+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All green but Prohibition still in progress!!

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I asked if something is blocking my application. He said that no, everything is normal. You just have to wait your visa office to review the prohibition part
Yeah, todau I was able to connect after 15+ tries and they said the same thing. They said that my application is being processed quikly already and there's nothing to do at the moment.

Rimka13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Yeah, todau I was able to connect after 15+ tries and they said the same thing. They said that my application is being processed quikly already and there's nothing to do at the moment.
Your application is indeed very quick!
My aor is february first and my prohibition has been in progress for 2 months! :(

Reactions: citapplicant

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
Your application is indeed very quick!
My aor is february first and my prohibition has been in progress for 2 months! :(
Prohibitions in progress for 5+ months and counting!!!

• Sad
Reactions: citapplicant

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Prohibitions in progress for 5+ months and counting!!!
Have you tried contacting IRCC? yesterday they said something like your application deadline (or something similar, I can't really recall) is 2024 something. So I think if you hit that whatever deadline, you should be able to take some actions.

Amciyo

Oct 24, 2023
Hello everyone,
There is update Aug 16 show that language skill and physical presence completed but prohibition still on process !! Is this normal ?
My in the same situation. I got new update from October 20, 2023 Everything done except Prohibitions

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
is there maybe a common problem we all have? like I never had an issue with border, the police, cbsa or whatever, but maybe there's something else. can you all think of anything else?

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
We are all non Caucasian (Non white/European)
That’s one thing, the other thing probably is re-triggered CSIS review. I bit we all had a similar timeline wrt getting background checks completed. In my case, it took 8 months to get background checks completed, mostly related to CSIS as criminality (ie. RCMP) took only 2 days to complete.

Now, I think they are redoing my csis checks which obviously will be lengthy if they opt for an in-depth review (which is the case for the unlucky ones of Arab decent and some other minorities).

I couldn’t think of other reason for such excessive delay (5 months and counting in my case!!!!)

Reactions: Refugeee

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
hmm I see. I mean I don't think it has to do with race, I'm not white as well but so are many immigrants. I think about requesting GCMS notes the next week just to see what is delaying my application. Is it the RCMP, CSIS, or CBSA? I don't know if it will be helpful but why not. according to other people it doesn't slow down the process, so why not?

Rimka13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
hmm I see. I mean I don't think it has to do with race, I'm not white as well but so are many immigrants. I think about requesting GCMS notes the next week just to see what is delaying my application. Is it the RCMP, CSIS, or CBSA? I don't know if it will be helpful but why not. according to other people it doesn't slow down the process, so why not?
I received my notes but dont know how to read it.
I got eligibility assestment 1 : The prohibition not started here
Eligibility assesment 4 : The prohibition is passed here

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Don't be Naive.. Its ALWAYS about race.
They will always deny it cause its a bad look and its EVIL and unfair.
But its the reality.

I bet if everyone in this situation reveals their race you'll see a common theme.. We are all or mostly Non European/Non White.
Stop denying reality! Just to feel like you're being smart, dignified open minded etc.

Its allllllll about race.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Don't be Naive.. Its ALWAYS about race.
They will always deny it cause its a bad look and its EVIL and unfair.
But its the reality.

I bet if everyone in this situation reveals their race you'll see a common theme.. We are all or mostly Non European/Non White.
Stop denying reality! Just to feel like you're being smart, dignified open minded etc.

Its allllllll about race.
I'm not saying racism doesn't exists. All I'm saying is that almost everyone IRCC interacts with is non-white, and we, the very small minority that hasn't passed prohibitions, happen to be also non-white because most immigrants are non-white. We're like a smaller set of a bigger set, and the bigger set is also non-white majority. If the issue was us not being white, then many more people would be stuck in prohibitions stage.

Reactions: Mitya-kun