+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

4evernlove

May 6, 2014
I just thought it would be a good thing to post as it may give someone hope.

I have been in this immigration journey 5 going on 6 years now & Thank God finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Application began in 2010 it took 3 yrs (2013) before we received the rejection letter that visa will not be granted as Authorization to Return was denied.

Then began our appeal process two years wait period from receipt of Blue book which came within 3 mths.

Had 2 sittings for the appeal last one being in September. Results received in December - Appeal Allowed. Thank God. Now we wait to resume processing.

For those who are waiting and are feeling frustrated and despondent do not loose hope. Do not spend each waking moment thinking about immigration but instead occupy yourself and continue to live as best you can. Keep hope alive, Do all you can to improve your case & chances and do not stress over things that are out of your control.

I hope this gives someone renewed hope.

greenrider

Nov 27, 2015
MaryL said:
Yes of course I have thought of that. The lawyer wanting to make more money or truly just helping us. I have had the file since early Nov. Trying to make best decision for our case.
@maryl
IAD does not have a point of service office in Saskatchewan, so if selected for ADR should have to go over to Calgary or Edmonton office, for that reason lawyers in Saskatchewan do not prefer ADR and just say that it will not be productive, but based on the discussion on this thread , I guess we have 50% chances and it would be at least a year early when compared to full hearing.
I am from Saskatoon and have not hired a lawyer just for the reason that if selected for an ADR, I would like to represent myself, but if it is a full hearing then I would hire a lawyer.

greenrider

Nov 27, 2015
TRUE LOVE said:
Need some help my application was refused dec 16 I received refusal letter on 23rd but my sponsor have not received yet in Canada it's been 2 week I am worried that we have 30 days some one told me to apeal or its 30 days from the day sponsor receive appeal documents ?should I email London that we have not received our apeal documents ?
I had similar situation, called IAD, they asked me to apply with the copy of the refusal letter that my wife had received, and then I could forward the copy that I will receive later.
so it will be good to start the process with whatever information you have. Actually the sponsor will receive the same copy that the applicant received. Hope this helps

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
TRUE LOVE said:
Need some help my application was refused dec 16 I received refusal letter on 23rd but my sponsor have not received yet in Canada it's been 2 week I am worried that we have 30 days some one told me to apeal or its 30 days from the day sponsor receive appeal documents ?should I email London that we have not received our apeal documents ?
Hey TRUE LOVE how are you doing today... the only thing you need to do is tell your sponsor that you going to send the decision letter to them by fax or email... once them get that letter from you then he can go online on the cic.gc.ca website and download the form for appeal, then can fill it out and send it in.... that is what me and my wife did until my wife got the decision letter in her mail in canada.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
4evernlove said:

I have been in this immigration journey 5 going on 6 years now & Thank God finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Application began in 2010 it took 3 yrs (2013) before we received the rejection letter that visa will not be granted as Authorization to Return was denied.

Then began our appeal process two years wait period from receipt of Blue book which came within 3 mths.

Had 2 sittings for the appeal last one being in September. Results received in December - Appeal Allowed. Thank God. Now we wait to resume processing.

For those who are waiting and are feeling frustrated and despondent do not loose hope. Do not spend each waking moment thinking about immigration but instead occupy yourself and continue to live as best you can. Keep hope alive, Do all you can to improve your case & chances and do not stress over things that are out of your control.

Congrats 4evernlove on winning your appeal.... I so happy for you...you can sure sleep better in your bed now... welcome to the club now so you can sit back have a drink and enjoy the ride.....lol

Reactions: Alicee

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
4evernlove said:

+1 for the positivity 8)

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
I would like to send a copy of appeal allowed information to Ottawa office but I don't know the address. Can someone that have done share it pls and thank you.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
TRUE LOVE said:
Hello True Love and anyone that what the forms for the appeal process that have not got the appeal form from the visa office..... Here is the link that you can use to get the forms for the appeal....

