+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Existing PNP PR Applicants who are contemplating Express Entry

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
I'm an existing PR applicant who has been through a very confusing, non-transparent, and prolonged process via the Ontario PNP route. My AOR was in mid May this year and the latest update was Medical Received sometime in late July, but ever since then I have not been getting any updates till date. There has been rumours that some PNP PR applicants holding on to full-time jobs like myself will be automatically transferred to the new Express Entry scheme, but I'm going to throw an EE application regardless whilst waiting for the PNP PR application to show some signs of movement.

Any one else on this forum who is in the same boat, i.e. already have a PNP PR application in progress but is contemplating to submit an EE application as well?

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Yes, I am considering this. I just sent my PNP CIC application last week but I am considering entering my online application into EE on Jan 1st as well. Hopefully I would get picked in the first EE draw since I have the 600 points for PNP (and/or job offer) and I could withdraw the application I already sent to CIC before it gets processed and before they charge my CC. If I don't get picked in EE, I can just depend on my other application, that will get approved eventually since I have PNP (and a clean record etc), it will just take much, much longer...

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Looks like existing(already approved) PNP's canNOT be used for creating express entry profile. You will only get additional points for YOUR PNP nomination ONLY when you get the PNP nomination issued under the new, yet to be created "express entry STREAM"

Reference: wwwDOTgazetteDOTgcDOTca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

FYI look at the last point of Section 5.(1) of Gazzette which says:

5. (1) In order to be "eligible to be issued an invitation", a foreign national must

(a) meet the requirements to be a member of at least one of the classes referred to in paragraphs 2(a) to (c);
(b) meet the requirements of
(i) subparagraph 82(2)(c)(ii) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in paragraph 82(2)(b); or
(ii) clause 87.2(3)(d)(iv)(B) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in subparagraph 87.2(3)(d)(iii); and

(c) not later than 30 days after the day on which they submit their expression of interest, register with the Job Bank of the Department of Employment and Social Development, if they do not have a qualifying offer of arranged employment or are not named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province referred to in paragraph 2(d) under its provincial nominee program "express entry stream" at the end of that period.

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
As per question 9 in CIC

“here are two ways to do this. A person can:
• apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
• fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile”

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
I applied in August 2014, but still no AOR so I will likely try for EE too. My only concern is they will cancel my previous application if they see I am going for EE. Do you think that's the case?