+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Accelerated Tech Path Way PR Timelines -2023

JRS9

Nov 20, 2021
Answers to your questions, based on my application experience:

1. Yes, job offer is sufficient and it should be on Company Letter head. It should have, You Name, Designation, Roles & Responsibilities, Hours per week (like 40 Hours or something), your Salary.
2. In my case, my company is at many places in Canada but they have one office in Alberta. I used that address as my work location.
3. Getting NOI, it is not always couple of days. But maximum I have heard is 14 days. You will get this NOI in the email (keep checking spams as well), that email will have a link (with expiry of 30 days) for you to create account on Alberta PNP portal. You have to fill the complete details (much like EE profile creation). Attach all the required docs and submit your application (along with a fee of CAD 500). Once you submit this, Alberta PNP will take their own time (it is not fixed how many days they will take to make a decision to nominate you, In my case they took 4 working days) to approve or decline you a nomination.
4. Once you get the nomination, you will get 2 emails from Alberta PNP (one with password protected PNP pdf and other will have the password to open this pdf).
5. You will get another email from IRCC, to login and accept the PNP from Alberta. Once you login, be very careful in accepting the nomination (as the decline button is very near to that).
6. Once you accept that, you will get 600 points and most likely you will get the ITA from IRCC in the next draw (General or PNP).
Thanks for your detailed clarifications. Please share some thought on below.

1. I am in study permit currently doing my 1 year course completing this year. Mean time My full time offer letter is from January 2024. I have a plan to apply alberta tech pathway this month end(sep 2023). is that ok or i need to wait till January to apply the tech pathway.
2. The company is registered/incorportated in British columbia with office in Alberta. That should be suffice for applying tech pathway from company prespective eligibility right?
Thanks

Last edited:

jainashish20

May 19, 2023
Thanks for your detailed clarifications. Please share some thought on below.

1. I am in study permit currently doing my 1 year course completing this year. Mean time My full time offer letter is from January 2024. I have a plan to apply alberta tech pathway this month end(sep 2023). is that ok or i need to wait till January to apply the tech pathway.
2. The company is registered/incorportated in British columbia with office in Alberta. That should be suffice for applying tech pathway from company prespective eligibility right?
Thanks
I am responding based on my understanding so please take decision accordingly:
1. In my case as well 2 other cases which I know, the PayStubs and the tax papers help in processing our application faster. So you can try your luck with the offer letter that you have. It is the decision of Alberta Immigration officer about the same. Also please check if Alberta Tech Pathway is taking more applications in the TechPathway and check for your specific NOC.
2. There should be a registered office in Alberta which they can verify. So I guess you are good with that.

JRS9

Nov 20, 2021
I am responding based on my understanding so please take decision accordingly:
1. In my case as well 2 other cases which I know, the PayStubs and the tax papers help in processing our application faster. So you can try your luck with the offer letter that you have. It is the decision of Alberta Immigration officer about the same. Also please check if Alberta Tech Pathway is taking more applications in the TechPathway and check for your specific NOC.
2. There should be a registered office in Alberta which they can verify. So I guess you are good with that.
Thanks for your response. My noc is 21231.

One more suggestion needed,
As per ielts is concerned, mine is expiring next month. Say if I am applying tech path way this week, and noi recieved and nomination approved. By the time when ITA received say my ielts has expired. In that case after receiving ITA there are 60 days for expiry to submit doc/accept(if am not wrong). I will not accept/submit immediately the ITA, so within that 60 days I will write the ielts and submit the documents in response to ITA. Is it fine or i need to reject the ITA because of ielts expired at the time ITA arrived. Any idea/suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks again for all your suggeestions.

jainashish20

May 19, 2023
Thanks for your response. My noc is 21231.

