+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

calgarian

Mar 9, 2009
Hi Guys,

Received my nomination yesterday.

File # :20XX
NOC: 2171
Application Sent date to Alberta: 09-Mar-2009.
Application reached: 10-Mar-2009

Received file# Dt. : 29-July-2009(email says my application was recieved on 29th July)

Nomination received : 11-Jan-2010

now trying to find out whats next...

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Congratulations! That is great news! I believe you should have instructions from AINP on how to proceed (CIC process).

I am still waiting for my File number. Hoping for the best!
Goodluck ALL.

nirnaybansal

Feb 11, 2010
Its being log time I read any update on this post.....

I filled my case on 26th Feb
Received file no on 27-Jun-09
Received RFE on 05-Aug-09
Replied RFE on 12-Aug-09

and still waiting for the Approval...... Seems lots of candidates from Jan and also from Mar-Apr already received approval letters...
I don't know what get stuck in my case.... does anyone like me from Feb-09 also waiting?

abInMind

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
I have also applied in a similar timeframe, applied initially in Dec 08, sent application in Feb 09, got file number in March 09, still waiting. I think there are a few others...

nirnaybansal

Feb 11, 2010
Today I called Alberta immigration office and asked my status. They said, 8 month after file number is minimum timeline. You may receive approval notice or one more round of RFE (H1b status confirmation call) from your approver officer anytime between end of 8th month (from the date of file number) to end of 12th month. :(

Its being 13 month I applied and 9 month I received file number.
I filled my case on 26th Feb
Received file no on 27-Jun-09
Received RFE on 05-Aug-09
Replied RFE on 12-Aug-09

Update me if you have any updates.

Mar 15, 2010
Hello everyone,

I applied for AINP provincial nominee program in October 2009. My package reached immigration office on October 23, 2009. It's been almost 5 months since I submitted the application, but still no file no. or any sort of communication.

Has somebody faced a similar situation? I see that most of the people in this forum have applied prior to September 2009. Has anybody applied after September 2009?

I know that it usually takes 4 months to get the file no. But it's almost 5 months now & I am getting scared?

a_u

Feb 21, 2009
I'm in the same situation--no file # as yet. I applied in Aug 2009--my application was received sometime in Oct 2009. No further communication. What is your NOC? Mine is 4143.

shvr007

Mar 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2009
Nomination.....
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Interview........
No Interview
My AINP was approved and have recently submitted my PR application to CIC office in Buffalo, NY. My H1B will expire in the next few months and hence would like to start applying for jobs in Alberta. Need information on the below few things. Greatly appreciate any clarification/information.

a) What is the process for AINP approved candidates to obtain a work permit/Letter of support to start working in Alberta?
b) How long does it take to get the work permit ?
c) What is required of the employer through this process ?
d) Finally, will the stay on the work permit count fully towards the citizenship stay requirements (of 365*3 days) or will only 50% of the stay be counted?

Mar 15, 2010
a_u said:
I'm in the same situation--no file # as yet. I applied in Aug 2009--my application was received sometime in Oct 2009. No further communication. What is your NOC? Mine is 4143.
Hey a_u,

Why did your application take 2 months to reach Alberta Immigration office?

dhavaljdave

Nov 28, 2009
Hi All,

Does anyone know chemical engineering is still shortages skill list in Alberta?
I have applied for AINP in July 2009. Can any one estimate when can I hear from govt?

Mar 27, 2010
Hi Guys,

Yesterday i got email from Alberta Officer to confirm my new mailing address.
I have moved into new state with in USA but i have not updated my new mailing address to
to Alberta

NOC: 2173
Application Sent date to Alberta: 15-Mar-2009.
Application reached: 19-Mar-2009

now trying to find out any one got same kind of email before receive the nomination.
I am not sure whether they sent my nomination to my old mailing address and return back
to Alberta.

Below is the email i received from Alberta Officer.

Any Idea?

Mar 27, 2010
Hi Guys,

Yesterday i got email from Alberta Officer to confirm my new mailing address.
I have moved to new state with in USA but i have not updated my new mailing address to
to Alberta

NOC: 2173
Application Sent date to Alberta: 15-Mar-2009.
Application reached: 19-Mar-2009

now trying to find out any one got same kind of email before receive the nomination.
I am not sure whether they sent my nomination to my old mailing address and return back
to Alberta.
Any Idea?

Below is the email i received from Alberta Officer.
Dear xxxxx,
Please confirm your current mailing address by either:
Fax: 780-427-6560
Or mail in the address update to:
Suite 940 , Telus Plaza North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton , Alberta Canada T5J 1S6

edmond11

Mar 29, 2010
I receive an email stating that my application is under review. They would like to know if i have secured a job offer in Alberta, became PR of US, pursuing formal education or pharmacy licensure and provide recent pay stub.

My answer is no to all those and can provide recent pay stub. Just curious why would they ask if i was pursuing formal education or pharmacy licensure? I already have a BS and MS from the US and i am applying under Electrical nomination category.

Thanks

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
I also received a similar email like you about 1 week ago asking if i have secured a job offer in Alberta, became PR of US, pursuing formal education and provide recent pay stub except for pursuing formal education or pharmacy license.

I think they asked you about pharmacy because something in your application materials made them think it's possible for you to do so.

Anyway, let's keep each other updated.

edmond11 said:
I receive an email stating that my application is under review. They would like to know if i have secured a job offer in Alberta, became PR of US, pursuing formal education or pharmacy licensure and provide recent pay stub.

My answer is no to all those and can provide recent pay stub. Just curious why would they ask if i was pursuing formal education or pharmacy licensure? I already have a BS and MS from the US and i am applying under Electrical nomination category.

Thanks