Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Anybody from Bangladesh who applied between February 27, 2008 to November 28, 2008 got reply from CIC?

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
JOB TITLE and JOB DESCRIPTION

Dear All,

I need your kind assistance to get your valued advice.

I have applied under simplified application process where my past job title was mistaken unintentionally. But my job description remains same as per NOC Code.

My question is –

Can I revise my Job Title while I submit my final document when the time comes?

Do I need to give any separate statement against this mistake?

My Job title of Job Contract and Letter of Employment are same. Mistake is in Simplified Application Process Application only.

Appreciate your response.

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
SaimonBlue said:
JOB TITLE and JOB DESCRIPTION

Dear All,

I need your kind assistance to get your valued advice.

I have applied under simplified application process where my past job title was mistaken unintentionally. But my job description remains same as per NOC Code.

My question is –

Can I revise my Job Title while I submit my final document when the time comes?

Do I need to give any separate statement against this mistake?

My Job title of Job Contract and Letter of Employment are same. Mistake is in Simplified Application Process Application only.

Appreciate your response.

Dear SaimonBlue
There definitely an option to correct anything that is mentioned mistakenly.

However, before noticing your mistake to CIC you must be careful, so that it should not mean you are taking advantage with this correction. Applicants correct marriage date, birth date, spelling of name, NOC code etc. and the correction also takes place when a convincing answer is given by the applicant.

Currently many applicants get refusal letter due the 38 NOC ground. If you correct your job title with a suitable explation CIC may consider it OR MAY NOT CONSIDER that we do not know at all. You have to think if you really in need of changing the job title.

By the way what is your NOC and job title in the application and which title you are going to prefer ?

I pray for you.

Good luck.

SYED

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
I received AOR during September 2005. So far i saw it was 'In Process' in e cas. On 14 May 2009 I received a letter from CIC Singapore asking for updated forms , police clearance and proof of fund. I sent the same on 10 Aug 2009 which was received at CIC on 12 Aug 2009. As of today my application shows 'In Process' status. Is it a bad or good signal?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
NO its more than 16000 for 3

silence

Aug 3, 2009
Dear Nasim15

follow this link u'll get clear idea how much need accoring to ur family size:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

another thing it should be mentioned clearly in ur update document letter how much u need for funds...

take care...

silence

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
i hv 143000 fuund, then i hv shownit in my nw. 16000 is minimum i think. if i take more, is there any bar?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello again, Sohel and others.

Just a quick update while I continue to wait for a PCC from Dhaka. :)

Since I had already gotten the same response verbally and in writing from the High Commission in Ottawa (no, they will only do it for citizens), I decided to try another approach. I asked a former colleague who lives in Dhaka to try to find some information (I've helped him with his student applications to the US - a much easier task, to be sure).

So, off he went to Dhaka HQ and the saga begins. Terrible journeys, personnel changes at DMP; at one point the DMP refused to process a PCC from a foreigner because the request didn't come via the High Commission :) Then there were personal threats from one officer, and then finally, the promise of a PCC. I have no idea how he has persisted, but he went again yesterday to pick up the PCC (this time, 4 hours in traffic), but, as you probably guessed, it was not ready. The organization that I used to work for (14 years ago, mind you) moved office from Dhanmondi to Gulshan a few years ago, and for some reason, this irrelevant fact has stymied the DMP (which thana?).

We'll see if my friend has more stamina than the officer in charge. I have another month before my other PCCs start to expire...

Sohel09 said:
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM DHAKA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS

jes_ON said:
Sohel09, Thank you very much! So, you suggest I submit the form anyway... It's a 5-hour drive to Ottawa, would going in person make a difference, do you think? Or would it be a long trip for nothing? The problem is, since they deny that they do this (I managed to get that in writing!), I can't get them to tell me the fee, or what documentation is necessary :)

I can send certified copies of my current passport and my old passport with the Bangladesh visas (surely you don't mean that I should send the originals, do you?), and I can tell them what my residence and work addresses were, but I don't have any kind of lease or contract to prove the address... Still searching for old work-related documentation, but that was 15 years ago...

I did contact the US Embassy in Dhaka, they were sympathetic but said they couldn't do anything...

