+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
In exactly 3 days it will be a year since we applied and still no news, someone told me that if they would need an interview I would hear from them earlier (at 7-8 months after we applied).
I ordered notes almost 2 months ago and they just came yesterday , no news...the only think I was happy to see that they included all the additional proof I sent after we applied (we sent 2 time online, and one time a big package of proof via courier). So we have to wait and see what is going to happened since the processing time for our VO is 13 months and we almost achieve it.

Hema66666666

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Hi wintersnow

I am sponsor
I sponsered my X spouse
She collected some Social Assistance from Government.
Which I repaid and after submitting file
Because I come to know that I am not eligible for sponsership after I submitted my file in acknowledgement letter from Embassy

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Hema66666666 said:
Hi wintersnow

I am sponsor
I sponsered my X spouse
Because I come to know that I am not eligible for sponsership after I submitted my file in acknowledgement letter from Embassy
I think IamBule's comment above is correct

M

mikeymyke

Hema66666666 said:
Hi wintersnow

I am sponsor
I sponsered my X spouse
Are you sure she isnt collecting it again?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Also, when does your responsibilities for your previous sponsorship agreement end? Currently, I believe it is three years, but it wasn't that long ago when it was ten years for a spouse.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
I read OP'S other posts and from what I've gathered OP paid the money back after being found ineligible to sponsor and app already forwarded, and sent the VO the reciepts expecting them to approve the PR app because the debt was paid. But as OP was already ineligible what they need to do is reapply. Appealing will go nowhere and is a waste of time.

It doesn't matter that the debt is repaid because the decision of ineligible to sponsor had already been made and file continued to be processed because that's what box was checked off to do in such case. Paying the debt after sponsor decision was made doesn't change the decision. OP should take the advice given and reapply now that debt is paid.

OP has been told this same thing in other threads as well.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Hi guys I had full hearing on August 16 and didn't get decision dat day as judge has to go for his medical and said he ll give his decision in 60 days m so worried dnt know wot ll b his decision minister counsel was against us but judge didn't ask me any question and he asked question to my husband only related to my family which he replied correctly as minister counsel was keep asking and was keep on saying dat my husband o lyf want to get in Canada dats y he applied for student vis earlier but refused but judge didn't question my hubby bout dis now my question is that can he refuse him bcos of he tried student visa and refused otherwise our interview and cross examination was Gud he answer the same as my answers. Pls reply if anyone hv any of u had similar situation like me.thanx.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
jaycee4sweet said:
Hi guys I had full hearing on August 16 and didn't get decision dat day as judge has to go for his medical and said he ll give his decision in 60 days m so worried dnt know wot ll b his decision minister counsel was against us but judge didn't ask me any question and he asked question to my husband only related to my family which he replied correctly as minister counsel was keep asking and was keep on saying dat my husband o lyf want to get in Canada dats y he applied for student vis earlier but refused but judge didn't question my hubby bout dis now my question is that can he refuse him bcos of he tried student visa and refused otherwise our interview and cross examination was Gud he answer the same as my answers. Pls reply if anyone hv any of u had similar situation like me.thanx.
I m still waiting for the decision. I called twice IAD but they said the decision is still pending and still with the IAD MEMBER. So worried.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
I m still waiting for the decision. I called twice IAD but they said the decision is still pending and still with the IAD MEMBER. So worried.
Just be patient and wait for the decision. They said they'll have the decision in 60 days; it's been barely 15 days and you've already called them twice? In the mind of the IAD member assessing the case, he/she would probably be thinking why is this person trying to rush the decision? Is there something this person doesn't want us to find out?

You need to tell yourself that both the IAD and the minister's counsel are looking after your best interests. To make sure you're not being scammed. Your mind is clouded by love; whereas they can be a little more objective, with a touch of cynicism thrown in, because they've likely seen it before.

I wish you the best, and hopefully your worries will be for naught, and you will find happiness in your future, whatever form it takes.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
wait_so_long said:
Just be patient and wait for the decision. They said they'll have the decision in 60 days; it's been barely 15 days and you've already called them twice? In the mind of the IAD member assessing the case, he/she would probably be thinking why is this person trying to rush the decision? Is there something this person doesn't want us to find out?

You need to tell yourself that both the IAD and the minister's counsel are looking after your best interests. To make sure you're not being scammed. Your mind is clouded by love; whereas they can be a little more objective, with a touch of cynicism thrown in, because they've likely seen it before.

