+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP H1b Program question

kundik

Feb 19, 2009
Hi all,
Glad to have come across this forum, coz I didn't know anything about this H1b immigration program previously. I have one question though - what happens if I get laid off after sending a complete AINP application to Edmonton? I'm currently working at a bank in new york, so gotta prepare for the worst, but right now I seem to satisfy all of their nomination requirements...
Thanks!
Kundik

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kundik said:
Hi all,
Glad to have come across this forum, coz I didn't know anything about this H1b immigration program previously. I have one question though - what happens if I get laid off after sending a complete AINP application to Edmonton? I'm currently working at a bank in new york, so gotta prepare for the worst, but right now I seem to satisfy all of their nomination requirements...
Thanks!
Kundik
Kundik,

After change of employer, send your new I-797 to AINP and inform them about employer change, you should be good to continue with your AINP application.

Taps

kundik

Feb 19, 2009
Tapak, thanks for such a fast reply! But my worry is not the change of an employer, it's the loss of one altogether... What if I lose my h1b job after applying for AINP - will my application be void in that case or can I still continue, as I satisfied their requirement at the time of my application?

A

Albertagoverner

kundik said:
Tapak, thanks for such a fast reply! But my worry is not the change of an employer, it's the loss of one altogether... What if I lose my h1b job after applying for AINP - will my application be void in that case or can I still continue, as I satisfied their requirement at the time of my application?
Find some consulting company, transfer the H1, start working for them.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Dear Governor,
i think you are not understanding question properly. if I am not sure but I think he asked whether he will be able to continue this process in case he needs to leave US or stay in US without H1B status.
I do have the same question and will call the toll free number on monday and let you know the answer
thanks,
wasi2000
Albertagoverner said:
kundik said:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I don't think he is going to be able to continue his PNP app if he is not in US. They say that you must apply for CIC in Buffalo also...but I would call the hot line if I were you..

Akk

wasi2000 said:
Dear Governor,
i think you are not understanding question properly. if I am not sure but I think he asked whether he will be able to continue this process in case he needs to leave US or stay in US without H1B status.
I do have the same question and will call the toll free number on monday and let you know the answer
thanks,
wasi2000
Albertagoverner said:
kundik said:

A

Albertagoverner

wasi2000 said:
Dear Governor,
thanks,
wasi2000
Albertagoverner said:
kundik said:
Definitely, Calling AINP for a complex situation is a good idea.

kundik

Feb 19, 2009
wasi2000, you're correct - that was exactly the gist of my question. were you able to get any kind of info on this from the hotline?
thanks!
kundik

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
Do you think the consulting companies are still hiring (Reddy and others)? They need to be able to place thier consultants before they can hire more and the companies where they normally place thier consultants are NOT hiring.

A

Albertagoverner

nix1 said:
Albertagoverner said:
Do you think the consulting companies are still hiring (Reddy and others)? They need to be able to place thier consultants before they can hire more and the companies where they normally place thier consultants are NOT hiring.
That's kind of good question. Actually Hiring process is very slow that's true. But now days reddy's are hiring with project. If you want h1b transfer, Hunt the project and then do the transfer. Also A good news that mostly RFE's are being issue for companies who just place the candidate who doesn't have any application development, Product development or Patents registered. USCIS thinks that companies who are working like a staffing agency are abusing the system and 99% companies are like that. However some companies who have their own products, research, patents, in-house projects and work orders are still getting approval without any RFE. Also change the stereo type focus of mind while hunting the project, Do not think about the Bail-out wall street firms as a full-time employee, As reddy brand contractor you can still work for Citi, Goldman Sachs and UBS bank etc.... But that will on Corp_Corp basis. The only change that happened is now you will not see any H1B with full-time positions in these wall street clients.
So Bottom line is that be patient, be tricky, hunt a project, find a consulting company who has some product, research, development, patents, good repo and then transfer with them.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
I have a question that may sound silly. I have applied for the AINP-H1B using the new format in Feb 02. I was very excited when I found out about this new program (almost by accident). After I heard about this program I didn't lose anytime and gather all the paper work. At the time of my application my 9 months old baby didn't have a passport, so I sent a copy of his America birth certificate instead. Now I've received his passport. Should I send it to them right the way or wait until I hear something from them? Do you think this is going to cause major delays in my application?

Thanks for your replies...

A

Albertagoverner

monteiromarcosb said:
I have a question that may sound silly. I have applied for the AINP-H1B using the new format in Feb 02. I was very excited when I found out about this new program (almost by accident). After I heard about this program I didn't lose anytime and gather all the paper work. At the time of my application my 9 months old baby didn't have a passport, so I sent a copy of his America birth certificate instead. Now I've received his passport. Should I send it to them right the way or wait until I hear something from them? Do you think this is going to cause major delays in my application?

Thanks for your replies...
Not a Problem. Since US offer Dual citizenship so you can explain the story on a seperate paper to AINP. Tell them that you had a baby in US and who is Citizen of Home Country as well and send both paper to AINP. Tell them you got Passport of your son from Home country as well. I believe that you haven't get the file number from AINP then email to thier email id with your date of Application delivery, Last name, Date of Birth, passport number and they will add this document in your file.