+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agency that helps with immigration in Alberta or Saskatchewan.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
Dear all,
could anyone recommend a good agency that helps with immigration advice and overall process?

Basically, me and my husband plan to move to Canada in 2 years. We were looking at these 2 provinces as they seem to be more affordable and suit our needs more than others.

Thanks in advance.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
LilyC said:
Dear all,
could anyone recommend a good agency that helps with immigration advice and overall process?

Basically, me and my husband plan to move to Canada in 2 years. We were looking at these 2 provinces as they seem to be more affordable and suit our needs more than others.

Thanks in advance.

Even before you explore immigration agents, explore the CIC website and learn about the process. If you are applying from outside Canada you need to explore agents in your home country. But I would strongly suggest to process application on your own.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
SMCANADAVISA said:
But I would strongly suggest to process application on your own.
SMCANADAVISA, thank you for your reply. Could you please say why you suggest to process application on our own?

We've been to one of the events in Ireland, where companies from Canada, NZ and Australia had presentations about lack of skilled workers, about different ways person can immigrate, etc. We've met with some of the agents, who help people with documents, etc. They were dealing with customers, who live outside of Canada too. Since then we've moved to my husbands home country, and unfortunately lost contacts of those agents. We both are aware of CIC website, and read it throughout. This is the reason I made this thread, hoping someone can recommend a reliable agency. Unfortunately, I don't trust agencies in my husbands country - place where we live now ;D

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
200+ views and no replies ::)

I guess this topic is relevant, if so many people have checked it, so I'm bumping it up hoping someone will come forward with information.

Thanks in advance :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LilyC said:
200+ views doesn't mean anything. People might click on the post and leave without any comment.

What are you comparing with when you say these 2 provinces seems more affordable and suit your needs more than others? I live in metro Vancouver, but I don't find houses and food prices in Calgary more cheaper.

As said by others, try to avoid using agency and apply on your own.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have no complicated circumstances, most people do not need an agency to immigrate: the actual process involves getting quite a bit of documentation together (which you have to do, an agent can't/won't do it for you), then lots of form filling ;).

Also read what CIC says about using an agent :). If you feel you are completely incapable of doing it yourselves, then look at the list of registered consultants here:
https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En, and then Google for reviews!

Have a look to see if you are eligible for Alberta or Sasketchewan PNP (provincial nomination programmes), and the Express Entry process on the CIC website.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
steaky said:
200+ views doesn't mean anything. People might click on the post and leave without any comment.

What are you comparing with when you say these 2 provinces seems more affordable and suit your needs more than others? I live in metro Vancouver, but I don't find houses and food prices in Calgary more cheaper.

As said by others, try to avoid using agency and apply on your own.
Thanks for your reply. I was half joking about 200 views, 10 of them were made by me probably. Ahh, it's hard to joke over the Internet.

We are looking into moving to a smaller town, such as Red Deer or St. Albert. They seem quite affordable, with good access to bigger cities.

The question is, why should we avoid using agents? Everybody says that, but nobody explained why :D We both are busy with work, plus my husband is also finishing his degree. Why paint your room yourself, when you can hire a professional painter, if you know what I mean :)

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
Lammawitch said:
If you have no complicated circumstances, most people do not need an agency to immigrate: the actual process involves getting quite a bit of documentation together (which you have to do, an agent can't/won't do it for you), then lots of form filling ;).

Also read what CIC says about using an agent :). If you feel you are completely incapable of doing it yourselves, then look at the list of registered consultants here:

Have a look to see if you are eligible for Alberta or Sasketchewan PNP (provincial nomination programmes), and the Express Entry process on the CIC website.
Lammawitch (I love your name :) ), thanks a mill for the info. That's what I've been looking for. Again, we are very busy, and would like to hire a consultant to at least advice us on what route we should take. I have a Masters Degree, that is not that valued in Canada, and almost no experience. My husband, on the other hand, has a great experience, yet will be completing his Masters while applying for a visa. We need a consultant to recommend us, who should be the main applicant to maximise our chances, etc.

Thanks again ;)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LilyC said:
Lammawitch (I love your name :) ), thanks a mill for the info. That's what I've been looking for. Again, we are very busy, and would like to hire a consultant to at least advice us on what route we should take. I have a Masters Degree, that is not that valued in Canada, and almost no experience. My husband, on the other hand, has a great experience, yet will be completing his Masters while applying for a visa. We need a consultant to recommend us, who should be the main applicant to maximise our chances, etc.

Thanks again ;)
There is really not much a consultant can advise you on as for routes to take: EE directly, or PNP (which involves EE anyway, depending on province). Unless one of you gets a job offer from an employer willing and able to apply for and get an LMIA... In which case you'd be laughing all the way to the border ;)!

In your case it's really quite simple: input your details to the CIC Express Entry points calculator for both scenarios, & see who gets most points as principal applicant :).

First:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

Then:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Also note that BOTH of you can apply as principal applicant at the same time.... Might I suggest that you check out the Express Entry forum?