+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Fa93

Jun 1, 2017
Hey my husband spousal application is in process its been one month am waiting for sponsor approval after that am thinking of applying visitor visa for him after i get the uci number ..how good are the chances for pakistanis as he also have U.S travel history a year ago

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Are you applying online or paper based ?
When you prepare to apply online after eligibility check a list of docs and forms is listed for your application to be submitted and if they need a copy of marriage certificate or not you should provide it as it will be strong tie to pakistan for you if spouse resides here
In general they have listed marriage certificate but if you go to Abu Dhabi office's list of documents, they have not mentioned it there and thats making me confuse.

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hello all,

Back on the forum again after getting our PR and landing last year. We are in the process of applying for a visit visa for my brother in law. I have few questions for seniors please.

1. It seems that online application is faster, flexible and most preferred
2. Purpose of visit should be? A. To see family B. Tourism. It seems both can apply.
3. For online application, only follow the personalized docs checklist or generic list which is available online?
4. Does Islamabad has any specific docs or forms for online application?
5. Avg processing time for online apps for Islamabad?
6. Online apps are processed in Islamabad or somewhere else?
7. Any other tips or docs which can help convince the VO?

Thanks.
1 both are equally good paper is better submitted in one go biometrics passport everything no need to come again
2 to see family is an edge
3there is only one list for documents attached follow the documents as listed
4 no specific documents for islamabad they are all universal
5 27 days if no further verification required it may be 2 months if verification is required or more documents required
6 scanned and uploaded for abudhabi for visa decision by the visa officer stationed there
7. show solid ties to pakistan that he will return property tax bank statement travel history
reason of travel , ties in pak and ca , bank statement, job position,

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In general they have listed marriage certificate but if you go to Abu Dhabi office's list of documents, they have not mentioned it there and thats making me confuse.
I applied online and after eligibility check got a list of docs provided by system to upload with forms in which marriage certificate was mandatory without that application wont be count as completed

samaab87

May 25, 2017
Hi everyone

Regarding Family Information (IMM5645) form:

All my father's siblings have died and there is no record of their date of birth as they were born pre-partition. What should he put in the date of birth along with parents?

Also should he write in the explanation letter regarding the fact that they are deceased and there is no record of their date of birth etc? Please help!

jamclick

Feb 26, 2017
My wife's parents visit visa application is now in it's 3rd year. The status is that it is still in processing.
My wife's father is a retired high ranking police officer (just to give context) and based on our information from embassy, the clearance part is taking time. We also got to know that eventually CIC rejects applications for police officers/army officers after a long delay.

Has anybody else been through the same situation and can possibly guide us on how to get the application approved (or any other suggestion)?

Thanks in advance!

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
My wife's parents visit visa application is now in it's 3rd year. The status is that it is still in processing.
My wife's father is a retired high ranking police officer (just to give context) and based on our information from embassy, the clearance part is taking time. We also got to know that eventually CIC rejects applications for police officers/army officers after a long delay.

Has anybody else been through the same situation and can possibly guide us on how to get the application approved (or any other suggestion)?

Thanks in advance!
it is almost a refusal i dont know why they take so much time for retired police/army officers and eventually refuse them even background checks cant take so much of time

Enchanter

Sep 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

My father is in pakistan and I want to apply for his visitor visa but due to my income I dont think I can sponsor him. I have very good friend who is financially strong and he is willing to sponsor my father but he is from India. If he writes an invitation letter for my father are there any chances that he will get visitor visa? My father had a business and is currently doing nothing. Doesnot have strong bank statements or property to show strong ties? Also he is living alone because all my siblings are in other countries and I am desparate to call him to canada.

thanks

Rim1

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Dear Rubab11,

What is your husband status in Canada i.e on work permit, student or immigrant?

What docs u were attached last year?

In fact, there are very minor ratios of professional people who get TRV from Pakistan. Many cases reject on such basis that u will not leave Canada at the end of your stay or poor travel history and insufficient funding. As ur husband is already in Canada therefore i think VO (Visa Officer) was rejected ur case upon thinking that u will not leave Canada. It means ur ties are not strong with your home country in such scenario.

Therefore i think you should follow the below mentioned plan if you can:

According to my point of view, ur case is strong as u r working a full time professional job. I will advise you that find and register a medical conference (relevant to your field) in Canada and then apply for TRV with multiple entries. Also remember, attach all your official letters i.e approved leave plan, Work employment letter (Salary and other benefits should be written), your employment status, invitation letter from conference organizer etc along ur case. It will be more helpful for your visa if u get any medical training/workshop certificate from Pakistan also.

Inshallah your chances of getting visa are high. If you need further assistance, let me know on this forum. Thanks

Regards
Waqar Ahmad
(Canada TRV Approved)
Waqar i want to.apply canada visit visa.pl guide me

Sazm

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hi
After paper based application refusal.
How much time it take to get your PASSPORT back?

I applied for me n kids on 20th April.
Linked online
Refusal letter online 15 may.
Still today....application in progress.
Not received PASSPORT.

What to do?

samaab87

May 25, 2017
I applied online and passports are requested if visa is approved , i will suggest you to apply online as its easy and simple plus you can submit more docs where VFS is not allowing it as they have instructions from embassy
Its been seen pakistanis are getting decision bit late and today is 64 th day i got PPR Alhamdulillah, i have seen one similiar case from January it took same time 64 days

Best of luck guys
Feeling blessed after frusting longggg wait
Hey. When did you submit your passport? And did you receive it back yet?

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AssalamoAlikum,

I applied paper based application for my parents under Super Visa Category in late April, Linked applications online and unfortunately got Refusal letter online in May.

I am just curious when we will receive the PP back from Embassy? Its been more than a month that we are waiting for PP.

Anyone on this forum had this situation and what he/she did to inquire about PP return other than having patience?

Jun 8, 2017
Hi
After paper based application refusal.
How much time it take to get your PASSPORT back?

I applied for me n kids on 20th April.
Linked online
Refusal letter online 15 may.
Still today....application in progress.
Not received PASSPORT.

What to do?
Did you received the passport yet or not and if received the decision is same as online you was check.

Jun 8, 2017
AssalamoAlikum,

I applied paper based application for my parents under Super Visa Category in late April, Linked applications online and unfortunately got Refusal letter online in May.

I am just curious when we will receive the PP back from Embassy? Its been more than a month that we are waiting for PP.

Anyone on this forum had this situation and what he/she did to inquire about PP return other than having patience?
Total how many days are gone after online refusal letter received.