Alberta Family Stream

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
singh123 said:
I am interested to know that once you get nomination, while submitting the application for PR to CIC visa office do you submit all education and all work experience certificates of principal applicant and spouse and proof of funds or just the CIC application forms and you are then assessed only on the basis of medical, criminality and security issues/requirements.

The confusion is due to the fact that if I look at the visa office checklist for provincial nominees then you need submit all education and all work experience certificates of principal applicant and spouse and proof of funds and then you are assessed on medical, security and criminality requiremnts. But if I read the FAQs in family stream AINP website regarding the steps of processing it mentions that once you get the nomination then you will be assessed by CIC on medical, security and criminality issues only. Please share your experience.
AINP nominates you for immigration. CIC do background and security check. For backgrounds check they need your employers references, educational documents and all other you listed above

gparmar

Nov 25, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi to all members
my name is gaurav
my time line for AINP family stream is : Date of applying 26 sept 2008
file no received : 24 april 2009
after that no information from there side.
i have a question for seniors that 1 month ago AINP website time line for applicants like me (before i jan 2009) time line is total of 20 months now they have changed it for at least 36 months.
tis time line is applicable to all the applicants who last year as well as this year?? or just the applicants who still have to apply for this stream???
thanks in advance.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
I was informed that the new timelines are applicable to applications sent after jan 2009. I am also an applicant last oct 2009 and my sponsor received it around feb 2009 that my applicaiton is accepted for processing. And now comes the long wait...

I got a dilemma though.. i got married last dec 2008 and i wish for my wife to come with me to canada. What would be the best/legal and fastest way to process her application?

1st - Update my application to include her and sent her documents so she could be added in the candidate assessment? - I see an issue where my application will be considered to be a new application thus would take longer than usual AND we will be subject to the new rules where the candidate should be the one to show financial support of CAD 12,000 which we are not capable of doing at the moment.

2nd - Wait for my application to be approved (nomination) + CIC approved to get my PR then sponsor my wife as Spouse which only takes around 7months. - Issue would be, would i be considered misrepresenting my status when my application was approved? and that would be grounds for rejection of my PR status?

3rd - Wait for the approval of my nomination then inform the AINP that i have married and sent her documents? - would that be faster? atleast thats legal or im not misrepresenting my details.

Any advice pls thanks :D

Also im considering getting a lawyer but i would want to get some response from people who has experienced or has any ideas. Thanks

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Albularyo said:
I was informed that the new timelines are applicable to applications sent after jan 2009. I am also an applicant last oct 2009 and my sponsor received it around feb 2009 that my applicaiton is accepted for processing. And now comes the long wait...

I got a dilemma though.. i got married last dec 2008 and i wish for my wife to come with me to canada. What would be the best/legal and fastest way to process her application?

1st - Update my application to include her and sent her documents so she could be added in the candidate assessment? - I see an issue where my application will be considered to be a new application thus would take longer than usual AND we will be subject to the new rules where the candidate should be the one to show financial support of CAD 12,000 which we are not capable of doing at the moment.

2nd - Wait for my application to be approved (nomination) + CIC approved to get my PR then sponsor my wife as Spouse which only takes around 7months. - Issue would be, would i be considered misrepresenting my status when my application was approved? and that would be grounds for rejection of my PR status?

3rd - Wait for the approval of my nomination then inform the AINP that i have married and sent her documents? - would that be faster? atleast thats legal or im not misrepresenting my details.

Also im considering getting a lawyer but i would want to get some response from people who has experienced or has any ideas. Thanks
You ONLY have option 1
In all other options, you are misrepresenting and may be rejected

jlacombe

Sep 19, 2009
Albularyo said:

This email is so important to reply that I just had to register tonight. Do not, I repeat DO NOT EVER go with option 2. If you do that you will PERMANENTLY kill any opportunity to ever sponsor your spouse. Your spouse will never have an opportunity to immigrate to Canada as a family member sponsor. If your spouse is not included in the original CIC application and you married before you immigrated to Canada then that permanently excludes your spouse from immigration. I know of at least one case where this has happened (the couple married during the immigration process but the main applicant did not add the spouse on the application form) and unfortunately the couple only had one choice if they wanted to be together - the main applicant had to leave Canada. Very unfortunate.

I agree with the poster above, the only choice is option 1. Since you applied in October and currently have a file number the rules before September 14 still apply. Inform the program officer in writing with your file number about your new spouse and they will supply further direction. To speed the process take a look at the information on the application form to see what info they require of your spouse and include that in your letter. If you go with option 3, then this will further delay your application as they may have to redo the nomination certificate, best to go with option 1.