+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Air India

queen latifah

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Has anybody ever travelled Air India from Amritsar, Punjab to Toronto via London? Is it a good flight?? good service? please let me know..thanks=)

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queen latifah said:
Has anybody ever travelled Air India from Amritsar, Punjab to Toronto via London? Is it a good flight?? good service? please let me know..thanks=)
If you haven't booked the tickets then try Jet Airways. Air India is gone now in every area.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queen latifah said:
I had a very bad experience with Air India flight. Once a flight was un-necessarily delayed for 13 hrs at Bombay. All the passengers for that flight were stranded for a silly reason that one crew member took sick leave?.!!!. Imagine, that was at Bombay Airport where Air India officials could not arrange a 'standby' to take off the flight in time. I don't want to explain more...After that I decided not to travel in Air India.

I agree to rocky. I travelled in Jet Airways twice to Toronto via Delhi and found very satisfactory comparing to Air Canada, Lufthansa, KLM and far..far better than Air India of course.
However the choice is yours.......

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
Avoid Air India .. there are so many options these days, though you may get better prices from air india. But they're totally unreliable. It's a long journey so better have peace of mind. If you're travelling alone, then the price difference may make sense but I would avoid it.

Cheers,
Sanjn

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
I believe BA is cheaper than all other airlines and I liked it...Jet Airways is better than BA but a little more costlier.

Lufthansa is expensive and not worth the money for the quality of aircraft we get between India to Frankfurt...from Frankfurt to Toronto the aircraft is good.....

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avoid IA, you will not get any satisfiction after travelling by it. It is now useless service. Dont look at few thousand you save by travelling with it.
I travelled last month IA 187 Delhi - London -Toronto, I tell you after 5 hours the tiolets were clogged, you will not see airhostess except while serving food, for even water you will have to fend for yourself, food and snacks are even lower grade than a 2 star dhaba of GT Road. I woou get nder who prepared their menu. Even in Rs 35 you get excellet food in Nehru Place. They should take from that place and serve in.
Jet AIRWAYS is fine.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Avoid IA, you will not get any satisfiction after travelling by it. It is now useless service. Dont look at few thousand you save by travelling with it.
I travelled last month IA 187 Delhi - London -Toronto, I tell you after 5 hours the tiolets were clogged, you will not see airhostess except while serving food, for even water you will have to fend for yourself, food and snacks are even lower grade than a 2 star dhaba of GT Road. I woou get nder who prepared their menu. Even in Rs 35 you get excellet food in Nehru Place. They should take from that place and serve in.
Jet AIRWAYS is fine.
Oh man Nehru Place food hahahah, one thing which you will miss is the food. :D, I miss it a lot.

Vaniyanikki

Jul 15, 2010
India
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2010
I have booked in Etihad Airways. Now they have an offer price if you travel during Sept - Dec. From Chennai it is Rs. 50,000/-

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
Vaniyanikki said:
I have booked in Etihad Airways. Now they have an offer price if you travel during Sept - Dec. From Chennai it is Rs. 50,000/-
Etihad flights from Abu Dhabi are good world class. From India to Abu Dhabi...old flights... my Inflight experience was good. If you are travelling from Hyderabad, Manager of Etihad is a waste fellow.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
:mad: :mad: Air India, being a public sector airlines of India is not maintaining their International Standard. There was a move to privatize but the labour union was against it and some political parties.
Please have a look at the article,( not recent)appeared in the leading news media about Air India
"........... With over 16,000 full time staff, Air India has the largest number of employees per aircraft in the world, according to figures tabled in Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Parliament Tuesday.

The airline, which has a fleet of 28 aircraft, has 588 employees per plane while most leading airliners of the world have half this employee-aircraft ratio, Junior Minister for Civil Aviation Shripad Naik informed the house in a written reply.

Assuring the house that the government was aware of this, the minister said as part of rationalising manpower, the airline had gone ahead with the freeze on external recruitment in non-operational ...

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
HI ALL,
I TRAVELED ON AI 187 AMRITSAR TO TORONTO AND RETURNED BACK ON SAME AI188 FLIGHT IN JUNE. BASICALLY THERE IS NO PROBLEM IN THE FLIGHT BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS AMRITSAR AIRPORT. CHAOS RULES EVERYWHERE! BAD BAD BAD EXPERIENCE.BEING A SEASONED TRAVELER THIS WAS THE WORST AIRPORT. FLIGHT GOT DELAYED HERE FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR(WHICH IS A ROUTINE AFFAIR).AIR CRAFT IS EXCELLENT ,STAFF IS PATHETIC SO IS THE FOOD.
BUT MIND IT FROM LONDON ONWARDS THIS BECOMES GOOD AIRLINES! GOOD STAFF & GOOD FOOD. ADVANTAGE OF THE FLIGHT IS ITS 2 HOURS OF STOP OVER AT LONDON AND ITS EASY ACCESSIBILITY FROM PUNJAB. OTHERWISE ITS AN O.K. KIND OF EXPERIENCE.

chatfriend

Mar 1, 2010
India
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also traveled in Air India. The staff inside the plane were not very friendly. Once I heard a hostess shouting to an old lady who was struggling to open the toilet door !!!

But being it is a public company, we have to give them some discounts !!!