+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

frange

May 25, 2018
Someone said the judge asked for the driver's license... which makes me wonder.... what if I have applied in Ontario because I live in Ontario at the moment, but some of my paperwork is still in Quebec ? For instance my health insurance is in Quebec as I get exempted from the residency requirement as a federal government employee (and I do not yet qualify for Ontario health insurance since minimum residency is 6 months), plus my driver's license, I have maintained it , and have not exchanged it for an Ontario driver's license. Will that be a problem?? I fail to see why it would be... but they might not like someone who is in limbo situation paperwork-wise between two provinces?
Hi;
I would to know how was the process for you because I am at the same situation? Did they ask you about this? Reside in Quebec and still have Ontario ID and vice versa?

Thank you!!!!!

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi;
I would to know how was the process for you because I am at the same situation? Did they ask you about this? Reside in Quebec and still have Ontario ID and vice versa?

Thank you!!!!!
Hey frange, I still don't have my test date... still waiting.
Basically, I changed my address online when I moved, and I got mail forwarding just in case...
They updated my mailing address on ECAS soon after.. but I still didn't know if they had moved my file to my new province (sometimes they say they will not accept the change if they suspect the person did it because they thought things would go faster in the other province).

I did not have any cards from Ontario. All my cards were from the other province, which is where I moved to again...
I just managed to get a hold of an agent, when I called, and she told me that my file had been transferred to the local office in the province where I have moved, and that all is looking good.

Hope that helps.

goodkarma

Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys,

I am an Ottawa applicant for citizenship. I just received my fingerprint request. I am just wondering what place would be the fastest to send this? Is there a RCMP office in Ottawa or any other? I know Ottawa Police will not do fingerprinting for citizenship purposes.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi guys,

I am an Ottawa applicant for citizenship. I just received my fingerprint request. I am just wondering what place would be the fastest to send this? Is there a RCMP office in Ottawa or any other? I know Ottawa Police will not do fingerprinting for citizenship purposes.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you.
I'm not an expert but when I went for my test/interview earlier this month, I saw a place on bank street (off queen street) that had a sign board saying that they do finger print requests. Good Luck :)

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
We are not that lucky!!
Almost four months after test and no DM!
Even I had ordered ATIP notes in April and after 2 months I have not received the notes. I have sent an email to them last week. They have confirmed that they have received the request an they should have sent the notes to me in May but due to whatever they have not been able and they will send it as soon as possible. I don't understand why sending a PDF file is that hard. This process can be fully automated. Anyway, the whole waiting is frustrating :)

Reactions: Sonamal

Sonamal

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Almost four months after test and no DM!
Even I had ordered ATIP notes in April and after 2 months I have not received the notes. I have sent an email to them last week. They have confirmed that they have received the request an they should have sent the notes to me in May but due to whatever they have not been able and they will send it as soon as possible. I don't understand why sending a PDF file is that hard. This process can be fully automated. Anyway, the whole waiting is frustrating :)
I knowww! Same story here! Let's hope our frustration comes to an end soon!