+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta INP - FAMILY STREAM

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, my parents don't qualify since the site [http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/familystreamcandidate.html] reads
"The Candidate and their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be between the ages of 21 and 45."

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
Leon said:
FSW stands for Federal skilled worker. It's the program where you get points for your education and experience and the one also with the new rules that you need to have experience in one of 38 "most wanted" occupations to apply or failing that, you need to have a job offer to apply. It has very little to do with family ties although you do get a few extra points for having a close family member in Canada.

There is a federal family sponsorship system but it is very limited in who it allows you to sponsor. You can bring your parents or grandparents but it takes a very long time. You can bring a spouse. You can bring your own or your spouses children if they are under 22 or financially dependent on you. You can bring siblings, nieces and nephews only if they are orphan and under 18. That's pretty much it. You can not bring your uncle or aunt or cousin, you can not bring niece or nephew or sibling over 18 or not orphaned and you can not even bring your children if they are over 22 and working.

There is a clause that says you can bring one other relative if you have no other relatives in Canada but I looked into it before AINP family stream was started and my brother was thinking about maybe coming here but I found out that to qualify for this "one other relative" clause in the federal system, not only could I have no relatives in Canada which I don't but also I could not have any sponsorship eligible relatives anywhere else, even if they were not interested in being sponsored so because my parents are alive, even if they are not interested in coming to Canada at all, that meant that I could not sponsor my brother. Also if I had been able to sponsor my brother, he had to be alone. Since he is married, that too would have stopped me from sponsoring him. Of course I could sponsor him now under AINP but he changed his mind.
Not sure then - thats just what the guy at the info session was spouting on about....i think maybe becuase lots of people there were asking how they could bring someone in under FSW and then AINP and then more under AINP - but were missing the point of the process, it seemed more they just wanted to get people here.

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the file no for Alberta INP - FAMILY STREAM

hello to all members and very happy new year.
i am form India my aunt has sponsor me in this stream they send my docs to AINP office in Edmonton on 26th of sept this yera but they still not got any response from them. pls tell me if any applied under this stream had got the file no or not. if yes pls give full details when he or she applied and when they (AINP) responds.
thanks and regards.

avin

Aug 1, 2008
mr parmar
u seem to be punjabi.....kehda shehar tun ho !! ?
send ur mobile no...............avininderpal@yahoo.com

Regarding AINP they r at bit slower pace , i haven't recieved anything from them for application submitted on 17th Sept. .......rest u must have read the posts on this forum
keep in touch
Regards
Avin

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alberta INP - FAMILY STREAM

hi to all
does any one get updates or any sort of information. if yes pls provide..................
thanxs

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
Nothing, i think with your application going in at the end of Sept you could be looking at February or March before you will hear anything. I called them to see what applications they were currently opening but they wouldnt say what month they were on.

I know some people who applied early Sept and they are also still waiting

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi avin
did u got the file no because somehow i know that person who apply on 10th September got his file no on 14th January.
may be this information help u if u get file no pls give the date when u received his file no.
thanks.

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello avin
i got some info that guy who applies on 17th sept 2008 got the file no on 14th jan 2009 if u got urs pls provides the timeline.
with regards gaurav.

avin

Aug 1, 2008
hello Parmar G !!!!!!

no response
till date and time

i think they r preparing a full fledged nomination letter for me ..............ha ha ha!!!!

regards
Avin

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello to all
no update from my side.
this waiting is becoming longer and longer.

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello avin
did u get the file no.
i have been searching on other form where i get the info that lady who apply on 6oct get his file on 7th feb. did u got it if yes please provide. if not then ask ur relatives to call thwm so that u get the required info.
with regards
gaurav.

avin

Aug 1, 2008
hello parmar
i havn't recieved anything yet
yes , my relative had gone to AINP office, but they r directing people with queries to come through toll free telephone calls or thru e-mails. Then on telephonic enquiries they have a stereo type answer which is not ur case specific and the third mean i have to try yet .

one thing more !!! if person & lady who had applied on 17 sept & 5 Oct respectively, got refrence no.s then mine or ur case must be either in direct nomination way (without ref no.) or ..........way(docs to be returned)
Isn't it , do Answer !!

regards
avin

salmanmakhani

Aug 3, 2008
my documents reached Edmonton office on 7th October but still no response. If they have responded on the 5th Oct case then I should expect some thing real soon.

Hoping for the best...

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
I've been in since oct 8 with no reply.......i think we should all here by the end of Feb/beginning of March. Or i'd be calling them