I wish you the best, and hopefully your worries will be for naught, and you will find happiness in your future, whatever form it takes.
Thanx a lot for ur reply I know I shouldn't call them but I was so restless those days so I did but now I know I wouldn't do it again but I hv a question as u said minister counsel and judge are looking after our best interests so dat mean still minister counsel is playing his role after the hearing I mean again judge and minister counsel sitting together to make decision bout my case as minister counsel was not in my favour at all m so afraid now

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
wait_so_long said:

Thanx a lot for ur reply I know I shouldn't call them but I was so restless those days so I did but now I know I wouldn't do it again but I hv a question as u said minister counsel and judge are looking after our best interests so dat mean still minister counsel is playing his role after the hearing I mean again judge and minister counsel sitting together to make decision bout my case as minister counsel was not in my favour at all m so afraid now
No need to be afraid. The minister's counsel's role is done at the end of the hearing. All their arguments have to be done in the presence of you and your lawyer. The judge alone makes the decision.

Actually I probably misspoke when I said the minister's counsel can be objective. That's probably not the case in an adversarial system. But the judge should be objective.

Everything I have said should be taken with a grain of salt. Except for a handful of commercial law courses in university, I know nothing about law. And my particular case has not gone to hearing yet, so I can't even speak from experience.

How did your lawyer feel at the end of your hearing? Your lawyer should still be able to advise you on these matters until the decision has been rendered.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
wait_so_long said:
No need to be afraid. The minister's counsel's role is done at the end of the hearing. All their arguments have to be done in the presence of you and your lawyer. The judge alone makes the decision.

Actually I probably misspoke when I said the minister's counsel can be objective. That's probably not the case in an adversarial system. But the judge should be objective.

Everything I have said should be taken with a grain of salt. Except for a handful of commercial law courses in university, I know nothing about law. And my particular case has not gone to hearing yet, so I can't even speak from experience.

How did your lawyer feel at the end of your hearing? Your lawyer should still be able to advise you on these matters until the decision has been rendered.
My lawyer I called him next day of my hearing he just did our side is strong everything went well only one negative thing was bout his student visa was refused earlier otherwise we did a Gud job after I didn't bother him .

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
My lawyer I called him next day of my hearing he just did our side is strong everything went well only one negative thing was bout his student visa was refused earlier otherwise we did a Gud job after I didn't bother him .
Hopefully he made a strong case, and you were confident during the hearing. A little nervous is okay, though.

Was your husbands failed student visa right before he met you, after he met you, or a long time ago? Did you openly declare it in your forms, where they asked about such things?

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
wait_so_long said:
Hopefully he made a strong case, and you were confident during the hearing. A little nervous is okay, though.

Was your husbands failed student visa right before he met you, after he met you, or a long time ago? Did you openly declare it in your forms, where they asked about such things?
I met my hubby online on 24 May 2011 and he applied for his study visa on 13 June 2011 and got refused in July somewhere and this was already mention in the bb and I told them that I encourage him to apply for student visa do he did but they dnt believe it they said he is using me to come to Canada only. But my husband gave him all the answers for their questions as he is almost finishing his post graduation in computer application. And he said he dnt need to use me to come to Canada he hv more opportunities in India as well as he told me so many times to come bk n stay with him in India but I hv my three kids did me do I can't leave them nd go as I dnt hv sole custody.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
I met my hubby online on 24 May 2011 and he applied for his study visa on 13 June 2011 and got refused in July somewhere and this was already mention in the bb and I told them that I encourage him to apply for student visa do he did but they dnt believe it they said he is using me to come to Canada only. But my husband gave him all the answers for their questions as he is almost finishing his post graduation in computer application. And he said he dnt need to use me to come to Canada he hv more opportunities in India as well as he told me so many times to come bk n stay with him in India but I hv my three kids did me do I can't leave them nd go as I dnt hv sole custody.
Sounds like you have a pretty convincing argument, as long as you also had the evidence to back it up. Worst case would have been if he had met you right after his failed Student Visa, and you didn't declare it in your PRV application. Good luck.

ETA: Within 3 weeks of meeting, he already wanted to come to Canada to meet you? And rather than just getting a temporary visitor visa, he applied for a student visa? Where was he going to stay? Did he already have family or friends in Canada? Why was the application for student visa refused? What if things had not worked out between the two of you? I don't expect answers to these - just some red flags that popped into my head when I thought about your case. Both your lawyer and the minister's counsel would have had much more time to think about it, and what indicators to look for.