BTW - I'm supposed to do this for Cambodia too - that is much, much worse :)
Hello jes_ON;

Thank you once again for explaining your situation in detail. There are two reasons for suggesting you.

a) It is clearly mentioned in the CIC website that the Foreign and Non-Resident Applicants may obtain a “Police Certificate” by applying with required fees to the "High Commission or Embassy” of Bangladesh in their country of current residence. And that is how it works for many countries of the world.

b) If the Non-Resident Bangladeshis can obtain the service with required fees, then where are the problems for a Foreign X-resident?

But if the situation turns out in such way that I am the one who makes only arguments with the Government…….then I would wonder how come such works have been done so far?! Have you got my point?!

Now of course, I can not suggest you drive 5 hours x 2 just to try your luck. But this is simply awful! Please contact (may be both by fax and telephone) them once again and ask them to explain you in Black and White “why they can not provide this service to you.” Also, please ask them to guide you properly to receive your “Police Clearance Certificate” from Dhaka, if only the “High Commission” is certainly not authorized / able to process it. The “High Commission” must understand the high importance of the matter.

What can I say you about Cambodia? I have once played some adventure games of “Lara Croft in Cambodia”; hope they do not make it harder than that for you. By the way, please use only the certified copies of your passports as well as other necessary documents when required.

Please keep in touch and Good-luck!

Let me quote the following web link for a reference of our valued members and viewers;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/bangladesh.asp
b]POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM DHAKA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS[/b]

jes_ON said:
Sohel09, Thank you very much! So, you suggest I submit the form anyway... It's a 5-hour drive to Ottawa, would going in person make a difference, do you think? Or would it be a long trip for nothing? The problem is, since they deny that they do this (I managed to get that in writing!), I can't get them to tell me the fee, or what documentation is necessary :)

I can send certified copies of my current passport and my old passport with the Bangladesh visas (surely you don't mean that I should send the originals, do you?), and I can tell them what my residence and work addresses were, but I don't have any kind of lease or contract to prove the address... Still searching for old work-related documentation, but that was 15 years ago...

I did contact the US Embassy in Dhaka, they were sympathetic but said they couldn't do anything...

BTW - I'm supposed to do this for Cambodia too - that is much, much worse :)
Hello jes_ON;

Thank you once again for explaining your situation in detail. There are two reasons for suggesting you.

a) It is clearly mentioned in the CIC website that the Foreign and Non-Resident Applicants may obtain a “Police Certificate” by applying with required fees to the "High Commission or Embassy” of Bangladesh in their country of current residence. And that is how it works for many countries of the world.

b) If the Non-Resident Bangladeshis can obtain the service with required fees, then where are the problems for a Foreign X-resident?

But if the situation turns out in such way that I am the one who makes only arguments with the Government…….then I would wonder how come such works have been done so far?! Have you got my point?!

Now of course, I can not suggest you drive 5 hours x 2 just to try your luck. But this is simply awful! Please contact (may be both by fax and telephone) them once again and ask them to explain you in Black and White “why they can not provide this service to you.” Also, please ask them to guide you properly to receive your “Police Clearance Certificate” from Dhaka, if only the “High Commission” is certainly not authorized / able to process it. The “High Commission” must understand the high importance of the matter.

What can I say you about Cambodia? I have once played some adventure games of “Lara Croft in Cambodia”; hope they do not make it harder than that for you. By the way, please use only the certified copies of your passports as well as other necessary documents when required.

Please keep in touch and Good-luck!

Let me quote the following web link for a reference of our valued members and viewers;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/bangladesh.asp

tdr

Apr 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2006
Doc's Request.
20-11-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-06-2006
Med's Request
waiting 4 ever
thanks a lot for taking such a great initiative. its my pleasure being a member of this forum.

my visa office: Singapore
posted on 15th June 2006
AOR received :In June 2006

thanking,
Tdr

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
tdr said:
thanks a lot for taking such a great initiative. its my pleasure being a member of this forum.

my visa office: Singapore
posted on 15th June 2006
AOR received :In June 2006

thanking,
Tdr
You are still in process? Did you check your file status in e-cas?
I applied in September, still it is in process. I was requested on 14 May 2009 to send updated documents, which I sent on 10th Aug 2009 but still shows th e-cas status as in process.

zhmajumder

Aug 1, 2009
Dear Nasim15,
Good to see that they are processing Sep'06 application. I applied in Sep'07, hope that within next 1 year they will start process of my application. Did they mentioned when they will contact you after reviewing updated documents?