Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
ashique_tas said:
Dear Raj Bhai,

Congrats on your landing & initial start up process..Bro, I just want to know that, I will be endorsing 2000 USD & along with that i want to carry 8000 CAD.As I know, for outside due to govt restriction more than 5000 USD is not permitted.. What should I do??I am very much tensed..Can immigration dept of BD can hamper while departing??Do they check while boarding on the flight?? I am very much tensed regarding this...
hello ashique bhai.........welcome back :)

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hoquebd said:
Dear Ashique Bhai,

As per Bangladesh bank rules the entitlement is like below for one calendar year.

US$ 5000/adult
US$ 2500/child

It depends and you can overcome it with your presence of mind. And personally I think it should not be a problem as I am a frequent flier and did not face such problem till now.
thanks but this 5000 ki TC te nibo? ar TC kon bank theke korbo? what is the process, can u share please?

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
pr1979 said:
Matter of concern - "Fake CAD". Someone in this forum also talked about this.
Fake CAD er solution kivabe kora jay? any idea? i can't purchase from bank more than 5000, as they will endorse in passport and the limit is 5000. What about the rest? Money exchange chara to kono upay dekhi na, ar money exchange e fake thaktei pare

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruparupa said:
Congratulations!! Ebar dhundhumar shopping suru kore den! :)
Badal789 said:
beshi shopping korben na. weight er jhamela and oguli okhane kaje na o lagte pare.
PQR said:
Wrong, only purchase those selective items you think you can use in Canada, and bring things for initial couple of months to avoid spending from savings.
Thanks
Note : what you think that's important, not what we think

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
mzabd said:
Thanks...
First, I ve received it through e-mail...
Second, Medical done at 15th November.... reached probably by 21st Nov and applied at June 2010...
Nice to met u...
it took almost 45 days from the day of medical, not bad, hoping that everyone else will get PPR in 60 days max

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Raj_Hoque said:
Thanks Ruparupa and PQR. Ekta kotha marlam ar aita to Quote of the Day hoye gelo dekhi. Ha ha ha...Anyway...was quiet bz last 2 days for arranging treatment for my wife.
I went to a Community Services and seek help from them for the delivery as we won't get our Health Card untill 3 months. It was nice of them that they have offered me to do the all the treatments for my wife with a very nominal amount. They'll cover everything for the delivery of my wife like Doctor's visit, all kinds of tests, hospital cost etc. All I have to pay CAD 150 and if extra any amount comes I can pay installments as low as CAD 5 per month ;D
So today I have taken my wife again there and they did lot of tests again and they are really good...we spent 2 hours with 2 different General Practitioners...
Also have open our account from RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). In my account there are 3 categories - One for Chequing account, Savings account and US Account (As I have deposit US dollars in my account and they will be as US dollars untill I want to convert them). We also have applied 2 Credit cards each for myself and wife. First they didn't want to give me as I have no job...but I reiterate to the bank officer "Can you get a Job in just 2 days of Landing?" He said No. Then I said if you can't give i will go to TD Bank as they offered me Credit Cards with account opening. Then the guy applied for our Credit Cards. Again Here "In Canada People Trust what you Declare" ;D

Now 2 bad news. First one: I couldn't renew my Old Canadian License as they said it's been expired for last 8 years and I have to go for Driving tests. But as I had G License earlier so I might get some privilege...I would go for test tomorrow...Please pray for me so that I pass. I'm eagerly willing to drive as I have got car from my friends and it is hard to move without car in areas like Brampton. In Toronto it's ok to move without car as there are buses, trains and subways. IT's snowing again today....
2nd Bad News...Your Child Immunization from BD won't count here during admission to school. So I am taking my daughter to same community services where they will vaccinate her and give her a certificate so that school can admit her on Monday. I also brought her Immunization chart but it's totally worthless for school. But please bring it with you.

3rd Bad thing is I have got a PM from jnathan...Copying it here now...

