+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

Aliya

Jan 23, 2009
Aliya said:
Can anyone reply if I do landing in Toronto. will I be able to apply for PR card and SIN number there. I want to come back in 1 week's time after doing landing formalities and so want to give a friend's address in Toronto/ calgary for the PR card. I just want to know if I come back to US before getting my PR card, how will I be able to travel next time there? Thank you.
Hi Everyone,

I did my landing at Pearson airport in Toronto. The landing process went smoothly. Immigration officer asked me which province had nominated me. I said Alberta. Then , he did all the paper work and applied for my PR card. I gave the address of my relative in TO. Now, awaiting for my PR card. I was provided a welcome kit at the airport which has all the neccesary information for new immigrants such as how to apply SIN, Medical etc..

Thanks,

Aliya

Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

Is there any link on CIC website to check the status of PR card application? I applied for the card after my landing and wanted to check the status.

Thanks,
Aliya

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
mannubhai said:
Hi Navya,
I received a PM from you. Unfortunately, my account permissions do not allow me to respond to a PM so I am posting the response here.
1. I used AVR to come back into USA. I had crossed through the Peace Bridge at Buffalo and had no issues at all. I was on the check post for about 30 secs.
2. I think it is OK to give your friend's address. I my case, the person at the immigration desk wanted to know if I am moving permanently at that time. I said no and he told me that PR card can be mailed to you once you move permanently.
Dear Mannubhai,

Thanks for response, how about your USA visa?? Was it expired in your passport? Because mine is expired but got valid I 94 valid till Dec 2013 on papers. Is it necessary that I have to for H1B visa stamping as well along with my Canadian immigration landing?
If giving my friend's address is ok then how about they sending PR Cards in mail to my USA address? Is that legal and safe?

Navya

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navya_123 said:
Dear Mannubhai,

Thanks for response, how about your USA visa?? Was it expired in your passport? Because mine is expired but got valid I 94 valid till Dec 2013 on papers. Is it necessary that I have to for H1B visa stamping as well along with my Canadian immigration landing?
If giving my friend's address is ok then how about they sending PR Cards in mail to my USA address? Is that legal and safe?

Navya
yes it is perfectly legal

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
washington.state said:
yes it is perfectly legal
Thanks Washington.State.... My main concern is expired H1b visa in my passport but got I-94 valid up to Dec 2013, is it necessary that I have to get it stamped before re-entering to USA? Or is it ok to use AVR with my expired H1B visa?

Navya

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navya_123 said:
Thanks Washington.State.... My main concern is expired H1b visa in my passport but got I-94 valid up to Dec 2013, is it necessary that I have to get it stamped before re-entering to USA? Or is it ok to use AVR with my expired H1B visa?

Navya
As long as I - 797 is valid, you are all good to go. I-94 is arrival departure record if it is valid then you can use AVR multiple times.

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
washington.state said:
As long as I - 797 is valid, you are all good to go. I-94 is arrival departure record if it is valid then you can use AVR multiple times.
Thanks Washington.state.... That was really useful info.

AVR can be used only in North America ie USA and Canada or can be used with any other countries???

Navya

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Aliya said:
Hi,

Is there any link on CIC website to check the status of PR card application? I applied for the card after my landing and wanted to check the status.

Thanks,
Aliya
As far as my search goes, there is no website for landed immigrants to check their new PR card status online. You will have to call their customer service number.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
navya_123 said:
Thanks Washington.state.... That was really useful info.

AVR can be used only in North America ie USA and Canada or can be used with any other countries???

Navya
AVR is only for Canada and Mexico.

scanada

Nov 11, 2011
rockefeller said:
Dear Members,

We have got Canadian Immigration Visa through AINP program and have to land in Alberta before 23rd sept. I and my wife are currently in H1b and our original visa stamps have expired a year ago though we have valid I-94 till end of 2012. Although many members have posted experiences about using AVR to return back after landing, we are concerned as we are landing by flight and not by road. Can we request the airline staff not to remove our I-94 and will they allow us to fly back with the I-94 and expired visa. Will the CBP inspection / immigration be done in Calgary or POE in US. Will they give us a new I-94 on re-entry or let us in with the old unexpired I-94. I read somewhere that for flights from Canada to US, immigration will be cleared in Departure airport in Canada itself and the flight will land in US as a domestic flight. I would appreciate if somebody can provide us the answers. So if any one has experience of landing and returning back successfully on AVR by flight, please advice or quote your experience. Thank you.

SI.
hiii rockefeller,
We are in the same situation where were you previously. Can you please share you experience and answer the questions you have asked in the above.

Thanks,
S

schumi252

Mar 24, 2010
Hi Everyone.
I am planning to do landing for PR in the next two days and had the following questions. I did look through several posts and couldnt really find some of the information

1) How much money should I carry and in what form, how do we pay money once in Canada??

2) In many forums, I see that the IO sends back applicants asking them to get PR cards when they are moving permanently. How to deal with this issue?

3) I have an expired I-94 in the passport and I have valid I797 I 94. Some member in this forum suggest that we take the expired passport I-94 and keep it with us before departure.
Can any one clarify what needs to be done to the expired I-94 and the valid I-94 in the I797 notice?

Would really appreciate replies in this regard

PR

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Hi All,

I have a question on PR card processing time, just wondering what is about the average wait to get the PR card in the mail once in Canada? I saw on the the CIC website the processing time is 33 business days for new permanent residents. So about a couple of months? Does that seem accurate?

Any help is much appreciated!

-Jimmy

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I landed in May 2011 through Niagara Falls. Unfortunately at the time of Landing I told the officer that I came to Visit NF. so she dint ask me for an address . Recently I updated the address through CS. After that I am not able to access my record on CIC website. Earlier I used to see that I became PR etc.

I am planning to move (Drive) to Canada in end of Jan. I need some inputs.

1. Is there any way to check the status of my PR card online? I heard that they changed the photo specs recently and I will get a letter saying the same. I want to send my pics with that letter to get my PR card. Or is it better to send the updated pics now? Only reason I am worried is I am planning to go to my home country (for a vacation) after spending 2-3 weeks in Canada. I don’t want to spend time getting travel docs etc.

2. Any specific document(s) needed to import my car. I would like get some info from seniors.

3. Also I am looking for shared accommodation for short period of time. If anybody knows which websites to look etc will be really helpful. I am single so I don’t mind staying as paying guest also.

Any other useful info regarding this sistuation is welcome.
Thanks guys,

Have wonderful weekend.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
Hi All,

I landed in May 2011 through Niagara Falls. Unfortunately at the time of Landing I told the officer that I came to Visit NF. so she dint ask me for an address . Recently I updated the address through CS. After that I am not able to access my record on CIC website. Earlier I used to see that I became PR etc.

I am planning to move (Drive) to Canada in end of Jan. I need some inputs.

1. Is there any way to check the status of my PR card online? I heard that they changed the photo specs recently and I will get a letter saying the same. I want to send my pics with that letter to get my PR card. Or is it better to send the updated pics now? Only reason I am worried is I am planning to go to my home country (for a vacation) after spending 2-3 weeks in Canada. I don't want to spend time getting travel docs etc.

2. Any specific document(s) needed to import my car. I would like get some info from seniors.

3. Also I am looking for shared accommodation for short period of time. If anybody knows which websites to look etc will be really helpful. I am single so I don't mind staying as paying guest also.

Any other useful info regarding this sistuation is welcome.
Thanks guys,

Have wonderful weekend.
To check status of your PR card you US you can call

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)