+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Ottawa October applicants

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
HI everyone,
I am happy to announce that as an october 2017 applicant, I finally got my test invite today from the ottawa office! Unbelievable!!! and I am very happy with the speed of the processing! does anyone know based on their experience how long it took them to be invited to an oath ceremony after the test?

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
HI everyone,
I am happy to announce that as an october 2017 applicant, I finally got my test invite today from the ottawa office! Unbelievable!!! and I am very happy with the speed of the processing! does anyone know based on their experience how long it took them to be invited to an oath ceremony after the test?
Congrats ! You should be able to have a pretty good idea by browsing the 29 previous pages of this threat and/or taking a look at the google speadsheet. GL

koxinel

Dec 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

Such an awesome feeling to be a Canadian citizen!

Everything was straightforward today at the Oath Ceremony.

Most people were dressed in a nice, elegant way. All they asked at check in was the signed forms from the email as well as the PR card (they will keep it with them, not needed any more! :))

There were almost as many guests as new citizens, lots of people taking pics and videos.

After saying the oath in a collective way with the judge, everyone is called individually to receive their Citizenship Certificate and sign the last form.

After that we had the option to take a picture with the judge (she was really nice!).

Overall an awesome experience... Good luck everyone!

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Proudly announced, we are now (me & my husband) Canadian Citizen. (Ottawa : 235 Queen St at 1PM)

It was a nice ceremony, clicked lot of pics n video. Thx everyone for guiding me through out the journey.

All the Best who are waiting for that test n oath.

Best Wishes.:):)

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi,

Can somebody please let me know if one gets an email for oath invitation or is it by canada post?

Thanks

malikumershaheen

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Status changed to decision made - 4 weeks ago but no update for oath.
Should i call cic or wait?
Whats the typical wait between DM and oath letter?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I did my Test On Feb.21
No update so far, no DM
What did the officer say to you during the interview? Any concerns?

QAZ123

Nov 24, 2012
What did the officer say to you during the interview? Any concerns?
She told me there is no big concern and no need my action.
She needed to verify my travel record (I had a few travels, 5 in totals).
She told me that I would have a reply within two months. Despite three month since my test, I have had no update.