"You have just been sent a personal message by jnathan on Canada Immigration Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Hi

You have a Canadian Degree from Canada?
Life would be fruity initially as you're living with your friend.
Soon you'd find that White collar jobs are for Canadians with Canadian degrees only. People in Toronto wont be given any job no matter how many PHD's they got from outside. No Canadian Degree/Multinational Company experience, no jobs in Toronto. that is the truth. Everyone says the same like you're doing now.
Soon you'd find what life is . something like this :

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1154844--trading-stethoscope-for-broom

www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=Immigrants+struggle+to+find+jobs+in+Toronto&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/19/canada-immigration-foreign-skilled-workers_n_2293003.html&ei=7YrkUKnvIanE2gX1wYDwCQ&usg=AFQjCNFTgcDBWcBr38ySau08R_2MSmPyWA&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.b2I

http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/educated-immigrants-settle-down-surviving-jobs-and-self-employment-canada-18278.html

http://thethunderbird.ca/2009/10/29/well-educated-immigrants-struggle-to-find-good-jobs/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/why-new-canadians-struggle-to-find-jobs/article545197/

http://dontai.com/wp/2012/02/11/employment-discrimination-and-ethnicity-in-toronto-canada/

Your friends wouldnt tell you the truth initially.
Soon you'll find yourself the ultimate answer : LANDED UNEMPLOYED IMMIGRANT."

Now jnathan...I didn't bother to go through your links as they are just piece of Craps. I think I am much more expert and skilled than you are about Canada. I spent 3 years here and many of my friends are working here in IBM, HP, Bell, Rogers, Wind Mobile, RCB Bank, Scotia Bank as System Admin. You said we won't get a white collar job even we have Phd. Let me tell you my Senior brother have done Phd from Waterloo Uni and he is the Director of Operations for Bell Canada and my other few friends are working in IBM as Team leads where 15-20 Canadian WHITE People working Under him. All my friends are Bangladeshi. You are just browsing and collecting some exceptions but come to Canada and explore by yourself. I have known this cases as I have visited their work places.
In Other line you said about me that "Life would be fruity initially as you're living with your friend." - My Friend Offered me to Stay in his house untill I feel to move somewhere and if not I can stay with as long as I like. He is not even asking a single penny from me. Why? Isn't he should be a poor guy to bear expenses of my family and loan for his house? Then...why he offered me? He works for Canada Post - it's Fed Job and with lot of benefits...but mostly he is a Bangladeshi and we Bangladeshis have big and kind heart to help each others and friends. He works in night shift for us and so that he can take us everywhere in the day time for my wife's treatment untill I get my license back...think what kind of a person he is and he is living in Canada since 1994 (Before you Born ;D)

Now last Part "Your friends wouldnt tell you the truth initially. Soon you'll find yourself the ultimate answer : LANDED UNEMPLOYED IMMIGRANT."
That part makes me laugh...he is my friend who offered me to stay in his house till the day I wish to move. Now tell me how do you know the intention of my friend that he is not telling me the truth? Are you a mind reader. And LANDED UNEMPLOYED IMMIGRANT makes me LOL as I am sure that I'm richer than you and brought enough cash to survive for 2 years without doing anything ;) ...and I planning to setup a Strip Club where you'll be the little PIMP there and get whipped in your Buttocks...(Sorry Forum members--Can't stop saying those words). So Please get yourself kicked out of here or Imagine I'm having someone spanked on your nasty yellow or Indian ASS...
thanks..........waiting for your next post

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
mzabd said:
Well another thing is that I made a query at 1st Dec about my status and in reply of that they sent the PPR at 2nd January...I will be happy if this info help u... thanks
u got reply after 1 month, that's too long, anyways they gave u good news at last, that's important
but why did u make CSI?

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
nivrit said:
Yes, but I did not get any reply from them......

It took CAD400 for 2 person. Thats why, I am worrying.
why the heck they took 400........? rip offf
here wahab bhai took only 50

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
sMark said:
Dear Forum Members,

Does anyone know, is it possible to take more than 15000 cad in the airport without permission from Bangladesh Bank??
off course........kono bapari na, just don't declare more than 5000

Hoquebd

Jan 24, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 th Nov,2012
PQR said:
thanks but this 5000 ki TC te nibo? ar TC kon bank theke korbo? what is the process, can u share please?
Bank will give u 2000 cash and balance in TC. You can do it from any foreign exchange br of any bank. If u need further assistance PM me.

