+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP: How to include minor son in my application

sa_naveed

Feb 26, 2009
Hello,

Can someone please help how to include my 1 year old son in my AINP application? Form h1b_AINP009 mentions dependent children who are 18 years or more old. But my son is a minor so how & what to write in the following:

i) Under Section-D: “List all dependents who intend to accompany you to Canada” in form h1b_AINP009?

ii) Under Section-B: “Additional Family Information” in form IMM 5406?

iii) Under Section: “Details of Family Members” in form IMM0008egen- Application for Permanent Residence in Canada?

iv) If answer is yes to above iii), what should I write in Language Ability, Occupation etc as he is an infant?

v) Should I count my son (1 years of age) while filling “How many family members are included in this application” field in form IMM0008egen- Application for Permanent Residence in Canada?

Thanks,

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
sa_naveed said:
Hello,

Can someone please help how to include my 1 year old son in my AINP application? Form h1b_AINP009 mentions dependent children who are 18 years or more old. But my son is a minor so how & what to write in the following:

i) Under Section-D: “List all dependents who intend to accompany you to Canada” in form h1b_AINP009?

ii) Under Section-B: “Additional Family Information” in form IMM 5406?

iii) Under Section: “Details of Family Members” in form IMM0008egen- Application for Permanent Residence in Canada?

iv) If answer is yes to above iii), what should I write in Language Ability, Occupation etc as he is an infant?

v) Should I count my son (1 years of age) while filling “How many family members are included in this application” field in form IMM0008egen- Application for Permanent Residence in Canada?

Thanks,
Include your son's name wherever required in AINP form. Don't include his details for those forms if they say specifically say "18 years or more old" only

sa_naveed

Feb 26, 2009
thanks.

All of their forms mention 18 years or older dependent childrens.. does that I mean I can't inlcude my son anywhere?

My confusion is should I count him while giving value for "How many family members" field on the IMM0008egen: Application for Permanent Immigration form?

particularly when I can't inlcude his information anywhere..

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
sa_naveed said:
thanks.

All of their forms mention 18 years or older dependent childrens.. does that I mean I can't inlcude my son anywhere?

My confusion is should I count him while giving value for "How many family members" field on the IMM0008egen: Application for Permanent Immigration form?

particularly when I can't inlcude his information anywhere..
This form requires his details... and you should count him in this form.

sa_naveed

Feb 26, 2009
Thanks again.

I do see the section "Details of Family Members" on this form. Actual description from the form:

“You must provide following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, and all of your dependent children and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada

1. Here again they mentioned dependent child, which is defined as someone over 18 years of agae in AINP form.

2. ALso, from the kind of details they require on this form, like occupation, language ability etc, it seems its for children over 18 years of age and not the infants.

I extremely appreciate your replies.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
sa_naveed said:
Thanks again.

I do see the section "Details of Family Members" on this form. Actual description from the form:

“You must provide following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, and all of your dependent children and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada

1. Here again they mentioned dependent child, which is defined as someone over 18 years of agae in AINP form.

2. ALso, from the kind of details they require on this form, like occupation, language ability etc, it seems its for children over 18 years of age and not the infants.

I extremely appreciate your replies.
I entered all my kids details, all under 18. If some details do not apply, just write N/A. BTW, which form are you asking about -- AINP or CIC?

sa_naveed

Feb 26, 2009
This is CIC form. IMM0008egen - Application for Permanent Residence.

But on AINP form, they also need the dependent child to sign. How did you achieve that?

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
sa_naveed said:

But on AINP form, they also need the dependent child to sign. How did you achieve that?
I read this as "Dependent Children -- 18 or older" and that is how I filled it.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Here is my opinion and what I will do written below

I will add my minor daughter in 2 forms

1. hib_AINP0009 - Page#8, Section D. Family Members
2. imm008egen - Page#2, Details of Family Members (I don't see anywhere in this section written that the dependent of age 18 or older)

imm0008_1e is background check form and that will not be required for the dependents below age 18.

hope this will help!!

sa_naveed said: