+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta -Provincial Nomination PR application time

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
Hello,

I have applied Alberta Nomination for PR with my AB calgary at the beginning of the this month through an attorney. My attorney mentioned that, Nomination certicification approval takes 4-6 months and as i know after nomination.

How long does that this whole process from provincial nomiation application to get PR? Does that take more than one year?

Thank you

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hi,

Why don't you write directly to PNP of Alberta to ask them about your case? I think they will help to make it clear soon.

Good Luck!

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
yes, you are right. But I have applied through an attorney. She mentioned that will take 4-6 months to get approval from Alberta Nomination. Just asked if there is someone applied to same program.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
It is about 4-6 months in Alberta,I deal with them occasionally in the daily course of my work,Right now We are preparing a common position for the next round of talks with the Federal Goverment in reducing the number of skilled occupations to 38,That Why We are opposed since more work means more waiting time processing our applicants for our nominee programs

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
Hi BCGuy i have a question to you.... do you have any idea about the processing time of Community and Social Service Workers or NOC 4212. If you have this kind of offer can you apply as a Provincial Nominee.
Thank you for your input....

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Proccesing time is about the same for all Alberta AINP,4212 is a occupation under pressure,So you can apply to AINP,Welcome to Alberta

Genalin

Oct 4, 2008
I applied for a permament residence, I have received my file number. As per ecas, they are processing my paper since june 6,2008. How long would i wait for my visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the AINP website it says to allow 30-90 days for processing each stage, employer eligibility and candidate eligibility, see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/employerfaq.html#13

I talked to them a couple of days ago because I wanted to find out on behalf of my coworker what happens if he changes jobs after applying and they told me that it takes 6 to 15 months to get the PR. If anybody else is wondering also what happens if you change jobs while applying, what they told me is that if you quit or lose your job at any point before getting PR, your application will be cancelled and you have to start from the beginning with a new employer.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello Leon
Your quote:
if you quit or lose your job at any point before getting PR, your application will be cancelled and you have to start from the beginning with a new employer
Can you elaborate a bit on this ?
Employer - You are referring to whom ? Are you referring to someone who initiates PR process while in Canada ?
If I start processing Alberta PNP (US H1B program), how does this affect ?

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is referring to somebody who is working in Alberta on a temporary work permit and applies for PNP with their employer. For somebody on H1B visa going in on the H1B program, it probably doesn't matter where you work but you can call them and ask if you want to make sure.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
BCguy said:
Proccesing time is about the same for all Alberta AINP,4212 is a occupation under pressure,So you can apply to AINP,Welcome to Alberta
hello to all members,
i will be schedule for a job interview(phone), can you give me some advise on how to approach my future employer on my concern. I want to bring my family with me on first land to Canada and the only option i have is the AINP. do you think company in ALBERTA, CANADA will help me with this request.

thanks and GOD BLESS US ALL !!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need AINP to bring your family. If you are on a work permit as a skilled worker, you apply to bring your family with you too and you can all come to Canada at the same time. Talk to the employer about needing a work permit. For most jobs you need a labour market opinion which the employer has to apply for. For some jobs you don't need an LMO. The employer might know better than you if an LMO is needed or not. If you really want to apply for AINP right away, you can discuss this with the employer. He might do it.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
hi leon, thank you for input...... from what i remember from our previous conversation the company, they are on the process of applying for the LMO. and they are waiting for my additional requirement to schedule for a phone interview... my job classification falls under the 4212.... hope i can bring my family with me on the time i land in alberta....

thanks...