Hoquebd

Jan 24, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 th Nov,2012
PQR said:
Fake CAD er solution kivabe kora jay? any idea? i can't purchase from bank more than 5000, as they will endorse in passport and the limit is 5000. What about the rest? Money exchange chara to kono upay dekhi na, ar money exchange e fake thaktei pare
It is really impossible to forge/counterfeit CAD due to its high security printing. When u are purchasing ensure that you get the plastic note.
Yes you can endorse only 5000/ adult and 2500/child from bank and balance you can buy from either money exchange or from bank ( if u want the person who is responsible for the endorsement can give you more by collecting from outside or from his own money exchange. As most of them are involved in this business)

sMark

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
PQR said:
off course........kono bapari na, just don't declare more than 5000
Thank you PQR.
by the way, do you have any idea about driver's licence? Is it possible to drive with BD licence in canada?

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
Hoquebd said:
It is really impossible to forge CAD due to its high security printing. When u are purchasing ensure that you get the plastic note.
Yes you can endorse only 5000/ adult and 2500/child from bank and balance you can buy from either money exchange or from bank ( if u want the person who is responsible for the endorsement can give you more by collecting from outside or from his own money exchange. As most of them are involved in this business)
Dear PQR and Other Forum Members,

What Hoque Bhai has mentioned is RIGHT. I bought all the Plastic notes where there is a transparent mark. It is very Hard to forge Canadian note. Also I could recon some old notes as I was there in Canada that time.

P.S to ALL - See there are many rules in BD for carrying Foreign currency from BD. But I mentioned many times that people coming to US/Canada as Immigrant hardly have to face any kind of problem in BD Immi as they know those people are going to established there. So please don't be scared. Be very confident and smart to answer politely but firmly. Hoque bhai is also a frequent flier so he also knows that.

Good news is I passed G1 Driving exam today. As I had Canadian G Class License earlier so they waived my Waiting period for Class G2 License after getting G1 (Usually you have to wait around 8-9 months to get G2 after G1). They also have counted my License from BD even though it was in Bengali but I manage the beautiful girl in the MTO Office ;D

Hoque Bhai..waited for your call...couldn't talk to you as I was taking my wife to doctors...Call me when you can.

Nothing much today...enjoying my jobless life...Please Pray for me and family...

mwm78

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Raj_Hoque said:
Dear PQR and Other Forum Members,

What Hoque Bhai has mentioned is RIGHT. I bought all the Plastic notes where there is a transparent mark. It is very Hard to forge Canadian note. Also I could recon some old notes as I was there in Canada that time.

P.S to ALL - See there are many rules in BD for carrying Foreign currency from BD. But I mentioned many times that people coming to US/Canada as Immigrant hardly have to face any kind of problem in BD Immi as they know those people are going to established there. So please don't be scared. Be very confident and smart to answer politely but firmly. Hoque bhai is also a frequent flier so he also knows that.

Good news is I passed G1 Driving exam today. As I had Canadian G Class License earlier so they waived my Waiting period for Class G2 License after getting G1 (Usually you have to wait around 8-9 months to get G2 after G1). They also have counted my License from BD even though it was in Bengali but I manage the beautiful girl in the MTO Office ;D

Hoque Bhai..waited for your call...couldn't talk to you as I was taking my wife to doctors...Call me when you can.

Nothing much today...enjoying my jobless life...Please Pray for me and family...
Thank you Vi for sharing information. It is easy to understand that confident is the key to overcome any challenges.
Most of the cases you manage the situation with your own skills e.g, Royal Bank credit card, Driving License.
We must pray for your success in Canada.

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
By the grace of almighty, I have arrived Toronto in safe.
Keep wishes to have good start.

Also my wishes to all who are eagerly waiting for Medical and PPR.

Thanks everybody.

Arasah