+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

It depends on when u send appln to CIC or AINP. State PCC does not apply to people who sent appln to CIC before 2-19-2009. The new appln process to AINP started around Dec end 2008 (not sure of the exact date), Coz when I called AINP on Jan 5th, they sent me a letter detailing old process, but the lady to whom I spoke told me that the process has changed and no pre-assesment was done from Jan 1st.

joshi77 said:
Diva ,

i think state pcc also applies to Old process

coz if you check buffalo checklist of documents you will find state pcc as a requirement

divagirl said:
The New process under AINP was to apply directly without an invitation and maintain H1 status until a 'Decision' is made.
The New process under CIC includes getting State PCCs in USA from all the states where you have lived for more than 6 months.

shvr007 said:
I have browsed through all pages on the thread. But have a few unanswered questions. Appreciate your responses/clarifications.

Could anybody please help me understand what the differences are with the 'New' and 'Old' processes of the AINP H1B Programs. Below are some of the differences (I think), are there more and/or have I not interpreted the below differences correctly ?
1) The H1B validity requirement - The 'New' requires that the applicant hold a valid H1B visa as of the 'Decision' date i.e. Nomination date
2) The 'New' application process does not require sending documents via email for an invitation before applying

Did the 'New' process go into effect on Feb 19, 2009 ?

I mailed my application (i.e. sent it only) on Feb 19, 2009. Would this be counted as 'Old' or 'New' ?

Thanks !

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Diva ,

can you post ( type ) the content of the letter in exact words from AINP, here for us ( describing old and new process )

divagirl said:
It depends on when u send appln to CIC or AINP. State PCC does not apply to people who sent appln to CIC before 2-19-2009. The new appln process to AINP started around Dec end 2008 (not sure of the exact date), Coz when I called AINP on Jan 5th, they sent me a letter detailing old process, but the lady to whom I spoke told me that the process has changed and no pre-assesment was done from Jan 1st.

joshi77 said:
Diva ,

coz if you check buffalo checklist of documents you will find state pcc as a requirement

divagirl said:
The New process under AINP was to apply directly without an invitation and maintain H1 status until a 'Decision' is made.
The New process under CIC includes getting State PCCs in USA from all the states where you have lived for more than 6 months.

shvr007 said:
I have browsed through all pages on the thread. But have a few unanswered questions. Appreciate your responses/clarifications.

Could anybody please help me understand what the differences are with the 'New' and 'Old' processes of the AINP H1B Programs. Below are some of the differences (I think), are there more and/or have I not interpreted the below differences correctly ?
1) The H1B validity requirement - The 'New' requires that the applicant hold a valid H1B visa as of the 'Decision' date i.e. Nomination date
2) The 'New' application process does not require sending documents via email for an invitation before applying

I mailed my application (i.e. sent it only) on Feb 19, 2009. Would this be counted as 'Old' or 'New' ?

Thanks !

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
Hi,

I am ready to apply for AINP Alberta for H1B visa category .I am almost done with all requirement.I am still confuse for ANIP Form 0009 Where they ask Question about a)Total Experience and b.) List all employment since age 18 that is relevant to the occupation/NOC code for which you are submitting this application (attach a separate sheet if required):

I have total Exp of 13 years. 4 years as Programmer Analyst(NOC 2171 I am applying) in USA and 9 years As Mechanical Technician in India.

Should I mentioned both experience and dates or Just mentioned exp and dates for NOC(2171) which I am applying?

Thanks,
sam

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008

divagirl said:
State PCC does not apply to people who sent appln to CIC before 2-19-2009.
divagirl said:
What is the source of this Info? As far as I know CIC can ask for it to anyone regardless of the Application Date.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

Please see post #305 under "Re: H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline" thread by alberta1978. He has sent the contents of the mail and i got the same mail.

cuterash said:
Diva ,

can you post ( type ) the content of the letter in exact words from AINP, here for us ( describing old and new process )

divagirl said:

joshi77 said:
Diva ,

divagirl said:

shvr007 said:

Thanks !

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
I am preparing my AINP application but I am confuse about my NOC. I was working as a programer Analyst but now I am working as a Web / database developer.
Please anybody guide me which one is more appropriate NOC for me.

I'll be thankful.

shvr007

Mar 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2009
Nomination.....
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Interview........
No Interview

Thanks DivaGirl.

divagirl said:

shvr007 said:

Thanks !

pb

Feb 21, 2009

I would say... go with the one that you can provide supporting documents like employment letter, reference letter.

Ambitious07 said:
I am preparing my AINP application but I am confuse about my NOC. I was working as a programer Analyst but now I am working as a Web / database developer.

I'll be thankful.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

Ambitious07 said:

I'll be thankful.
Use the NOC code of your current job title.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo

Check 2171 if your job matches

Ambitious07 said:

I'll be thankful.

Shubra

Mar 7, 2009
NOC for Programmer Analyst is 2174 if am not wrong. i have seen many people using 2171 .
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&val65=2171

please clear this.

mrs.aa

Mar 7, 2009
Dear All
My application reached Edmonton on 10th March 2009. Waiting to hear from them.Will update as I get updates.
Thanks
Mrs.AA

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo

Shubra said:
NOC for Programmer Analyst is 2174 if am not wrong. i have seen many people using 2171 .
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&val65=2171

please clear this.
If your job duties matches with the NOC 2174 then you can use that.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Shubra said:

please clear this.
That is because the list was updated in February 2009 and lot of new codes were added. The old list did not have anything other than 2171 for computer related jobs.

Hope this helps.

ron77

Feb 14, 2009
All,

I hope who sent their application before Jan 12,2009 already received their file number....
Yes or No, Please inform us , so we can reference it....
Thanks ,

My timeline:
AINP received my application in 1st week of FEB....