+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP - Job Search Planning.

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Hello All,

As many of us are in the final stage to getting PR through Alberta PNP, this is the time we could actually start thinking about getting job and how to get settled in Alberta.

Views, information, message related to job situation in Alberta are welcome.

Let's start with the posting of job search tool for Alberta.

http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm

I invite all you to participate in this discussion.

Thanks,
TR

C

cchabert

This is a great idea Toledo, also I think it will be nice to see how many IT guys are here or how many WEB or Accountants are looking for job.

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Thank you all,

First we need to start at the certification requirement, I am assuming that many of us are engineers . Below is the link for engineering certification in Alberta.

http://www.apegga.org/Applicants/IEG/canada.html

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada and meet all requirements as stated in above webstie, you will be licensed as a Foreign Licensee (Engineering); Foreign Licensee (Geology); or Foreign Licensee (Geophysics) with APEGGA.

It will be good move if each of start digging in to the requirements and give feedback in this forum.

Thanks,
TR.

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
The reason I am insisting you all to look at the certification because it requires a lot of paper work. Some paper work are similar to the requirement of CIC, so if you will start gathering extra certified copy of all the paper work alongwith CIC paperwork, would be very helpful in future.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
This is really a great idea.
I find most of you are engineers. I am NOT. I am a bioinformatics scientist with business focus.

I suggest having this as a discussion forum to pitch our ideas beyond just job sites.
I have some ideas and I will post them in due course.

-dnatarajh

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's keep all options open. I have been in IT industry for over 14 years. Definitely, I am looking for a job to keep my mill running. However, I welcome Entrepreneurial minded people to pitch in ideas of starting business.

Anything that works, is legitimate, makes us happy and rakes in mulah :) , let's explore.

Taps

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
and I am in the Marketing field, Telecoms Division :) So general help in finding a legit job will be greatly appreciated!

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Thank you all,

I am sorry, I should not try to keep this discussion mainly focussed on engineering.

I am really glad that many people from diversified sectors are involved in AINP.

Let's keep floating your ideas in this thread about the job and business in canada and hopefully it will create a knowledge base which will be helpful to all future aspirants.

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Y'All,

I attended the webinar last night on the AINP SRS hoping to get some questions answered first hand. Unfortunately, time ran out and none of my questions were answered. Anyway, just wanted to share with you guys this link which has some brochures in PDF format...the speaker said that one of them is regarding job sites and how to's.

www.albertacanada.com/immigration/publications.html

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Fortunately I am a computer science person and I don't need any certifications...
Are you guys looking for job already?
Are you using any recruitment agency? Are they reliable, is it worth?
Where are you searching for jobs?

Thanks,
Akk

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Good plan..

If you get an job offer from alberta employer and u provide the details to APINP, they will provide the support letter to process the work permit before getting CIC, really if u want to move before PR.... not sure.. is that will help to us...... lets see