Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
boyee6576 said:
Any nasty messages can be left after the peep.. peeeeeep!!!
Rotfl, boyee!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
BostonGirl said:
Can anyone tell me why on earth it is only perceived a problem when the woman is the older spouse?
I mean, what is the reasoning behind this?
Well, there seems to be a perception that an older woman may be (or may soon be) past her child-bearing years, and one reason a man would want to be married is to have children, so marrying an older woman would be counter-productive. I've seen this reason given often in cases of immigrants from India. They also look negatively at a woman who was in a previous relationship, especially when the man hasn't been in a relationship. I think that the implication is that a man deserves to marry a virgin, though this is not explicitly stated. It's all very sexist, but that's the history of many cultures.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
I'm going to go totally out on a limb and say that the only people precieving it as an issue are the people giving it so much time on this thread.

It's not an issue, or rather it is just as much of an issue/non-issue as any other component to a relationship that the IO checks.

Coming from a age gap relationship I find some of the comments here offensive... I am in no way nieve, nor do I think my husband would like to hear theories about how people precieve that he is taking advantage of me. Even if the comments are based on what people precieve that others precieve.

Let's keep to the facts people, and keep personal prejudices out of it.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
fallenstar831 said:
I'm going to go totally out on a limb and say that the only people precieving it as an issue are the people giving it so much time on this thread.

It's not an issue, or rather it is just as much of an issue/non-issue as any other component to a relationship that the IO checks.

Coming from a age gap relationship I find some of the comments here offensive... I am in no way nieve, nor do I think my husband would like to hear theories about how people precieve that he is taking advantage of me. Even if the comments are based on what people precieve that others precieve.

Let's keep to the facts people, and keep personal prejudices out of it.
The first time I visited my fiance's family she and her father picked me up at the train station in Minot ND, when we crossed into Canada at North Portal we got pulled for questioning. Several of the questions concerned the age difference between us, including what her family thought of it, (I suggested they ask her father since he was sitting in the waiting area). Everything came out fine, but there ARE people in the system who do consider an age difference to be a big deal.

And I don't see why you would find the fact that some people would give these relationships more scrutiny offensive. The young gigolo/gold digger/con artist preying on an older person of wealth is about the oldest scam in history, and I'm sure it's used to get visas too. I don't see anything wrong with giving a second look to relationships like that just to be sure.

mrspedroso

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2009
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
File Transfer...
16-09-2009
Interview........
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2010
LANDED..........
08-03-2010
16 years old difference with my husband ( he is younger ) . We got the visa, living a fabulous life together since 6 months now ! Stop worry, when it is real love, age did not have consequence :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
mrspedroso said:
16 years old difference with my husband ( he is younger ) . We got the visa, living a fabulous life together since 6 months now ! Stop worry, when it is real love, age did not have consequence :)
Well said! I think the guy before you has his nickers in a twist.

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
fallenstar831 said:
Well said! I think the guy before you has his nickers in a twist.
Coming from the person who finds it offensive that people would dare to believe some thing different from what they believe, that's funny....

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I think that age is looked at as an issue in the countries where it is not normal for a man to marry an older woman. There are countries and culture that within their country it is almost unheard of for a man to marry an older woman, and especially if she has been divorced , and possibly with kids. This is where a big age difference becomes a huge red flag, and the couple really has to go out of their way to provide even more proof of their relationship than other couples, especially if the contact was made through the internet.

I can admit that being married to my husband who is from one of those cultures had me worried about what CIC would think, even though it is only 8 years difference ,with me being older than my husband, the age difference was brought up at the interview, and several questions asked regarding that difference.

It is rare that a man marry an older woman in his country. So if this is your caes I would recommend being overly prepared.

Many countries an age difference is of no importance if it is normal in that country between themselves.

They consider what is normal within a country to be normal when investigating a marriage to a person of another country.

Good luck to everyone in the process