+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Semi Skilled Worker Requirements

arturo1985

May 22, 2011
Hello to all,
I recently got a job offer in Alberta as a Front Desk Agent. My employer has an open LMO so now we are just waiting for my name to be added to apply for WP. So I've been looking into what I need in order to get through once I land in Canada. I think my biggest issue and questions are:
#What will I need and what will I be asked when I arrive at the airport in Canada?
#How much money do I need? I only have $1,000 usd in my bank account. Will that be enough to satisfy an agent? The hotel is providing temporary accommodations for 2 months so I only need money to eat I think.
#What else should I know?

May 14, 2013
When your Visa gets approved, you will be given a confirmation letter from the Canadian.Embassy, you will need to show that when you land at the airport immigration. Please make sure you have your contract, lmo and your employer contact details as they will need to confirm that you are really employed with your prospective employer here. For sure the officer will ask you certain questions, one of them will be "What is your purpose here? " one important tip for ur answer is. "To work temporarily!" Dont forget the word temporarily coz it is the key to satisfy the employer that you are going back home after your contract. I guess 1000cad will be enough to get through till u get ur very first salary. Goodluck