+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agriculture Professional (From India, working in US)

vmannam12

Oct 25, 2011
Hi,
I am in US (Illinois) working as Research Associate in an agri-based multinational company after completing MS (in Agriculture/Agronomy) from Mississippi State University. My company has offices in Canada too. I have completed MS (in agriculture) from US and have another MS (agriculture) from India too. I want to apply for PR to canada. What are my options? Can someone help me in this.
Thanks in advance.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

find NOC in which your work experience is suitable in and get complete description of that NOC, compare your work experience.
if CAP is still remaining then you can apply, if noc is not matched please dont apply (if you have employment authorization-AEO than it will different track), even don't apply if your points are below 67 to qualify FSW immigration.
Best luck.

OMM

vmannam12

Oct 25, 2011
omm said:
find NOC in which your work experience is suitable in and get complete description of that NOC, compare your work experience.
if CAP is still remaining then you can apply, if noc is not matched please dont apply (if you have employment authorization-AEO than it will different track), even don't apply if your points are below 67 to qualify FSW immigration.
Best luck.

OMM
Hi OMM, thanks for that link. I got 67 points. I fall in NOC code 2121. Is there any sub classification within that code where I can check my job responsibilities? How do I apply for my wife who is also Indian and for my son, who is US citizen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here it is:
Look Main Duties (do not copy past same text which mentioned in NOC as an example for experience letter thats for understanding for applicant job role and duties):

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2121

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ViewAllTitles.aspx?val=2&val1=2121

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are principal applicant then your points will main important to qualify (like age , language points your work experience etc ), your spouse points you can claim only educational points or any relatives like mother, aunty/uncle brother sister (if she graduate or master or PHD holder) it will count to claim adaptability points.
your wife and son also migrate with you as dependants.
you can land with them but they can not land before you becasue you are the PA. they can also land after your landing but before expiry of visa or medical or passport.
you need POF (proof of funds) for 3 (near about CAD $18500 to show enough POF with application to CIO , even Visa office ask several times updated POF, finally you also want that when you get visa and plan for land in Canada once you land at Canadian airport the POE officer will ask to your POF).

you have to read this and start preperation: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/eg7.pdf
read manual before apply you will get many answer from this manual if you have any query in mind.

OMM

vmannam12

Oct 25, 2011
omm said:
if you are principal applicant then your points will count , your spouse points (if she graduate or master or PHD holder) it will count to claim adaptability points, so your wife and son also migrate with you as dependants.
you can land with them but they can not land before you becasue you are the PA.
you need POF (proof of funds) for 3 (near about CAD $18500 to show enough POF with application to CIO , even Visa office ask several times updated POF, finally you also want that when you get visa and plan for land in Canada once you land at Canadian airport the POE officer will ask to your POF).

read manual before apply you will get many answer from this manual if you have any query in mind.

OMM
Thanks for that info.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you apply by your own or hire lawyer if you dont haev time to fillout forms.
rememeber all documents you have to provide to your lawyer or agent. your agent or lawyer will work as clerk and as courrier for you.
Best luck

OMM