One more suggestion needed,
As per ielts is concerned, mine is expiring next month. Say if I am applying tech path way this week, and noi recieved and nomination approved. By the time when ITA received say my ielts has expired. In that case after receiving ITA there are 60 days for expiry to submit doc/accept(if am not wrong). I will not accept/submit immediately the ITA, so within that 60 days I will write the ielts and submit the documents in response to ITA. Is it fine or i need to reject the ITA because of ielts expired at the time ITA arrived. Any idea/suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks again for all your suggeestions.
Not sure, what to say.

But I would take my IELTS first and then initiate any process. As you have to submit the details of IELTS in both PNP and EE profile, so i would love to remove that confusion and keep the details consistent (Score, date, IELTS identifier etc.)

jxrgm

Aug 2, 2023
Not yet,

still waiting for eligibility to start

ordered GCMS notes few days ago

I applied from inside Canada, Edmonton
Oh ok

Yesterday evening our medicals passed date changed on the profile. It said 'Medicals passed on June 1st' until day before yesterday and yesterday it changed to 'Medicals passed on June 2nd' - however no other changes on the profile or tracker - BG still in progress and eligibility not yet started.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

jxrgm

Aug 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am an Outland,PNP ( Alberta Tech), EE applicant. - Indian passport holder, applying from UAE

Nomination Issued- 28th March
ITA - 30th March
PR Filed - 8th May
Medical Passed- 1st June
Biometrics Completed- 1st June
Eligibility - Under Review
Background Check - Being Processed

Can someone please advise what the timelines will look like now to PPR?
Yesterday evening our medicals passed date changed on the profile. It said 'Medicals passed on June 1st' until day before yesterday and yesterday it changed to 'Medicals passed on June 2nd' - however no other changes on the profile or tracker - BG still in progress and eligibility not yet started.

AATP

Star Member
Jun 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes

Same thing happened with almost everyone, with me too.
Its just an IRCC thing dont worry about that.
my BGC also in progress and Eligibility not started yet. Outland - AOR : 09 June
Dont know how much time we have to wait more.. all depends on IRCC, their speed of processing applications is not same for everyone. Its all about Luck that what I inferred. If you are lucky enough, you'll get decision within a month or so otherwise keep waiting for months and months.

Reactions: June1311

FernandoMeza

Sep 8, 2023
Hello everybody!

I was filling my application and there's one thing annoying me.
In my "Current Job" questionnaire, they ask me to inform the "End date".
Once it is not a close work contract, I have no date to mention here. And worse, I actually only can select dates from my start date util today.

Is it normal? What did you guys select for this "End date"?
Nice weekend you all!

AATP

Star Member
Jun 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Folks,
Any update Post AOR ?
Is it really within 6 months we are going to get PPR for Alberta Techpathway ?

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Folks,
Any update Post AOR ?
Is it really within 6 months we are going to get PPR for Alberta Techpathway ?
Are you saying 6 months is a reasonable time, too less or too long ? I would like to understand your perspective.

AATP

Star Member
Jun 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Are you saying 6 months is a reasonable time, too less or too long ? I would like to understand your perspective.
No, I meant according to many people applicants get their PR under Alberta Techpathway within 6 months, and thats a feature of this program, is it true ?
I haven't seen anyone post AOR under this path in recent times so dont know either that feature is correct or not.
Normal processing time for PNP on IRCC web is 9 months whereas should we expect Alberta Techpathway's early PR feature really works?

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
No, I meant according to many people applicants get their PR under Alberta Techpathway within 6 months, and thats a feature of this program, is it true ?
I haven't seen anyone post AOR under this path in recent times so dont know either that feature is correct or not.
Normal processing time for PNP on IRCC web is 9 months whereas should we expect Alberta Techpathway's early PR feature really works?
I think there are exceptions to this 6 month rule . Or maybe it’s not even a rule , just a trend that was observed.
As of now IRCC is not following any past patterns that’s for sure. Best to estimate near or after 6 months (At least on an average) as there will be some who will get their’s in less than 3-4 months also.