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Documents/IadSai428_e.pdf

but make sure when you are sending your request for an appeal check the address for the IRB office close to your province

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
preetsarab18 said:
Is anyone sure about the police clearance certificate validity...... is tht for 3 months or 6 months or one year ..n i want to know i have been to usa and have the last criminal record clearance in 2012 after that i didnt go to usa ....do i need to get the updated one or tht wd work as i didnt go to usa again...n can anyone tell me the processing from tht we won the ADR 18 nov 2015 n got the letter of confirmation on 26 nov ..still no replies ....can anyone tell about how we gonna be informed by email or post....n do we need to send the the approval letter of ADR to ottawa n if yes ..can you please tell me where to send n whom to address the letter...
Hey preetsarab18 How are you doing today. yes is timeline is very close during our appeal process..... What you can do like i see someone on the appeal forum did is email them a copy of of the decision letter to ottawa showing that you won your appeal hearing and hopefully they will pull your file up. My wife did that but we still have not heard anything from ottawa as yet concerning our application... Our lawyer told us that it would take about 2 months to get the visa but from reading on the appeal forum it take about 5-8 month for visa to be issue. Maybe it will be alittle bit faster but the quickest i seen is 3 months and that was the person who email ottawa and send them there decision letter and they got the copr letter in the mail. When you look at that person he or she was living in the untied states and ottawa what the one dealing with his sponsorship application for the start of the process so that why i see they got threw withing 3 month...... the only way they can ask for a dna test is if the sponsor is a canadian citizen before the child was born and they filing for automatic citizenship for that child separate but if the sponsor is filing for you and the child at the same time then you wont need a dna test. what you need to do is called the cic and tell them that your address have been change so that they can know that also even though you email them to change it for you. I hope this help you .........Maddants

we should here from ottawa sometime in this month... I glad the holiday have pass so they can get back to working on our paper works. if i hear anything i will sure let you know. Have your ecas been activated as yet. ours is not working as yet either

Your inbox is full so i had to post it here

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Wintersnow, the quote I got was for about 5 grand for the whole appeal. Start to finish. So far I pay about 500 in trust. I would have 2 yrs to pay.
Greenrider, I assumed with the name you were from sask too. I am aware of having to travel to Alta for ADR. Would be no problem for that. How long you been waiting and thru what visa office.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
MaryL said:
Wintersnow, the quote I got was for about 5 grand for the whole appeal. Start to finish. So far I pay about 500 in trust. I would have 2 yrs to pay.
Greenrider, I assumed with the name you were from sask too. I am aware of having to travel to Alta for ADR. Would be no problem for that. How long you been waiting and thru what visa office.
$5000 is reasonable. Like I said, I think ADR is worth it if it's included in the fee.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
MaryL said:
Hey MaryL how are you doing. If your appeal is in vancouver and you live in a different province like Alberta, Sask., Manitoba you dont have to travel out of province for your ADR or full hearing because the have offices that minister counsel and tribunal officers travel to those province but the thing is that those province might get visit like 2-4 times a year from the minister counsel or the tribunal officer....that is what i read on this appeal forum.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Yes my husband and I are aware of that fact. Our lawyer told us they come about 6 times a year. That is okay for now, as it means no cost in travel for me, lawyer or witnesses. Just means a longer wait.

greenrider

Nov 27, 2015
MaryL said:
@MaryL - Just appealed in Nov 2015, Yes I am from Saskatoon. Yet to receive my blue book

greenrider

Nov 27, 2015
MaryL said:
Yes my husband and I are aware of that fact. Our lawyer told us they come about 6 times a year. That is okay for now, as it means no cost in travel for me, lawyer or witnesses. Just means a longer wait.
@MaryL - I had talked to a lawyer in Regina, he said that he had to go to Calgary office for an ADR of his client in Regina, and he said he would charge me for his travel to Calgary if my case is selected for an ADR.
that is when I decided not to hire a lawyer before ADR.