+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
europearora said:
Hi,

do you know..

If files are handle in ottawa it process fast? our file is in ottawa after won the apeal
I read in another section that you are subject to ARC - Authorization to Return to Canada. That will probably delay things. As other people have already replied to you, it could result in delays of a month, a year, or even 2 years.

Winning the appeal only means you get back into the process stream. You are still subject to the medical, security, and background checks.

Lisaragoo

Nov 25, 2015
hi all!

My husband was DENIED PR Thursday February 10, 2017 :(

Our times lines are:
Applied May 20, 2016
Sponsor (Me) approved July 23, 2016
File sent to Havana July 29, 2016
letter for interview received Dec 8, 2016 for Feb 1, 2017 at 1130
Interview CHANGED Jan 26, 2017 to Feb 3, 2017 1030 (no reason given)
PR denied letter received via email

I faxed in the form that asks if I want to Appeal, on Feb 11, 2017 stating yes. But the form attached was page 1 of 2. No place for me to sign, date or for my email or phone # so I wrote it at the bottom.
Saw an immigration consultant, he said what I did is fine and if incomplete they will contact me, no need to re-send (b/c the 2nd page is to sign, date, email and phone# and I already put that down)

THEN my work building caught fire and I don't have that fax confirmation and won't have access to the building for at least 8 months

1.) should I call to ensure they received it? if so, where do I find the number?
2.) how long does it generally take them to get back to you with a date and time for ADR Mediation?

PS: I haven't quite gotten the hang of how to use this site except for reading.. ???

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Lisaragoo said:
hi all!

My husband was DENIED PR Thursday February 10, 2017 :(

Our times lines are:
Applied May 20, 2016
Sponsor (Me) approved July 23, 2016
File sent to Havana July 29, 2016
letter for interview received Dec 8, 2016 for Feb 1, 2017 at 1130
Interview CHANGED Jan 26, 2017 to Feb 3, 2017 1030 (no reason given)
PR denied letter received via email

I faxed in the form that asks if I want to Appeal, on Feb 11, 2017 stating yes. But the form attached was page 1 of 2. No place for me to sign, date or for my email or phone # so I wrote it at the bottom.
Saw an immigration consultant, he said what I did is fine and if incomplete they will contact me, no need to re-send (b/c the 2nd page is to sign, date, email and phone# and I already put that down)

THEN my work building caught fire and I don't have that fax confirmation and won't have access to the building for at least 8 months

1.) should I call to ensure they received it? if so, where do I find the number?
2.) how long does it generally take them to get back to you with a date and time for ADR Mediation?

PS: I haven't quite gotten the hang of how to use this site except for reading.. ???
Give it a bit more time. You (or your consultant, if you have one designated) should receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt by postal mail within a week or two of you sending in the appeal request. Did your consultant discuss the option of reapplying vs appeal with you?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
There is a phone number on the appeal notice that you can call to make sure they received it. If you put an email address for contact they will sent a file number to you as well. You can use that when you call for reference. It depends on where the appeal office is that will have your appeal it usually takes 30 days or so to get the info back with the file number.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
My wife mailed her passport to Beijing on Jan 28, 2017 and today she got her visa,passport and COPR back. About a 20 day turnaround. I think very fast.
How can she book a plane ticket without a credit card. I not sure if i can buy the ticket for her from Canada. Any ideas?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
wjmund said:
My wife mailed her passport to Beijing on Jan 28, 2017 and today she got her visa,passport and COPR back. About a 20 day turnaround. I think very fast.
How can she book a plane ticket without a credit card. I not sure if i can buy the ticket for her from Canada. Any ideas?
Talk to a travel agent; a chinese travel company might be best. I've bought tickets for overseas relatives through a travel agent, and it's pretty straightforward. They'll need to see the bio-page of the passport, probably the visa. Never had to buy a one-way ticket before, though. Travel agents also take cash.

immappeal1

Nov 3, 2016
I need to know something please, I’m sponsoring my husband and filing for an appeal, must I show up in person in Canada for the hearing or can I participate in hearing via phone if I was out of Canada with my husband and if I can participate by phone from outside Canada does this change anything in the process of the appeal? Thank you very much in advance for any help.

client2016

Aug 17, 2016
hy guys please help me I am facing hard time alot...... please tell me about the contact number of Pakistani professional lawyer in Pakistan????I need help plz

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
client2016 said:
hy guys please help me I am facing hard time alot...... please tell me about the contact number of Pakistani professional lawyer in Pakistan????I need help plz
You need to be more specific. Is this about your immigration appeal, a related family matter, a criminal or criminal record matter, etc. ? All your previous postings have been mostly one-liners, and there is not enough information to form a picture of your situation to be able to help you in any way.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
immappeal1 said:
I need to know something please, I’m sponsoring my husband and filing for an appeal, must I show up in person in Canada for the hearing or can I participate in hearing via phone if I was out of Canada with my husband and if I can participate by phone from outside Canada does this change anything in the process of the appeal? Thank you very much in advance for any help.
I've read in this forum, of people who have "phoned it in" for a hearing. These are in circumstances where the hearing is in Montreal, but the sponsor lives in the Maritimes, for example. And they were successful.

In fact, the applicant, and most witnesses would be testifying over the telephone in most cases.

The applicant can't be in the room (or listening in on an extension) while the sponsor is testifying. They also can't communicate with each other for the duration of the hearing. I'm not sure how that could be assured if you are both phoning in, and both living together.

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
Everything is almost finished my wife and daughter get Passports back next wednesday! Just have to work on getting them home

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Talon59 said:
Everything is almost finished my wife and daughter get Passports back next wednesday! Just have to work on getting them home
Wow, judging from your timeline, it's taken a very long time. Congratulations, i wish you a happy lifetime together.

immappeal1

Nov 3, 2016
wait_so_long said:
I've read in this forum, of people who have "phoned it in" for a hearing. These are in circumstances where the hearing is in Montreal, but the sponsor lives in the Maritimes, for example. And they were successful.

In fact, the applicant, and most witnesses would be testifying over the telephone in most cases.

The applicant can't be in the room (or listening in on an extension) while the sponsor is testifying. They also can't communicate with each other for the duration of the hearing. I'm not sure how that could be assured if you are both phoning in, and both living together.
That's quite understandable. Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated.

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Hello please it's been three weeks since I've sent passport to Accra visa office but no pickup mail please any idea on how long passports stay at embassy ?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
immappeal1 said:
That's quite understandable. Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated.
If you are considering this, I would advise that you contact the IAD office that is responsible for your case and see if it is allowable. Eye contact and body language are a big part of communication, and you will be losing out on that. Do you have a lawyer or consultant working on your behalf in Canada?