+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta AINP

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
So my employer just said they want to nominate me. I am taking the English exam and gathering papers this month so I can apply the first week of July. I am a TFW and have a Temp Visa which expires first week of Oct. Does anyone know how long it takes for CIC to receive my papers and confirm a nomination? Also if I am nominated before Oct will I be able to stay even though my visa will expire? Any help or advise would be helpful. Thank you

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arespinoza said:
Hello all,
So my employer just said they want to nominate me. I am taking the English exam and gathering papers this month so I can apply the first week of July. I am a TFW and have a Temp Visa which expires first week of Oct. Does anyone know how long it takes for CIC to receive my papers and confirm a nomination? Also if I am nominated before Oct will I be able to stay even though my visa will expire? Any help or advise would be helpful. Thank you
CIC doesn't give nominations. The provinces do. In Alberta it takes more than a year and up to 2 years to get a nomination. If your temp visa is a visitor visa you should be fine. If it's a work permit then your nomination will be canceled if you don't provide a new work permit before this one expires.

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't think I can extend my work permit because of the new laws. What if I change it to Visitor visa. I have about $6k so I think I can wait it out about a year.

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arespinoza said:
Don't think I can extend my work permit because of the new laws. What if I change it to Visitor visa. I have about $6k so I think I can wait it out about a year.
I recommend you visit the AINP page so you have a better idea. It's not that easy as you think. You need a job, if you don't have a job or you get laid off, or your work permit expires, your nomination is canceled. Before it wasn't an issue because it used to take less than 4 weeks to get a nomination. Nowadays, it takes up to 2 years. Once you have a nomination, then you can renew your work permit.

taztinch

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Is it your visa or your working permit that will be going to expire in Oct? If your employer wants to nominate you under PNP. I would suggest its better to apply under Express entry. Mostly those who apply under EE got shorter processing time for PR.