+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP but want to settle in Toronto

anilkumar123

Feb 29, 2016
I had obtained my immigration Visa through AINP in 2014 and did first landing in July 2014, obtained my SIN and PR and returned to my home country. Although, originally I intended to settle in Calgary/Alberta as I have experience in Oil/gas field, but due to low oil prices there are no employment opportunities in Alberta. Now I want to shift to Canada in Toronto. is there any restriction that AINP approved visa/PR persons have to shift to Alberta? Please clarify.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have no contract with your PNP province to live there for any certain length of time. You signed a document stating you intend to settle there. This needs to have been true when you applied and when you landed as a PR.

Of course it would look very bad for someone if they left their PNP province a day or a week after landing and
settled somewhere else because it would show that they did not have intent to settle when they landed.

Therefore, I usually advise people to stay in their PNP province for at least a couple of months so they can later say they tried to look for work there.

However, in your case, since you left after your landing, if anybody ever asks, you can easily say that you spent the time outside Canada looking for work online in your PNP province and couldn't find so you had to look elsewhere where you saw you have more opportunities.

Under the charter of rights and freedoms, you are free to live and work in any province.