+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta -any hope?

DianaB

Jan 24, 2015
Is there any hope that alberta would do something like the OOPNP?
Please share your thoughts here...

Thanks!

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DianaB said:
Is there any hope that alberta would do something like the OOPNP?
Please share your thoughts here...

Thanks!
They are too busy with the incredible back log of applications for AINP, low oil prices, layoffs etc. The new NDP government got quite a bit to handle if they can and am not sure if creating something similar to OOPNP is at the top of the agenda now.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
Papa Bomboy said:
They are too busy with the incredible back log of applications for AINP, low oil prices, layoffs etc. The new NDP government got quite a bit to handle if they can and am not sure if creating something similar to OOPNP is at the top of the agenda now.
I agree, however, the next federal election might bring some hope to the express entry system. Finger cross they would be welcoming more people to boost economy, however, that might affect the cost in every application. What do you think?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
No hope in Alberta this year due to low oil price. Lay off in most of the companies.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juliegunawan said:
I agree, however, the next federal election might bring some hope to the express entry system. Finger cross they would be welcoming more people to boost economy, however, that might affect the cost in every application. What do you think?
A lot of people have predicted the ousting of the Harper government in the next federal elections based on the recent historical sweep by the NDP in Alberta. I think we should keep in mind that federal elections are quite different from provincial elections.

And if another government comes in, it doesn't necessarily mean more new immigrants will be invited to Canada. Immigration is tied to the economy these days. Take for example Alberta at the moment. CIBC have predicted that about 30,000 jobs will be lost in Alberta by the end of the year. That is a Tsunami of jobs added to the recent and on-going layoffs. It is awfully quiet in the oil sands these days except for the turn-around maintenance work in some sites and this is due to the recent layoffs. Say come October 2015 with the current economic situation remaining the same, I still don't think the number one agenda will be inviting more immigrants.

We can only be optimistic or "fingers crossed" just like a lot of people in this forum say before every EE draw.