+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All applicants to CIC Accra Still waiting after a year. Please let's connect

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Timah said:
Morning all,

Are u all paper based applicants or EE?

@teju,@myson,@ayokunle, @teeomisore..and all
I guess the majority here are paper based. Infact some applied even before EE program commenced

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
ok now you guys are scaring me. I submitted September last year and till now not heard anything. my wife said it has been sent to the accra visa office. hope mine don't stay this long oooo. Should I do a follow up now? pls I need advice. Thanks

Teju

Jun 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra- Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nominee- 26/06/2013,
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2013 (MPNP).
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
7-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Interview........
08-07-2015(Sponsor)
slim747 said:
ok now you guys are scaring me. I submitted September last year and till now not heard anything. my wife said it has been sent to the accra visa office. hope mine don't stay this long oooo. Should I do a follow up now? pls I need advice. Thanks
Is your application EE? Even if it is you ought to have gotten your AOR! Hope your application has not been returned. Be checking your normal mail box because they don't notify people when the return incomplete application i am not trying to scare you but you can still get opinions from other people.
Cheers.

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
slim747 said:
;) ;) ;)

You dont have to be scared. Just pray and hope for the best. Its just the utter silence from Accra Visa Office that worries people. If only AVO can even be working gradually and people are getting updates about their application, there wouldnt be a problem.

Also more worrying is this new style of routing new applications to London Visa Office. Even people who sent their applications in February 2017 have received MR from London while many pple whose applications have been in Accra for more than a year havent even received MR.

Its sooo disheartening.

Teju

Jun 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra- Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nominee- 26/06/2013,
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2013 (MPNP).
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Interview........
08-07-2015(Sponsor)
myson said:
;) ;) ;)

You dont have to be scared. Just pray and hope for the best. Its just the utter silence from Accra Visa Office that worries people. If only AVO can even be working gradually and people are getting updates about their application, there wouldnt be a problem.

Also more worrying is this new style of routing new applications to London Visa Office. Even people who sent their applications in February 2017 have received MR from London while many pple whose applications have been in Accra for more than a year havent even received MR.

Its sooo disheartening.
They still give AOR within 3 months. The reason i am trying to hammer this in your hears is( there's a friend that got nominated and sent his documents to CIC he didn't know they returned his application until a day to expiration of his nomination his saving grace is that he got another visa through EE. Please check!!!

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Teju said:
They still give AOR within 3 months. The reason i am trying to hammer this in your hears is( there's a friend that got nominated and sent his documents to CIC he didn't know they returned his application until a day to expiration of his nomination his saving grace is that he got another visa through EE. Please check!!!
Hello Teju,

Please advise me on this point you just raised.

I am still in the EE pool even though I have submitted a paper based application. With the way the CRS scores have been going down, I might get an Express Entry ITA. If I do, how do I go about it considering that I have sent a paper based application and paid the processing fees.

Kindly advise

provost

Feb 14, 2017
slim747 said:
Hi Slim

how did your wife know it was sent to Accra? try to link your account. If you cant then check your mail post as advised

Teju

Jun 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra- Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nominee- 26/06/2013,
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2013 (MPNP).
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Interview........
08-07-2015(Sponsor)
provost said:
Hi Slim

how did your wife know it was sent to Accra? try to link your account. If you cant then check your mail post as advised
There are people that have their files sent Accra since about a year ago and haven't been able to link their account up till now. As for knowing the file was transferred to Accra, yes it would because Accra is our visa office I think it's Accra that has been transferring people's files to London visa office to get help.

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks all, my wife called IRCC and was informed about the movement of the application to the Accra visa office. As per linking i have linked the application and still no progress update. @Teju pls in this case how do i get to know if the application was returned. Thanks

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
slim747 said:
Thanks all, my wife called IRCC and was informed about the movement of the application to the Accra visa office. As per linking i have linked the application and still no progress update. @Teju pls in this case how do i get to know if the application was returned. Thanks
If there was any mistake, the Centralized Intake Office will not forward it to Accra. They will return it themselves and you will not be issued UCI and Application number.

When did you send your application?

Teju

Jun 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra- Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nominee- 26/06/2013,
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2013 (MPNP).
IELTS Request
Med's Request
7-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
Interview........
08-07-2015(Sponsor)
slim747 said:
You've been rightly answered by myson. If you application has been transferred to Accra no problem. I thought you said after the submission to Nova Scotia nothing has been heard. If your file has been returned you wouldn't have gotten your UCI number.
Cheers.

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
Teju said:
You've been rightly answered by myson. If you application has been transferred to Accra no problem. I thought you said after the submission to Nova Scotia nothing has been heard. If your file has been returned you wouldn't have gotten your UCI number.
Cheers.
I have not gotten a UCI number yet.I only have an application number.

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
myson said:
If there was any mistake, the Centralized Intake Office will not forward it to Accra. They will return it themselves and you will not be issued UCI and Application number.

When did you send your application?
Application was sent September last year. and was submitted to Mississauga.