+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL H-1B HOLDERS IN U.S. LET'S CONNECT HERE WHO WANTS CANADIAN PR/CITIZENSHIP

Rabia_y2k

Nov 8, 2016
Binette said:
Hello everybody, l need help on what to do next. I just received the following message from my express entry

<< The government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its PNP through express entry>>

Please what do i need to do next?Huh
I thought OINP nomination is on freeze. How come you got Letter of Interest in November 2016? Experts please throw light on this. Will help many people

Rabia_y2k

Nov 8, 2016
Rabia_y2k said:
I thought OINP nomination is on freeze. How come you got Letter of Interest in November 2016? Experts please throw light on this. Will help many people
Have you applied for OINP stream other than Human resource Capital?

SunnyKharbanda

Dec 17, 2016
Hello Everybody. I am A Mechanical engineer and work in automotive industry in US. I have masters degree from US and i am on h1B IN US with about 5 year experience.

My Overall score is 399.

Can somebody suggest how easy or difficult is it get Provincial Nomination or Job offer from canada while in us?

Any suggestions how to increase the score for ETA?

Thanks

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
SunnyKharbanda said:
Hello Everybody. I am A Mechanical engineer and work in automotive industry in US. I have masters degree from US and i am on h1B IN US with about 5 year experience.

My Overall score is 399.

Can somebody suggest how easy or difficult is it get Provincial Nomination or Job offer from canada while in us?

Any suggestions how to increase the score for ETA?

Thanks
Do you have french speaking skills? l got interest from Ontario with 358 scores for their french stream

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
deadbird said:
H1b won't be scrapped but they'll make it harder for companies like TCS to abuse the system. Which means minimum wages will go up and additional red tape around granting H1b will be initiated. In the worst case, they might even institute per country quotas.
I completely agree with the statement above.

I have been in US for 10 years now, came for Masters then started working. Paying taxes, not even a speeding ticket and still waiting for the Green card. Based on the current priority dates i wont get it for another 5 years. It is totally depressing and frustrating. I have spent all my 20's in this country and still every single time i try to re enter US i cross my fingers that immigration goes smoothly.

What's worse is now things are getting from bad to worse:
- Regular processing times for h1b extension, Transfer have increased to about 6 months
- 1 in 3 people get RFE's for extensions/transfers
- Priority dates for Eb2/3 have never come close to even 2-3 from current year in the longest time. Moreover, more and more people are becoming eligible for Eb2 so the dates keep pushing back

The whole situation feels entirely hopeless and to top it all we will have a nutjob as president now. I don't have any hopes that situation for people like us will be improved in the next few years.
That is why i am looking for Canada or any other country for that matter which makes it easier to get PR/citizenship.

Are there any others in a similar situation?

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
Exactly my situation! 10 years of visa /work permit extensions. Turned down by many companies for lucrative jobs due to immigration status (non-Tech field). Need freedom and the ability to do my own thing or at least have the choice to do so. Want to move/live in a country that has a relevant system in place and changes with needs unlike the US.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
NAFTAman said:
Exactly my situation! 10 years of visa /work permit extensions. Turned down by many companies for lucrative jobs due to immigration status (non-Tech field). Need freedom and the ability to do my own thing or at least have the choice to do so. Want to move/live in a country that has a relevant system in place and changes with needs unlike the US.
Folks, most likely you would be eligible for a Canadian PR through FSW. I applied, got approved and gonna move there in a couple of years.

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
deadbird said:
Folks, most likely you would be eligible for a Canadian PR through FSW. I applied, got approved and gonna move there in a couple of years.
I have applied, received an ITA, now waiting since November. Hopefully, I get it.

What industry are you in ?

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another H1B here, I applied, got PR and landed last year. Now trying to get job transferred to Canada.

sam1989

Jan 13, 2017
Same situation here..I only have 2 years remaining on my H1-B and my employer may not do the GC. Even if they do, it will take 10+ years. Better to get Canadian PR and passport in that time.

boatyyo said:

I have been in US for 10 years now, came for Masters then started working. Paying taxes, not even a speeding ticket and still waiting for the Green card. Based on the current priority dates i wont get it for another 5 years. It is totally depressing and frustrating. I have spent all my 20's in this country and still every single time i try to re enter US i cross my fingers that immigration goes smoothly.

- Regular processing times for h1b extension, Transfer have increased to about 6 months
- Priority dates for Eb2/3 have never come close to even 2-3 from current year in the longest time. Moreover, more and more people are becoming eligible for Eb2 so the dates keep pushing back

The whole situation feels entirely hopeless and to top it all we will have a nutjob as president now. I don't have any hopes that situation for people like us will be improved in the next few years.
That is why i am looking for Canada or any other country for that matter which makes it easier to get PR/citizenship.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
ht7 said:
Another H1B here, I applied, got PR and landed last year. Now trying to get job transferred to Canada.
Hey @ht7. Both our situations seem to be kind of similar; H1b from India working in the tech field. Both my wife and I are planning to move to Canada sometime in 2019 and become citizens. We are also very likely to work in the US later on via H1 or TN. I was wondering if you have any experience/ideas regarding managing cross border financial investments?

Specifically, both my wife and I have significant investments in the following:
* 401k (Vanguard)
* Roth IRA (Vanguard)
* Taxable brokerage accounts (Vanguard)
* HSA
* A fully paid off house

ht7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Hey @ht7. Both our situations seem to be kind of similar; H1b from India working in the tech field. Both my wife and I are planning to move to Canada sometime in 2019 and become citizens. We are also very likely to work in the US later on via H1 or TN. I was wondering if you have any experience/ideas regarding managing cross border financial investments?

Specifically, both my wife and I have significant investments in the following:
* 401k (Vanguard)
* Roth IRA (Vanguard)
* Taxable brokerage accounts (Vanguard)
* HSA
* A fully paid off house
For retirement accounts, I plan to liquidate them a year after I move out of US. So that will be my only US income and I expect the tax hit to be low apart from the 10% penalty. But thats only if I am required to liquidate them. I will keep them if I can as US and US dollars are a good investment.

I am spending all of my HSA on eye care, etc and will try to zero out the account. I will liquidate taxable brokerage accounts and buy the same ETFs in Canada (I believe you can invest in American markets in Canada).

We dont have a house, we rent. So nothing to do there.

Right now, I am not too worried about these things. Priority is transferring job :)

zentury

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
File Transfer...
FBI PCC received 20-02-2015
Med's Request
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2104 Meds -Received 13-02-2015 - after 2 months
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015
boatyyo said:

Exactly your situation, just that I was there for 12 years. I moved to Canada Sep 2016 after I received the job offer. (This is with a 3 month effort of applying to multiple places).
The only difference is I never left US just to avoid Stamping. Today. I'm all free to travel from Canada without the hassles of immigration.