+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agri Food Pilot Program Updates

Badbrarz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi everyone!

Im currently on my 6th month working at BC. I'll be applying for the Agri food pilot program but i'm really confused with the following:

1. I'm applying for ECA under WES, so they gave me 3 options. I dont know which one to choose because based on the immigration website, they're only accepting ECA evaluated for immigration but there is an option at WES for Agri food Pilot program. Below are the options.
A. Standard evaluation (definitely not this one)
B. Evaluation for Immigration
C. Evaluation for Agri Food Pilot Program

2. How much should be my hourly salary in order to be eligible to apply? Im living/working at BC

TIA everyone
Hey bro

you should apply for immigration evaluation because that will be valid for any program including agri food pilot. Though your salary has to be equivalent to the standard salary which is minimum wage valid for bc for your Noc code. So you should consider completing the experience rather than focusing on these things because I am sure that minimum wage will be increased by that time (hopefully).

cye

Nov 6, 2013
Hi! For this program, are those with open work permit qualified to apply? Or do they need a LMIA?

Badbrarz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
Hi! For this program, are those with open work permit qualified to apply? Or do they need a LMIA?
You can apply on open work permit but the experience gained in the agri food industry should be on Lmia based work permit ( close work permit). If your Lmia work permit has expired and you are now on open work permit by any means you can still apply for this program based on the experience gained on close work permit.

Suegar

Apr 25, 2022
Does anyone know if you’re tied to the employer? Do you have to stay with the employer after landing?

Badbrarz

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
It’s not a compulsion if you are in Canada but if you are overseas and have got a permanent resident through the job offer of the particular employer than you must spend sometime with the same. What program you are asking for ?

Suegar

Apr 25, 2022
It’s not a compulsion if you are in Canada but if you are overseas and have got a permanent resident through the job offer of the particular employer than you must spend sometime with the same. What program you are asking for ?
I’m asking about the Agri pilot program. Wondering if it was similar to PNP programs.