+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After requesting the Mexico PCC

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Hello friends!

I'm currently at the NA1 stage and have 1 action required on my part: obtaining the Mexican PCC for my wife. Mexico is one of the countries where, if you live outside, you have to request a PCC through the Canadian embassy there who will send the results directly to the case processing center (we never get the document).

It is my understanding that Mexican PCCs requested through the embassy can take 3-4 months to process, and the deadline to present this document for me is December 23. I have to upload a file to my application, but there is no guidance on what that should be, given that the process is out of my hands after I mail the request to the embassy and the results are sent directly.

Should I immediately upload a scan of the courier receipt as proof that the request was sent? Or should I just wait until the deadline is close, try to find out the status, and upload that (kind of how you have to wait until a few days before the deadline to submit the e-APR even if you know the FBI PCCs won't reach you in time)?

I'd appreciate if anyone who requested the PCC from Mexico (or any other country with the same procedure) could share how they handled this.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hello friends!

I'm currently at the NA1 stage and have 1 action required on my part: obtaining the Mexican PCC for my wife. Mexico is one of the countries where, if you live outside, you have to request a PCC through the Canadian embassy there who will send the results directly to the case processing center (we never get the document).

It is my understanding that Mexican PCCs requested through the embassy can take 3-4 months to process, and the deadline to present this document for me is December 23. I have to upload a file to my application, but there is no guidance on what that should be, given that the process is out of my hands after I mail the request to the embassy and the results are sent directly.

Should I immediately upload a scan of the courier receipt as proof that the request was sent? Or should I just wait until the deadline is close, try to find out the status, and upload that (kind of how you have to wait until a few days before the deadline to submit the e-APR even if you know the FBI PCCs won't reach you in time)?

I'd appreciate if anyone who requested the PCC from Mexico (or any other country with the same procedure) could share how they handled this.

Thank you in advance!
I would suggest you wait closer to the deadline and then upload the proof of application.
They will then extend the deadline for you. Sending it before may give you a deadline closer than expected and create unnecessary communication and frustration on your end.
Also, in case they do issue the PCC rather quickly, you will have things moving along more smoothly.

Reactions: danchavacr

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
I would suggest you wait closer to the deadline and then upload the proof of application.
They will then extend the deadline for you. Sending it before may give you a deadline closer than expected and create unnecessary communication and frustration on your end.
Also, in case they do issue the PCC rather quickly, you will have things moving along more smoothly.
Got it, thanks!

Reactions: superspecial90