Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
I just read something in another post which says if one apply for EE, one has to withdrawthe FSW Application

Just a heads up, I called CIC and was told that you can't apply for the same category twice. For example, you can't apply for FSW 2014 & FSW Express Entry 2015 at the same time. You can only withdraw one and apply for the other. The Agent said there is no difference between the two, its only the processing and timeline that is different.

So should I go ahead and apply for the Express Entry since my application was just received in December? Thanks

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
varunwalia said:
I just read something in another post which says if one apply for EE, one has to withdrawthe FSW Application

Just a heads up, I called CIC and was told that you can't apply for the same category twice. For example, you can't apply for FSW 2014 & FSW Express Entry 2015 at the same time. You can only withdraw one and apply for the other. The Agent said there is no difference between the two, its only the processing and timeline that is different.

So should I go ahead and apply for the Express Entry since my application was just received in December? Thanks
One application will have to be dropped at the local VO yes. But you can apply twice:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp

"Q no 30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied. If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees"

karansl

Jan 1, 2015
How about the original documents that we sent along with the application to CIC (i.e IELTS Score card, ECA, Reference letters etc.) Will they return those or CIC will consider the already sent documents for Express Entry ?

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
karansl said:
How about the original documents that we sent along with the application to CIC (i.e IELTS Score card, ECA, Reference letters etc.) Will they return those or CIC will consider the already sent documents for Express Entry ?
That's a tough question. I don't know. To be safe, it's best to have an extra original of everything. You can ask for extra IELTS, ECA and so forth. Reference letters may be copies.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Friends !

I have created EE profile but after creating profile, I got message that iam not eligible : I have canadian work experience less than 1 year and Back home work experience also less than 1 year !
But I did 2 year study in canada have CELPIP score and WES report with me. Does the work experience criteria in my case caused ineligibility ?
completly im lost any answers or suggestion really appreciated :(
Thanks

asab_ece

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting ..
Nomination.....
Awaiting...
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Express Entry Process :

Step 1: Go to the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/candidate.asp and use the online tool to determine eligibility (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp).
Step 2: Click on check your eligibility and answer all the questions. Once all the questions are answered the results page would inform you whether you are eligible or not. You would be issued a personal reference code which needs to be used while filling the express entry profile. Print the page for your future reference.
The above 2 steps are not mandatory but would save time later.
Step 3: Register / log in to submit your online profile. To apply online, you will need an electronic "key" for secure access.
Register to get a key if you are a new user. Register here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp)
Login to your account if you are a returning user. Login here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp)
Step 4: Use the GCKey option if you do not have account with the Sign -in - partners.
Step 5: After registering and logging in select the Express Entry
Step 6: Enter the personal reference code you got as part of Step 1 and Step 2.
Step 7: Enter the details as requested.
If you do not have a surname you can use Not Applicable. or N/A. The forms to be submitted are mentioned below.
a) Personal Details
b) Contact Details
c) Study and Languages
d) Application Details
e) Representative
f) Work History
If you have an accompanying spouse you have 3 more forms to fill.
a) Personal Details
b) Study and Languages
c) Work History
Step 8: Complete all the forms and continue.
Step 9: Electronically sign the application and transmit.
Step 10: Log back to your profile and see the application status you can see the total points that have been allocated to you.
Step 11: Sit Back, Relax and wait for Invitation to Apply.

Jul 17, 2014
In the education part of EE profile, I used save and add button to add a third record but can not save record(phd) & it keeps only the first two(BSc and MSc), anyone faced this ?

Jan 2, 2015
Hello! Can we create more than one express entry profile after login with Mycic account and submit? As per my understanding, EE profile creation and submission will help us to find out the points we are eligible for.

For example :
Express Entry Profile One having IELTS score Listening -7, Reading-7, Writing-6.5 Speaking-7.
Express Entry Profile Two which probably I will create and submit after 3 weeks with better IELTS score to improve total score in express entry.

Overall, My doubt is can we edit our application after submitting the profile or do we have to create new profile and submit again with my new ielts score.

Jan 2, 2015
Hello! Is there a way to link express entry profile and profile(Resume) created in Canada job Bank? How the employer or government or other authority can find out relationship between express entry profile and profile created in Canada job Bank?

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Can I open EE profile now while my wes verification is under process?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
TrackIT said:
Friends !

I have created EE profile but after creating profile, I got message that iam not eligible : I have canadian work experience less than 1 year and Back home work experience also less than 1 year !
But I did 2 year study in canada have CELPIP score and WES report with me. Does the work experience criteria in my case caused ineligibility ?
completly im lost any answers or suggestion really appreciated :(
Thanks
You need at least 1 year of [size=10pt]CONTINUOUS[/size] work experience to qualify for FSW. Since you don't have that, you are ineligible. You can try after your current work experience becomes 1 year.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
goldenlight980 said:
In the education part of EE profile, I used save and add button to add a third record but can not save record(phd) & it keeps only the first two(BSc and MSc), anyone faced this ?
What browser are you using? I was having similar problems when using chrome. I didn't have any such problem with internet explorer.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
yashu_sachdeva said:
Hello! Can we create more than one express entry profile after login with Mycic account and submit? As per my understanding, EE profile creation and submission will help us to find out the points we are eligible for.

For example :
Express Entry Profile One having IELTS score Listening -7, Reading-7, Writing-6.5 Speaking-7.
Express Entry Profile Two which probably I will create and submit after 3 weeks with better IELTS score to improve total score in express entry.

Overall, My doubt is can we edit our application after submitting the profile or do we have to create new profile and submit again with my new ielts score.
No, there is no point in creating multiple accounts even if you were to be able to (which i don't think you can). You can, however, update your profile at any time (before getting invitation) if you get new IELTS score.