+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All documents are done, application is done. Binding allowed to send docs CIC?

dana2

May 17, 2016
Hey folks,

One extra question, so I have all the documents gathered, translated and certified. I have all the application formed filled up and properly signed.

This is a lot of paper. I cannot just put everything together and send it, unless somehow I bind the stuff (perhaps add an index at the beginning)?

Is binding allowed? Am I allowed, say to use a plastic comb binding machine, punch holes in all the docs, and then use a nice comb to bind all the papers together?

I am not sure why this wouldn't be allowed, but I am just asking, to make sure I do not do stuff which is not allowed.

EKate20132015

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-04-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Exempt...DM 06-10-2016
No, definitely do not do that. Everything sent to them has to be scanned, so there would be no way you would want to bind them. Just use paper clips or binder clips and you will be fine. They will end up tearing through it and organizing it the way they want, anyways.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
dana2 said:
Hey folks,

One extra question, so I have all the documents gathered, translated and certified. I have all the application formed filled up and properly signed.

This is a lot of paper. I cannot just put everything together and send it, unless somehow I bind the stuff (perhaps add an index at the beginning)?

Is binding allowed? Am I allowed, say to use a plastic comb binding machine, punch holes in all the docs, and then use a nice comb to bind all the papers together?

I am not sure why this wouldn't be allowed, but I am just asking, to make sure I do not do stuff which is not allowed.
if I were in your position, I would not bind using Plastic Comb,

I would use Hole punch on the top left hand corner and use a tag.

I think they are going to scan all the documents and please them in a electronic folder, and save your hard copy in the records room

so plastic comb is not a good option

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
dana2 said:
Hey folks,

Looks like you have applied in Year 2010, is that correct?

we are almost in the same boat, i am from 2011 batch. and we are trying to initiate a letter to MP (immigration) i have mailed you the link, it should be in your inbox of this Forum, could you please sign it.

following are the links for 2010 and 2011, and suggest to post your questions there you would get feed back, those two links are active links, people like us spend time and share their issues, so please post this question there you would get answer

I want you to check out "2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here" on Canada Immigration Forum. To view it, please click this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=316460.0

I want you to check out "2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here" on Canada Immigration Forum. To view it, please click this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=186409.0

dana2

May 17, 2016
kcdasoju said:
Looks like you have applied in Year 2010, is that correct?

we are almost in the same boat, i am from 2011 batch. and we are trying to initiate a letter to MP (immigration) i have mailed you the link, it should be in your inbox of this Forum, could you please sign it.

following are the links for 2010 and 2011, and suggest to post your questions there you would get feed back, those two links are active links, people like us spend time and share their issues, so please post this question there you would get answer

I want you to check out "2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here" on Canada Immigration Forum. To view it, please click this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=316460.0

I want you to check out "2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here" on Canada Immigration Forum. To view it, please click this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=186409.0
No man, I am trying to apply right now, for my spouse :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I used some of the info on this link to put my application together

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

dana2

May 17, 2016
Galano1213 said:
I used some of the info on this link to put my application together

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html
Thanks man!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
dana2 said:
Hey folks,

There are a lot of varied opinions on this board: the best way to do this or that, the likely response to this or that from CIC, what's legal and what isn't, how long something is going to take, etc.

But one thing we all agree on is a Great Truth that has been that handed down from generation to generation, told and re-told in story after story to children and adults alike, maintained as a cherished mythology, like a sacred chalice held high to the heavens.

And the Great Truth is this: CIC hates staples.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
dana2 said:
Hey folks,

I separated my documents and applications in various categories as I saw fit. Bunched them together for each category and inserted them in plastic sleeves. Then put cheap tape to close them off so the loose papers don't fall off easy and at the same time the officer doesn't have a hard time getting stuff out of the sleeves. No staples, no clips, no binding. Oh, and I put sticker labels on each sleeves. Did forget to do a summary of content of sort...

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
I will pass on what I saw when my package was returned to me for incorrect fee's. All of that fancy organizing, tables etc we're stripped away. It was all placed in one big pile in the order they (cic) have determined fits their process. Place it in three envelopes, inside of a bigger envelope. Each labeled sponsor, applicant, proof of relationship. Nice and tidy. All the rest is just make work for cic.