I be doing in the meantime?

I'm not currently in Calgary but I'll definitely look into a consultant, thanks for the suggestion

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Hello friends,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. My sponsorship was denied last month and I have filed Notice of Appeal, sent Monday of this week. I can't really afford a lawyer at this point after how much I've already spent and numerous trips to see my husband. The reason they gave was that they do not believe the marriage to be genuine or was entered into for the purpose of obtaining status.

I am wondering what to expect from here. We have used a lawyer thus far and I've been a long time lurker on the site but I am confused on my next steps. Does anyone have experience appealing without a lawyer? Also, can you me tips of what to do next and just a general break down of what to expect. I'm so lost

I appreciate your time :(
Marriage is not genuine is just a general reason that they used for your sponsorship being rejected. More often the real reason behind is related to age difference between the couple, culture differences, past immigration, marriage and sponsorship history of both husband and wife. If you plan to appeal it yourself without a lawyer, you can start reading up on the appeal cases from the canlii website to get some ideas about how people win their appeal. https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can you let me know what to expect?

I've just sent off on Monday so I'm wondering, do they send an acknowledgment that they've received it? What should I be doing in the meantime?

I'm not currently in Calgary but I'll definitely look into a consultant, thanks for the suggestion
Once your application is received, they will assign you a case worker. Once the case worker gets a chance to do a quick review of your case, they will contact you. Then they will request your "blue book" from cic, which has your entire file and all the notes, including what grounds the had to deny.. From there your case worker will ask you to provide whatever additional info or documentation you can to help prove that your relationship is ligit. Sooo many cases denied for this reason but many who appeal, often win, from what I've seen in here. Don't stress. They are just giving you a hard time. Good luck :)

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
Hi to every one here

This is not my situation but for general information purposes I'll like to get some input.

In the event a spouse sponsorship is denied because immigration believes the marriage is not genuine and was done for immigration status only

I understand that outland applicant's can appeal the matter

But appeals from my understanding is a long process

If the Canadian sponsor moves to the foreign spouse homeland country and live with him/her
For a year or more and then reapply can this further prove to immigration that the marriage is genuine

Regards

Ibraruddin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hello friends,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. My sponsorship was denied last month and I have filed Notice of Appeal, sent Monday of this week. I can't really afford a lawyer at this point after how much I've already spent and numerous trips to see my husband. The reason they gave was that they do not believe the marriage to be genuine or was entered into for the purpose of obtaining status.

I am wondering what to expect from here. We have used a lawyer thus far and I've been a long time lurker on the site but I am confused on my next steps. Does anyone have experience appealing without a lawyer? Also, can you me tips of what to do next and just a general break down of what to expect. I'm so lost

If you think the reason of refusal is simple and can be resolved via re- applying, then it would be better to do so, rather to go through appeal process. In appeal 8 months is a wait time for ADR which is also by chance, if ADR become unsuccessful then 1 year more will be the wait time. Altogether it takes 2 years till hearing date. I am also the victim and now is waiting for my hearing date.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi to every one here

This is not my situation but for general information purposes I'll like to get some input.

In the event a spouse sponsorship is denied because immigration believes the marriage is not genuine and was done for immigration status only

I understand that outland applicant's can appeal the matter

But appeals from my understanding is a long process

If the Canadian sponsor moves to the foreign spouse homeland country and live with him/her
For a year or more and then reapply can this further prove to immigration that the marriage is genuine

Regards
Yes

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello friends,

Hello! That's the most common excuse in the book to deny an application We appealed without a lawyer but our case was different from yours. We were denied due to crimality. From what I've read on here, There's a pretty good success rate for people who appeal genuineness cases. That's being said, I would wait until your assigned a case worker who can review your case, look at your supporting documents and see what your chances are.. In the meantime gather anything and everything you possibly can to show your relationship is ligit.

malicia

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
You lost your adr, right? Your waiting for ur full hearing? There x not much you can do, except give them stuff the dint have yet. Reciepts for financial support visits you've done since applying ect. If you lose the hearing, you can apply again. Living together helps ALOT. So I would try and make that happen
And what you sure do is open a life insurance and put you as the beneficiary that will help your case also when you sending the prove write since letter talking about the pain and suffering you will force if they don’t allow the appeal and how you and your applicant going to help Canada you have to show them you have a future plan for both of you

malicia

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi everyone on here am a bite confused I got a letter instructing me on how to get the imm5406 and imm5669 and imm0008 form and the medical and police record but the part that confuses me is that the information that was send to me it came from the Mexico D.F department I don’t know why cause am not a Mexican my question does that mean he need a rehabilitation letter from them and the next part is asking him to send IRB decision I am so confused right now help someone help please